View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #14
CountingDown
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the others - it will work, but you may want to keep a log and tweak the calorie count as needed. One of my greatest frustrations as a calorie counter has been that I WANT it to be simple science and math. I WANT to be able to say, "if I just stick to my plan of 1400 calories, and exercise 5 hrs per week, I will lose 2 lbs. per week". All the math and science say that this will happen. But, the reality is - our bodies are much more complex and science doesn't have all the answers. Some weeks I do lose those 2 lbs. Other weeks, I don't lose anything. But, since this is a lifestyle change and not a diet, I don't get upset like I did in the past when the scale doesn't budge. So it takes me longer to get to my goal. In the scheme of things, an extra month, six months, or even a year doesn't really matter.

Changing to healthy habits and eating healthfully for the rest of my life is the real goal.
I think I need to embroider that on a pillow

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story

Last edited by CountingDown : 12-26-2007 at 11:53 AM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote