Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Chick Chat ...Dec 26/07 ~ Dec 30th/07

Good Evening!

I have to find the person that invented the digital camera. I love that all those horrid early morning christmas present opening pictures can be deleted before they even get seen by anyone else!!

I also need to thank that person, because.......because of those photos, I was able to see what Ive been doing to myself Today was my first 100% on plan day in months!

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas

What do you have planned for the new year?

Last edited by RobinW; 12-26-2007 at 09:56 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Robin, congrats for getting on plan....I'm still struggling with it but I'm hoping when I go back to work next week (not that I'm rushing my vacation) I'll get back to normal (what ever that is lol).

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful Christmas Holiday.Hopefully every had a great Christmas holiday the way we did.The DGC and my kids all missed us. Hopefully we'll be able to go down there at Easter.I hated waiting that long[7 months] to see all of my family,but when sickness takes it tolls,we must comply.

Santa was good to the grandkids this year. They got all that they wanted. Leo & I didn't have any problem getting onto the ferry,as we didn't cancel our reservation. We got back late yesterday afternoon. We both have BAD COLDS,we think we caught it on the ferry,as no one was sick down at my DD's.

I gained 5 lbs on the day I left for NY and than additional 4 when I get on the scale this morning.At my W-I I'm now 172.My DD can't believe I'm that high,because I don't look that heavy. Leo of cause stayed the same. I watched the goodies,they only thing I was nibbling on was potato chips,didn't go near the cakes, cookies or anything sweet,Leo was doing just the opposite ,and he maintained.

Not going to change my ticker until the end of the year.

ROBIN-Thanks for stating us up for this week,I do agree with you those digital cameras are terrific.Have no plans for New Years.

LEENIE-I think we all feel the same. I tried to watch my carbs,but the potato chip did me in. Heres to the New Year.

Have a great day,I have to get our laundry done

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good Morning LC'ers! My name is Roni and I am a Holiday food addict. It's been 6 day's since my last confession.....Ummmm. Wait..nevermind, wrong place, hehe!

Seriously, OMG! I am SOOOOO burned out of sugary, carb-filled foods! I've gained weight, I have a hang over and I feel like a 2 footed Whale, lol! I have gained a little over 6 lbs! So over I'm telling ya! I started my day already with a nice ham & cheese omelette and I am soooo ready to be back on track NOW! TODAY, no more waiting!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

After the Christmas eve pizza party at mom's (she quit cooking, she's 84).
And the Christmas dinner at my sister inlaw's and a huge piece of pecan pie and assorted other carbos, I'm back on track but I gained 2 lbs grrrrr. (it took me almost 2 week's to get rid of 3 days earlier.. ) I think a lot of it is water so I'm making sure to get my 80 oz's of water. (I add 4oz of unsweetened cranberry juice to give the old kidney's extra cleansing)
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Ahhhhhhh returning to my LC Buds & sanity! It's a crazy crazy carb filled world out there gals - I tried to save you all from the carb attacks by trying to eat all of them b4 they got to ya!

I'm hungover too diva - what a yuck feeling. LOL at your "confession" - let me just say ditto X about 10? Congrats on the omelette - think I'll whip one up just so my bod can remember what protein tastes like!!! My blood sugar will thank me, eh?

Thanks so much for starting us up robin - really enjoyed reading your observations late last nite - I unfortunately went into a carb-induced coma b4 I could reply! I have a digital camera but just like my cell phone - can't get the hang of it yet. Yet another New Years Resolution? Your posts have helped me see the light and am BOP as of today (if we don't count the cold soft taco I ate at 5am - let's not shall wee?) Drinking coffee and ice water to wake up out of this nightmare.

So glad you're back safely beachie! Sounds like you had a great trip! That sodium chip poundage will be off ya in no time, I just know it! I can't weigh until the 2nd (back to work scale) - but my swim suit sure fit snugger at the Y last nite!

*dusting self off yet again*

Hiya Leenie! Good luck to you in '08!!!

Glad you posted in the 2007 goals robin . . . I'm going to review my own (got to run my two little visitors back home to the country - bbl) . . . to see how realistic (read: UN) they were and revise for '08.

CYA all then . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealchereal View Post
After the Christmas eve pizza party at mom's (she quit cooking, she's 84).
my grandmother (82) quit cooking the day after her husband died, hasnt even made christmas cookies....told us we would have to do with store bought. She eats out every day, says it gets her out of the house, and there is enough left over to bring home to eat later if she needs to.

I dont want to wait until Im in my 80's before I can declare "Im not cooking anymore"

I took another look at my '07 goals, and I think Im just going to cut and paste them for '08. I think they are realistic, and its no longer just a weight issue, its turning into a health issue. I really need to smarten up!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Ha! Robin, I may copy & paste your 2007 goals too, except I need to lose 76 LBS I think. There's a couple more I can add as well, like train for the c25k on my future treadmill. Hopefully I'll have it by this time next month.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #9  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Smile

Hi everyone,
I've been a longtime lurker/sometimes poster around here for years and I just wanted to jump in and say that I am ready to join the LC henhouse I have tried everything over the years and I've eaten my way into type 2 diabetes (diagnosed 10.03). I've even recently upped my meds and nothing is happening. I'm quite sure that it is a combination of very high stress (out of work due to medical problem, no money, etc...) and very high carbs. My blood sugar generally runs 250-300 when it should be around 100.

I've been re-reading Dr. Atkins and I know it's what I need to do. My only qualm is that it may be fairly expensive, but then so is diabetes, right? I will be shopping on the 5th (have to wait for the foodstamps ) and will be making nutritious choices. I have two teenage boys and they usually stop by their great grandma's house after school so I will mostly be eating "convenience" foods like already cooked chicken breasts and such. Luckily there's a great variety of frozen veggies available too. I really can't find a good excuse NOT to do this!

Anyway, I wanted to say *Hi* and I hope to keep up on things here. No internet at home right now so I have to use the library. What a drag, but at least it's high speed instead of dial-up!
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Hi everyone!
We went to the mall and various shopping places today and we ate out but after adding what I ate into fitday I am surprised to say I stayed within calories and carbs! Go figure.... BTW, Since purging myself ( not in the literal sense, ew)the other day and OD'ing on water, I've lost a little over 2 lbs...hehe The legs are sore, the feet hurt but I am still dancng through the house with my ipod and some nifty dance songs I got off itunes.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Evening Ladies

Aud~ Im happy to hear you were helped with my reflections.....and no, the 5am taco doesnt count. Everything restarts after you go to sleep and wake up. I havent a clue why it just does!

Kim~ Hiya and Atkins seems expensive, but it isnt really. I found it was alot less than eating the way I was. Once you get in the swing of things, you'll see how much less you eat. Those chocolate bars, chips and donuts I was eating really added up...oh and the cadbury mini eggie things too. When money gets tight here, I end up eating alot of scrambled eggs with cheese

Anyone can copy and paste my last years goals if they wish

Well, today is day 4. The headaches were really bad yesterday....the kind that make you sick to your stomach bad. Today is much better, I only needed 3 ibuprofens 1x today! Things are looking up!

I need to go grocery shopping too, we are scraping the bottom of the freezer. Im going to try a brisket tomorrow(its the last thing in the freezer).......never did before so wish me luck, and pray for non-shoe leather brisket

I dont know if I posted this before or not....but here goes again if I did. I had been rereading my protein power book, and realized that when I lost all my weight the first time, I was taking potassium and magnesium supplements. It always seemed that after 2-3 weeks of atkins or protein power, my system started to seriously revolt, and I felt like crap......you that crap you get on the bottom of your shoe crap? umhm....like that! But this is the only thing was consistently has worked for me, up until recently. The way I was feeling was described as low mag/pot, hopefully thats what the issue is. So......Im stocked up on my mag/pot supps and Im hoping that is what the issue was. I'll let you know in about 2.5-3.5 weeks!

Thats it in my little corner of the world, have a nice evening ladies.

Last edited by RobinW; 12-29-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. With all the Holidays, I ended up just trying to watch my calories and not worry much about my carbs. But, I am up 6 lbs. over goal and will restart my LCing tomorrow. (Unfortuntately I've already blown breakfast this morning). I received a yrs gym membership from DH for Christmas, so I can't wait to get started on this come Jan2nd.

I hope everyone is doing well and I've missed you guys.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Posted in the Dec. challenge. Nothing new just got home from the Christmas Holiday and I gained a total of 9 lbs. Fortunately when I got back on the scale I was 5 lbs lighter.

Changed my ticker to read correctly and for the season ahead.

Tami-I know how you feel, I'm in the same predicament. Going to careful this time around,sticking to as many veggie carb w) fiber before going back to the grains.Congrats on losing your 2 lbs.

surrealchereal-Welcometo the board. I know it take me a long time to lose also.I was happy to see that I lost 1/2 of what I gained,but nows its the fad part to get rid of the rest. You'll like it here the ladies are super.

AUD-Thanks for the welcome back.You were right the sodium intake made me gain,but when having too much I gain 2-lbs not 9.Hope you see good results on Wed.

ROBIN-I use a cock pot for the brisket. My DD's MIL gave me the recipe.She puts chili sauce in the brisket and thats her secret ingredient that makes the brisket delish....... Good Luck:luck: in making yours.

ShootingStar-Welcome to the board also.My sister & I have to watch our sugar as we have diabetes running in our family. She's on a low carb diet also,Atkins is not hard to follow and its not expensive. Just re read the book and you'll do fine.

LILY-Welcome back,Missed you and wondered why you weren't posting. The holidays keep a lot of people from the boards.I was on a calorie counting challenge board for the holidays and even watching I still managed to gain 9-lbs.the sodium gets me all the time. New Years Revolution to to watch my sodium intake along with the carbs. You'll lose that 6 lbs shortly,and be back to goal.

Have a great day

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Today has been a bit tougher, but Im hangin' tough cuz Im already showing a 6lb loss Might even climb on the treadmill tonight

Brisket is in the oven, and it smells absolutely awesome If it doesnt turn out BB, I'd love your crockpot recipe.

Have a great evening Ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 12-30-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I've been re-reading Dr. Atkins and I know it's what I need to do. My only qualm is that it may be fairly expensive, but then so is diabetes, right? I will be shopping on the 5th (have to wait for the foodstamps ) and will be making nutritious choices.
You can do it if you're careful and plan, I too buy my groceries with food stamps.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote