Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #1  
Gold(+1/2P)

S/C/G: 190/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Green plan?

Hi Everyone!

I am currently on the gold plan and doing well, but I am so close to goal and I don't think I will get there unless I drop a plan...I am pretty sure green is next. Unfortunately, like most people, I am without a center or online access .....Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you so very much!!!

P.S. What is everyone substituting the bars with???? I am going to miss those caramel deluxe
roserph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 AM   #2  

Hi Rose,
Welcome. We are the same height and I was told that I would go to green at 137 pounds. I am currently at 138 and my goal weight is 135 or so. I have been losing steadily, but slowly and I don't think I will need to go to the lowest plan. I was switched to the numbered plans in July so the lowest plan for me is plan 1.

From what I have been told, at your current weight, it would not be a good idea to drop to the lowest calorie plan. Besides, I know that others who have tried to stay on green or plan 1 find it very hard.

I use South Beach cereal bars. My fav is the peanut butter and it is lower in fats and sugar than the LA bars. My people are using the luna bars and many times they are special offers on amazon with free shipping. I use one bar a day and then I do one lite drink for my other lite. I firmly believe that this has helped me to keep losing. I also use fitday to track my caloric intake so that I don't go below 1200 calories. I should also tell you that my age is against me as I am over 60. I exercise 30-40 minutes a day and I vary the type of exercise that I do. Hope this helps.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I don't strictly follow the change to lbs LAWL has. For me they don't work. If I was still on red, which is what I am technically supposed to be on, I would still be 197 lbs, plateaud or worse yet gaining. LAWL's weight guide for moving plans is a fair suggestion, but does not work for everyone.

You know your body better than anyone else. I would say stay on gold as long as you can, but if you plateau for lengthy period of time, drop down to the green level then. When you plateau, your body is using same calories as it is taking in - so to continue losing you will need to drop down a plan and lose some calories.

Good luck!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

My last time on LAWL i was told that i needed to be 128lbs before they drop me to green. I was at 135lbs and they still refused. That being said i stalled on the gold plan for a little while and i had to start paying better attention to what i ate. Just because i was allowed to eat all those things in the plan book didnt mean it worked for me. When i stalled i also started exercising for about 30mins a day on the elliptical and i started losing again. The things i started cutting out was peanut butter, frozen meals and i also couldnt have v8 fusion, those are just some things i remember.

Last edited by Debbie24; 12-29-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #5  

Hi again Rose,
My response was based on you saying that you were still doing well on gold. I took that to mean that you were still losing maybe slowly but still losing. The less that we weigh, the slower the weight loss is.

The green plan or the comparable plan 1 is very tough. I tried cutting out a few of my portions for 2 days to test myself and it was hard. I have never been hungry, but I could tell the difference those 2 days.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #6  
Gold(+1/2P)

Thanks everyone for your input!!! I am slowly losing...in fact I weighed in today and lost another 2lbs...which is awesome, but I have also been POP for the last week...plus I am drinking a whole lot of water and religiously checking in on this forum to keep me in check with all these yummy christmas cookies lying around crying out to me !

I am going to do what you said Lynn....hang in there until I get down to 137 and try it...I think its 2 of everything on green....2V 2P 2F 2S 1D 1F 2bars? Are the portion sizes the same? I just want to be prepared.....If I am still losing once I get down to the 130's with gold I may just stick with it and modify. (Thanks for the hint Debbie!)

Debbie, I see you had a lil one in July...Congrats!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Thanks hun & you're welcome. I hope you continue to lose without stalling.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

Hi. I just got plan 1 to start and it's a lot less of everything, except Fruit.
2P, 2V, 2F, 1D, 2S and 1 fat with the same serving sizes. I tried and tried to get them to give me this plan for weeks since I was plateauing and they wouldn't. I had to go in first thing on a Saturday monring (I usually went in after work around 4:30). Luckily I made it this past Saturday. P.S. I also did the TO Wed & Thurs

I'm not going to officially start Plan 1 until New Year's Day. I only have 4 more weeks left and I don't plan on purchasing anymore. I need to find out what to eat if I won't be doing the lites or try the Luna Bars.

Anway, I'm not
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #9  
Gold(+1/2P)

Thanks for the info.....I went to Trader Joe's and bought a couple of flavors of the Lunas to try them out....They are awesome and I actually like them better than the Lites...I find them to be more filling and I don't get a stomach ache from them if I eat them on an empty stomach like I did with the lites (esp. the peanut butter, for some strange reason).....now I am trying to figure out which one I like the best so I can order them from amazon....

I did notice the calorie and fat content varied on the Lunas.....has anyone ran into problems with that? Are there any specific ones that should be avoided?

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!! Here's to a healthy and Happy 2008!!