Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Default Christmas Day Binge

I allowed myself to binge today... how much of an impact will it have on my weight?
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #2  

For every 3,500 cals, youll technically gain 1lb of body fat. There might also be some water weight/sheer weight of food for a couple of days until it, um, passes through, but *real weight gain* is 1lb per extra 3,500 cals consumed. Varies slightly person to person.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:26 PM   #3  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

It probably also depends on your natural size (height and weight).

I have a cheat meal once a week, and it never affects my weight in the long term. I recommend not weighing yourself for a week, and throw in a few more minutes of exercise over a couple of days to help work it off
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #4  
Wannabe Health Nut!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/128

Height: 5"4

I was pretty bad today, too.. By 3:00pm I'd already had a turkey wrap, half of one of those margherita pizza flatbreads from Uno's, 3 sugar free snack sized apple sauces and 8 baked chicken nuggets.. That's what happens when I let myself STARVE all morning.. I'll go real easy on dinner today. Don't think I broke the bank though, and you probably didn't either. If you're concerned, you can always log what you DID eat into a calorie counter like 'TheDailyPlate' or the like and see what the real damage is. Whatever it is, don't beat yourself up about it too much. I agree with TamaraLynn in that is probably won't make too much of a difference as long as it doesn't become habit. Hope you enjoyed whatever it is you ate, and Merry Christmas!
LittleMissMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, if it's only one day, minimal damage. If you don't get back on track... ?? Good luck getting BACK ON TRACK!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #6  
=D

After a ay of binge eating its so easy to fall off the horse and start eating poorly the day after that etc, but if you get back on track straight away, maybe do a bit more exercise etc, you should be okay.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

well i checked my weight today and it hasnt really changed.... and im apparetnly now 162 and it has been staying there for a week.. i thought it was dehydration after me being sick but apparently not.. YAY... good christmas present lol.... so im 2 pounds away from my goall... but im not yet happy... so i may alter that
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

As long as you can get back on your normal eating track, one day of over indulgence once in a while is not going to hurt you...in the long run. The day after it might look bad, but it's not. I pretty much pigged out last night...but i also didn't eat breakfast or lunch...so i don't really care. I know today i am back to eating my normal foods and drinking lots of water. The holidays are over until next October, so i'm not too concerned. For the whole....I did great this holiday season. I didn't gain and I managed to lose at least 2 pounds each month...so that's not so bad. Lots of people gained about 2 pounds a month during the holidays...so i know I have something to be proud of. And so do you. Way to go on keeping yourself on plan during this stressful time of year!!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Agree with everyone else. As long as you get RIGHT BACK on track, one meal or day won't put on much but temporary water weight. Getting back on track can be difficult, though, so I try not to go off plan too terribly often, just in case it is hard to get back in the swing of things.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8

As long as you get right back on track, any impact should be transitory. As people have mentioned, drinking a lot of water helps. So does eating fresh fruits & fresh veggies. And keep up with the exercise routine.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I have been the QUEEN of binging all month long! There have been several work parties with no healthy options. I've gotten baked goods shoved in my face left and right. My family sent me a huge care package full of junk food. I ate three plates at Christmas dinner AND I had dessert. I have no one to blame but myself and my lack of self control when it comes to tasty treats

One day of binging is not going to hurt you. ****, a few binge days here and there (though not recommended) may not make you gain a significant amount of weight. It is really hard to stay on plan during the holidays After new year's day comes and goes, we can all get back on track. In the meantime, we can try our best to eat healthy foods and exercise daily, even if we slip up here and there
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I didn't cheat on Xmas but I did cheat on day 5 of my diet. It seems to have had no effect on me.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote