South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Survivor Fans Chime In **Finale Spoilers Here**

Well, what did you think? I was personally so distressed when I realized Todd had a very good chance of winning, that I was forced to gobble two candy canes and a granola bar.
Then I hated that James was given the Sprint cash, but it was a popularity vote, and he managed to convince enough people that he was a good guy to win it, so more power to him. I find it hard to believe though that you would pause to get an autograph and picture when you are at your son/brother's funeral. Kind of made me feel sorry for the dead guy.

Did anybody else notice that Amanda never had a chance to speak? I wish they would have explained what it was about her bathing suit bottom that made it necessary to blur her butt the whole season. That must have been one mighty wedgy!

I had dismissed Denise when she refused to trade in 4th place for anything else by shaking up alliances. But she really turned my stomach with that "poor me, I've only got a family to go back to, and a crappy job. I deserve the money, even though I was a terrible player." I'm sure her family and all the janitors of the world loved hearing that. And then Barnett handed her some cash. Today, the superintendent of her school district posted a statement on their website saying that Denise lied, and she put in for the janitor's job, which was a promotion, and was given the promotion last spring, then granted a leave of absence so she could do the show. I also had to laugh at her explanation of the hair-do. I know I have seen lunch ladies with long hair pulled into a bun under the hairnet. I do NOT believe that her school district has a special mullet requirement for food service workers.

Weird season, I really tried to find somebody to like. I almost was able to like Amanda and Pei Ghee, but not quite. Of course, I will be reserving my Thursday nights again starting in February in hopes of a better season! After they announced that one of the China Survivors would be on next season, I was trying to figure out who it could be. They would have just finished filming, so it couldn't be anyone who looked too healthy (unless they were out early). I'm guessing Pei Ghee, James, or Frosti.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

We were wondering about Amanda's bathing suit too..drove me nuts.

I really didn't care who won...none of them impressed me a great deal. Of course I was rooting for James, but once he was gone, I really didn't care much. Out of the 3 left, Amanda would have been my choice. And I was happy to see that Courtney had been eating.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I wanted to know about amandas swim suit too.

I was a James fan, I mean face it..... that man has a nice body! even in the midst of starving he looked great! I still can't believe he didn't plan one of the immunity idols.

and as for Denise..... I just find the woman very strange. I work in a Jr High cafeteria, I put my hair in a bun. I don't feel the need for a mullet! I think that is weird about her principal posting a rebuttle on the school site. I will have to track that down!

At first I was dissapointed that Todd got the money......... but I really didn't want Amanda or Courtney to get it..... so I guess.

I was not a Phie Gee fan, but it would have been nice for her to win it since she is chinese.

I can't wait to see who will be on the team of returning players. I would love to see Rupert, or Colby and from this season..... hmmm not really sure that I need to see any of them again..... but I guess we will.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #4  

zambejaly, here's the article from the school website:

"Press Release: Mrs. Denise Martin
December 17, 2007
Douglas Public Schools

On the “Survivor China” television program that aired on December 16, 2007, Mrs. Denise Martin, an employee of the Douglas Public Schools, stated that she was demoted from her position as a cafeteria worker upon her return from taping the show. This statement is false. In fact, Mrs. Martin held a full-time position as a custodian prior to her participation in the series, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. Mrs. Martin was granted - at her request - an unpaid leave of absence so that she could participate in the “Survivor” program. We were pleased and excited to support Denise, and have enthusiastically cheered her on throughout the duration of the show.

Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.

Regretfully, the Douglas Public School District was inaccurately portrayed as failing to be accommodating to an employee during what the District viewed as a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity. This is far from the case. On the contrary, we granted all requests made by Mrs. Martin so that she could participate in the “Survivor” series. Since Mrs. Martin was on an approved leave, her position was held open for her, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. As a District, we make every effort to support our employees, and will continue to do so.

Nancy T. Lane
Superintendent of Schools"

I don't know if I can post the link, but if you want to see it for yourself on the website, just do a search for the Douglas School District Massachusetts.

Yeah, I'll give James the body, for sure. And at the reunion, he was even acting nice and cute and humble. Just on the show, when I quit looking at him and started listening to what was coming out of his mouth, I didn't like it so much. I think we agree that none of the finalists were awesome, there was no great choice. I just really didn't want Todd!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was really fed up and disappointed with this latest Survivor. I really didn't care for any of the players, and I particularly didn't like Todd. Granted, he played the game to win, but there was just something about him that I didn't like. I didn't like Amanda partly because of walking around with her butt exposed all the time (what was that all about?), and the fact that she always had that doleful "they made me do it" look on her face at the tribal counsels. Denise lost my vote when she refused to vote Todd out when she had the chance, and also trying to play on her "poor me" situation. If she wasn't happy with her "$7 an hour job", then do something about it! James blew it when he was stupid enough not to use the immunity idols. Actually, I kind of liked Eric, he was always very sweet and honest. Courtney? Well, you have to hand it to her, she managed to hang on until the end, who would ever have thought it possible? Maybe SHE should have won?
I do hope the next season is better than this latest one, though. This was the worst.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

I also didn't care a terrible amount for any of the players. I thought Todd played to win, but I don't know that that makes him deserving of the money or not. I think "Survivor" has made for an excellent social experiment. I don't know that I would ever want to be on the show, because it seems to bring out the worst in people. Greed can make you do some pretty nasty things.

My last favorite was Rupert. They need to find another Rupert.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm with you, Kara...I just loved Rupert. I thought it was so funny when he stole everyone's shoes...
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

That was the best, Cat! He was the epitome of a pirate - perfect season for him!

Kara
Old 12-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #9  

Wow, once again I find myself on the outside looking in... not sharing the Rupert love. He was interesting and fun to watch, but if you really paid attention to how he talked to and about the women, it was like they were all cute little girls and he was Daddy Rupert. After a while I just found it really grating and kind of creepy. He was also one of those players who decided he "deserved" to win for some reason (in his case it was because he was a good person, for Todd it was because he was a game mastermind... in his own mind). That always annoys me, because as much as we want to root for a person that we think is good and honorable, or at least edited that way, it's really not what the game is about. Outwit, outlast, outplay - nothing about not lying, not strategizing, being nice. On that game, nobody ever deserves to win, they win by luck, strategy, alliance. The kind of player that starts thinking he deserves it and the others are there to help him get to the end is delusional. And they get so bent out of shape if somebody steps out of line and does something that is in their own interests. At least that part is funny to watch. Gosh, this turned into a rant, didn't it? I think I've been watching too much Survivor...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Schmoodle. I liked Rupert, but I didn't think he was anyone special. Refresh my memory - wasn't he the one who insisted they dig out a shelter against everyone else's protests, and then it filled with water during their first rainstorm? I know I read some bad press about him somewhere, too. I can't remember what it was.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #11  

that's a good question cottage. I remember that underground hut thing, but I can't remember if that was him or not.

I realize, reading back over this thread, that you might get the impression that I dislike all Survivor contestants - not true! This was just an abysmal season. Want some proof? Remember Yul? He of the brain, dorky good looks, and master of game strategy? Just my type! All time best contestant, in my humble opinion. Yau-Man was also fun, although annoying I'm sure if you had to live with him. I'm sure I can think of more, but too tired right now and trying is making my brain hurt.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #12  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

Oh yes, this season was the worst so far. I know I have missed 1 or 2 but I've watched a lot of them. I like Yau-Man but I can see how he would get annoying.

I looked up Rupert on Wikipedia and it was him that had them dig the shelter. I skipped the all-star season, it didn't look interesting
I guess I should have skipped this season too.
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

I lost interest in Yau Man after he made the deal about the car. You can't trust people in that game.

I did also like Yul but he was quieter and less entertaining than Rupert!

Kara