Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Need quick easy lunch ideas...

Hi All,

I did LA Weight Loss September-October, but then used the holidays as an excuse to quit. Now, I have the support of my husband who will also be doing LA Weight Loss with me. He will be doing the old Red plan, and I will be doing the old purple plan. I think I remember from last time, the purple plan was just one less protein. Someone please help if this is incorrect.

The problem I remember having before was lunch. I thought I was doing great with a Lean Cuisine or half of a deli lunch meat sandwich, but after joining and reading this board, realized both have too much salt. I work at a hospital so a salad from the salad bar will be easy to obtain, but I wanted other options as well. What I like about this plan is the structure. Could someone please share what you find easy to have for lunch on the go?

I appreciate your help. I know it's a horrible cliche to start this on 1/1/08, but again, I'm a structure person...
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

you can do tuna with light mayo in a whole wheat pita with a fruit on the side. You can make a grilled chicken pita, or grilled chicken on salad with yogurt on the side. Its really easy to grill a bunch of chicken breasts in the beginning of the week so that its always there for you to either snack on or make a simple sandwich with. You can do grilled chicken in a pita with lettuce and tomato so that way you will have a protein, starch & veggie all in one. You can do a piece of grilled chicken with melted 2% cheese on top (yum) or have a tuna salad rolled in lettuce and a fruit or yogurt on the side. I noticed when i do the lean cuisines i stall. I thought those were easy go to's also but it didnt work out for me. Besides i never got full when eating those. I'm also planning to offically start on 1/1/08. GL to you and your DH.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Brittany, I used the frozen meals myself. I just check the salt content and calories and find ones that are not so bad. Kashi mades some very nice frozen meals that are fairly low in sodium and even have whole grains. So it is more a matter of being careful in what you buy. Some frozen meals are just super loaded with salt, others are not so bad. It definitely helped me with portion control and convenience.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #4  

Default Need advice

Hi everyone: I have been doing LA/Pure Weight loss since July 2007. I had good luck with this diet plan losing 26 lbs. Starting in 2008, my health insurance, Independent Health, will be giving me $300 to use towards Weight Watchers, so I might as well take advantage of that. I hope that it wont be a hard transition.

Has anyone else switched to WW? I still have 46 boxes of lites, so I hope that I can incorporate them into the plan. Any advice would be appreciated. Tx, Louise.
Smethport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Regarding lunch ideas - see the thread that I just bumped up.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #6  

Thanks Lynn! Helps a whole lot!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Regarding lunch ideas - see the thread that I just bumped up.
I was wondering who bumped it up.

I'm all about the fresh veggies with a protien on the side. Most days it's chicken breast and sliced peppers with just a tad of vinegar.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I usually do Tuna mixed with Light Ranch now days that's my fav. I use those Spinach tortillas a half of one for 1 starch and then put lettuce and tomatoe on it if I have it with. Or a meal. Or left overs like the others said. Tuna is a lfe saver! Ha! I never knew I loved it so much and I like it with the Light ranch way more than with the light mayo...
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

I've been doing roast beef or chicken in half a pita with lettuce and tomato.. Just be sure not to fall into the "deli-style" lunch meats...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  

I don't think my old book outlines what type of pita to get... Can you give me an idea of what to look for? All ideas sound yummy!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Look for whole wheat and/or low carb...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lite english muffins make great little mini pizzas that you can nuke, I love that. I also used to take a full portion out of supper every night and freeze it. Then I had a bunch of freezer meals that I knew were on plan and okay on salt.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote