Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Cool The SIX PACK ABS/bikini-ready bodies CLUB - December 2007!

Hey everyone!

Since the initial thread got pretty long, I decided to post a new one here for the month of December.

One month until New Years Day. Does anyone have any New Years resolutions?

ALSO, if you want, you can post your bio/about you thingy here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...2&postcount=13

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-02-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

So are we posting our abs now, at the start of this month too? *lol* Mine actually feel particularly good today. That's not to say how they look though. *lol*

I'm actually thrilled to heading into a new year without hating myself and how fat I am. This is the first year I won't be feeling like my New Year's resolution should be losing weight and then feeling like a failure b/c I don't do it.

I do still have some body fat to lose, but I'm working more on recomp now and know that if I don't go any farther, I could easily stay here and be happy. Of course, that's not going to happen...I'm going for the six pack...but that's just for fun...not because I'm a fat pig anymore. KWIM? So, overall body recomp is my goal for next year. I want my body fat as low as it can safely go without messing up my horomones, etc.

What about you?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #3  

Yup, I'm in the same place as you are. I could be happy where I am, since I have a flat stomach, some minimal ab definition, and am definitely not a fat pig anymore... BUT... it just isn't good enough because I HATE my stomach and I know that I don't have to.

My abs have not made any more progress, or I probably would have posted a pic, being the conceited creature I have the potential of being!

"This is the first year I won't be feeling like my New Year's resolution should be losing weight and then feeling like a failure b/c I don't do it."
SAME HERE!! Since I got fat, I kept saying, "Ok, I will lose weight this year..." and never lost an ounce. If anything, I continued to gradually gain and thus feel like crap about myself. It's weird NOT having a weight loss-related New Years resolution, as I even had them when I was thin. Seriously, I weighed 125 pounds but wanted to be 110-115... and now I realize how SILLY I was... everyone told me I was quite thin yet I was convinced that I was a total lardass.

My resolution is the same as yours... just to get the 6 pack and lower my percent body fat... and keep it there. I think I am going to get my navel pierced once I reach goal. That way, I'll want to show it off andwill never lose my abs again... bwahahaha
Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

I don't have anything new or fantastic to report but ... good morning all the same.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #5  

I have now discovered that Rice Krispies Treats are another trigger food for me.

I have made them several times in the last couple of weeks and realize that as soon as I start eating them, I just can't stop! I could eat the entire batch, so I fear I must stay away from them entirely... kind of like how I can't eat chips, most nuts, or Wheat Thins (screw that "thin" bit in the name... how can you be THIN when you can't put down the box? ). Salty and crunchy things are my downfall. I MUST STOP!

Today I'm back to the basics: yogurt, protein bars, salad, fruit, grilled or baked chicken, and butt powder.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

So I'm kind of in a rut... I've been lingering around 170 for a few weeks now occasionally getting to 168 or jumping up to 172, this morning I was 171. I've come to the conclusion that I think my problem is that I'm comfortable where I am so I don't have that oomph of motivation to shake off these last 10 pounds! I have been eating to maintain which will not help my six pack any... Sorry to be a bit of a complainer but maybe I need to vent my frustration which will maybe give me that push I need. Hmmm we'll see...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #7  

Vent your frustration here all you want to, Melissa.

I feel your pain, too. I'm so, so comfy at 135 and since I can fit small-ish sizes, I don't have as much motivation anymore. I'm not trying to lose any more weight, though, but building muscle and losing fat has some of the same concepts as losing weight does.

My problem is that while my body is not what I want, it's a **** of a lot better than all the fat rolls I started out having! I was looking like Krispy Kreme before I lost weight and now that I'm not Krispy Kreme, I'm getting more compliments and attention than I was used to previously receiving. Once I got fat, I forgot that compliments and attention even existed

I imagine you can relate... I'm sure 168-172 feels a **** of a lot nicer than 190 and since you said you store most of your fat in your butt and thighs, you probably have a great body already

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-04-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 AM   #8  

I need sumthin' folks. I don't know what. Perhaps this is what support is.

I'm in turmoil. I'm struggling but to be perfectly honest, I'm not doing anything. I almost cried yesterday at the feel of my protruding abdomen but went ahead and ate more anyway. Ridiculous amounts of raisin bran and tortilla chips.

I want awesome abs right? I want to be an amazing lookin' 40 something? I want to be a yummy granny right?

Ugh! Blech!

Give me a talkin' to my dedicated friends. Tell me where it's really at.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #9  

You asked for it, Susan...

You know you need to eat SUPER clean for nice abs. Here's a bit of potential motivation: I was eating refined sugars, fats, and other crap foods like tortilla chips . My abs were slackin'. Yesterday, I ate clean and in the evening, I noticed I could sort of see my abs again. Take it one day at a time. ONE DAY of good, clean eating will make your abs more prominent - think of that.

It's hard to get back on track once you fall off. I've been struggling myself. But I'm back on it and you should join me. I have an idea... do you like friendly competition? We can challenge each other to a week on plan. Whoever stays on plan the week (OR for the most days out of the week ) wins. What do they win? Nothing, really, just eVictory.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #10  

Oh Susan, if only I had some words of wisdom for you. I struggle with this so much it sickens me. I feel like it's not normal to care about food and JUNK food, as much as I do. Last night, I was actually plotting my cheat day...I'm not supposed to cheat for 21 days according to the trainer and I gave her my word yet last night...I was plotting a cheat. And not just a cheat meal...an entire cheat/binge DAY. Premeditated and everything. I was even planning how to hide it from DH. *sigh* Not that he cares but I would just be so embarrassed I wouldn't want him to know. How sick is that?

Luckily I feel stronger today and am staying on plan, but I'm supposed to go shopping tomorrow and that's always hardest for me, between all the candy in the stores and the food court...I honestly, honestly, want to cry when I can't have it. For me, right now...the only thing keeping me hanging on by the tiniest little thread is the trainer and the fact that I gave her my word that I wouldn't. My word means nothing to me, but I'm trying to hold onto a little integrity and not become a lier to other people over food. We will see what happens tomorrow. *sigh* I can work my a** off on the exercising, running, lifting weights, over an hour a day, sometimes two...but the eating is my downfall and without getting that in check, I know all the workouts in the world won't get me where I want to be.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #11  

I wonder why eating clean is so hard... I feel like eating clean forces me to omit so many things I love and forces me to eat more plain, bland things... so in order to maintain my sanity, I try to think about how my abs will look if I eat clean.

Don't ya'll HATE those people who have nice abs and DON'T eat clean? My girlfriend used to have a 4 pack. She doesn't anymore, but she still has a 2-ish pack despite not doing a DAMN thing for it unless eating 4 donuts one day and one pint of Haagan Dazs counts. She never exercises and complains about climbing one flight of stairs yet gets to have abs? Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful, but ...grrrr envy.

I know a few guys who have six packs even though they eat pizza and drink beer. All they do is go to the gym for around 30 minutes every few days and they think going to the gym every day is "a little obsessive" and "a waste of time". I just blamed that on the fact that they are guys

I also have a female friend who DOES work out religiously (well, about as much as I do, which is more than most I know) but still eats crap and has nice abs anyway.

THOSE LUCKY B@ST@RDS!

Oh well... so what if it is just harder for us... we can do it too.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-05-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #12  

Don't worry....it will catch up with them. It really will, I promise. And by then you'll have your six pack but they'll be all flabby! *lol* That actually used to be me...I used to be able to eat anything and had a great belly. But, then I got pregnant...and after the baby, I just kept getting fatter and fatter...there went the nice abs. I actually don't know one single person in real life that eats like that and actually has nice abs...well, that's not true, my brother has a nice midsection and eats like crap. Even the young girls around here nowadays I find have flabby bellies for the most part.

I don't really find eating clean hard, it's eating ONLY clean that's hard. I really enjoy everything I eat through the day and don't think anything I'm eating is bland or gross. I just WANT MY SNACKS TOO!!! I want dessert...I want candy!! I WANT PIZZA! Ugh, sorry, this isn't helping anyone. *blush*

LOL
Old 12-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #13  

"I don't really find eating clean hard, it's eating ONLY clean that's hard. "

Ok, THAT is what I am trying to say! I love salads, fruits, veggies with dip... BUT THEN I want some dessert at the end of the day, too! I love grilled chicken but then I love pizza and chips. I love some extra lean steak tips, but sometimes I just want a burger.

There was a time in my life... about two years... when I was pretty thin, ate crap, partied and drank alcohol often, and wasn't too physically active. Correction: I WAS active - I walked everywhere, I had a band... we played on stage and there was never a dull moment, sometimes I had days so busy that I didn't eat much at all until the end of the day (then, I'd go eat somewhere bad like Five Guys or Taco Bell ), and my life was pretty fun and relatively stress free - but I rarely worked out or consciously exercised. I didn't have abs, either. I had nice legs and a slight bit of arm definition, but I definitely did not look athletic... just thin. I didn't have a flabby belly, just no definition.

You are right that a lot of younger girls these days have flabby bellies. I only know a few girls with nice abs and a whole lot of girls who buy pants a size or two too small and consequently have muffin tops even though they are not fat and would not have them if they would only wear their damn size!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-06-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: GIRLS not guys - I bet it made more sense now
Old 12-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #14  

Let me see if I can explain.

I'm letting circumstances dictate to me. I'm working a lot. Christmas is coming. The weather and roads have been bad for a few days. The bills all get paid at about the same time ...

I should be stomping my foot and heading to the nearest grocer, instead I'm just floating downstream. Honest, if it weren't raisin bran ... I mean if bologne was the only thing in the house ... I'd be eating it.
It only takes a minute to stop by the grocer on the way home from work and grab a lettuce and some sardines!

I talked to DH. We're definitely going grocery shopping tomorrow night. Lean, clean grocery shopping. I've cleaned the fridge in anticipation of that.
The down slide has to stop and having a well stocked pantry may just do the trick.

We can have seasonal foods for the 15th when the kids are all here and Christmas day ... just for fun ... But not all season long!

I need to grasp some control here!

Thanks for listening.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #15  

Oh, I get ya. You just haven't gotten groceries yet. You actually are normal and aren't completely consumed with food every waking second. I've poured out my heart and nasty little thoughts for no reason. Now I'm embarrassed. *lol*

God, grant me the serenity to not binge out of control and not hit the food court tomorrow when I go shopping. *lol*
Closed Thread