Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Accountability/Planning/Menus: Dec 17-23

Hi, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and more slender bodies
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Purplefirefly - Congrats on your 4 pounds loss!
Rakel - I am praying for both you and John. Financial worries are horrible, but they can be overcome. Sounds like you have some great action plans. I'll be praying that it all comes together for the two of you. And, speaking as a busy Mom of two who never finished her degree, do it if you can! You will have so much more opportunities and the pay is usually better.
Sara - I'm so glad you caught the mistake with your Grandfather's medicine! That is very scarey. I'm glad you're still doing well with avoiding the sugar despite all of this stress you've been under.

Whew...made it through the weekend. Weekends are tough. It is so much easier to stay on-plan during the week while Hubby and I are working and the kids are in school. Of course, this week will not be a typical week at all. I'm on vacation starting Wednesday. I'm going to do my best to have a loss for next Monday's weigh-in despite the random schedule I'll be following. Speaking of losses...today is weigh-in day for me and I lost 3.2 pounds! This is my first loss in 7 weeks and I'm psyched to do it again..and again...and again.

Today's plan - Three meals and three snacks...all on-plan. And, start drinking more water. Today, I will drink 4 glasses.

Today's menu-
Breakfast - steelcut oatmeal and two slices of turkey bacon
Snack - celery & peanut butter
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup with slice of German dark wheat bread
Snack - smoothie
Dinner - leftover steak with steamed veggies

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-17-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

-meditation, water, journal food, stretches
-today I take Mom to the pain doctor to get a treatment (shot) for her neck and back pain
-work on Christmas cards
-send out 5 letters
-wrap presents

breakfast - oatmeal, flax, skim milk, ff cottage cheese
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white omlette with light cheese and asparagus, ww toast
snack - crackers and fruit
dinner - french toast, lite sausage, sf sausage
snack - pnb toast, lite cocoa

Rhonda - SO GLAD you finally had the weight loss show up on the scale. Yippee

Sara - Glad you were there for you Grandpa.

Rakel - Hang in there. It will be a struggle - but, something will work out. Carry on the best way you can.

Purple - Wonderful!!!! Four pounds (in december....no less)

I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-17-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks! Sorry I was so scarce over the weekend. I'll have to catch up on the posts later, but for now just wanted to get my plan down for the day.
Rhonda, I'm so happy you had a loss, and such a biggie! I'm sure that is a big shot in the arm! I haven't shown anything for a couple of weeks now.
Morning Beverlyjoy, hope you get your cards done and presents wrapped!

Menu for the day:
B - turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, coffee
S - string cheese, V8
L - broccoli cheese soup, salad
S - clementine, latte
D - cauliflower salad, open faced turkey sandwich with cheese
S - SF hot chocolate

Have a good one chicks to follow!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 AM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I could get used to having Monday's off! I even 'slept in' until 5:30am--yippee!

Rhonda--Yea for getting the cleaning done! I kind of wish I had a reason to get some done here...I really need to do an intense cleaning, but it it going to have to wait until after the holidays now! So not fair that men can lose weight so quickly!!! I never thought of it as a NSV, but you are right! It's kinf of funny, b/c it's the McDonald's right by my gym--yes, I drive by on my way to and from the gym. I do it so often I forget it is there and the grease smell actually turns my stomach sometimes--certainly don't want to blow a good workout on icky food! Hope you were able to get your laundry done...that was one nice thing about being snowed in this weekend....laundry is done and put away! AWESOME 3.2lb loss!!!!!

Sara--Oh my gosh! How scary! You are doing awesome!!!!

Purplefirefly--So sorry you have inlaw issues too! I did let hubby deal w/ his family, it just got to the point that every time the phone would ring I could feel my blood start to boil (after about the 10th phone call!!!) They put their heads together and decided that it would be a good idea for us to leave the dogs home (we had already canceled the kennel), someone would drive down to get us and the *hopefully* be able to drive us back home. Of course lots of drinking usually involved at this party....yea--we said no. It was just wrong on so many levels! I finally told hubby that I was not answering the phone any more if they kept calling! Luckily we were finally ready to leave the house so we did! I turned the ringer off on my cell and off we went! Yikes! I hope you are able to come up w/ something for your son....I am sorry that your hubby doesn't say anything to his mom. Sounds like you did great at the party! Take one thing at a time this week (easy for me to say, I know! Also advice I need to follow myself). We'll be thinking about you too!!! Congrats on the loss!!!

Rakel--I am SO sorry. You can get through this. You and John have each other and your health and really, that is what is important. Ok, so you may have to put your business plans on hold for now, but you will do it!!!

Beverlyjoy--You and I will be wrapping presents together!

Nicole, Cheryl--Hope you are both ok!

I am down two pounds this week, which is good--I didn't get to the gym that much (weather related mostly) and I know that makes a big difference for me. Still a pound is a pound!

Not doing too much today...getting some stuff done around the house. I may venture out into the snow later on, but I haven't decided about that yet!

I'm sure I'll be back later!

Last edited by mj5; 12-17-2007 at 08:41 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Schmoodle--We must have been posting at the same time! Looks like a good plan for today!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everybody.

OK, stop the world, I want to slow down! The last few days have been absolute madness, and I don't see when I'm going to have any time to myself before I head to my parents on Friday.

Today we've got secret santa at work, so I need to go and wrap the present and get organised for work. Then tomorrow I've got a Christmas function and the same on Thursday. Still trying to figure out where the Thursday one came from! Then I have to be in town at 7am on Friday to catch the bus home. I have got masses of laundry to do, and I'm just not sure when I'm going to have the time.

In terms of weight, I seem to be maintaining which is good - bouncing between 245 - 248. If I can be in that area after Christmas day I'll be happy.

I'll try and catch up with everyone tomorrow - I really have to fly!

Take care all
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #8  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

WAY TO GO RHONDA!

My random schedule right now is killing me. Since I don't have to wake up at 5:15 for class anymore, my body wants to sleep until 11, and it throws me off. I'm fighting off the "nothing else to do, so why not eat?" mentality right now.

I have my niece again today, and she's still trying to decide what she wants for lunch. Hot dog casserole seems to be the consensus right now, even though I really don't want to make it. It's not exactly very good for you, although it is quite tasty. Maybe I can persuade her to eat some chicken or some soup. Hah, yeah, right.

We were going to go to the park today, but it's so friggin' cold and windy outside that I don't want to drag myself out in it, much less a 3 year old with a horrid immune system. So right now, I'm listening to her chasing my dogs around the house endlessly.

Rakel--I'm praying for you!
Nicolen--Way to go on maintaining!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #9  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Rhonda -- thanks for your prayers and advice! I'm thinking I might start working on a degree once I get a job, I'm hoping that maybe I can get an employeer that will help play for it, which would make it easier. I could take some classes online and some evening classes after work, probably. I'll definitely look into it and see if I can swing it, but just depends.

Thanks for your prayers Sara!

I have one interview lined up, a meeting with an placement/staffing company of some sorts (?) tomorrow, and I was supposed to set up an interview with a guy today but when I called I got his voicemail. So there are some leads, we'll just see how long we'll have to hold out.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #10  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Rakel--there are quite a few employers out there who are offering tuition reimbursement if you go into a field like management or business, or other things applicable to your job. It's always worth looking into!

Everything will work out. You just have to have faith, and keep your head up. We're all pulling for you!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - today is my bloodwork for my cholesterol, triglycerides, sugar etc. I've worked very, very hard these past three monthes- lost about 30 pounds. I feel confident that these numbers will be better.

My back is still hurting. I hope the doctor has some magic for it. It's hard to slow down this time of the year.

These are my plans for the day:

you can try to do."

- stretch, ice & heat, journal food, meditate
- work on xmas cards to friends and clients
- doctor's appointment
- storytelling this afternoon with a senior group

food -

breakfast - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk, ff cottage cheese
snack - carrots
lunch - HC mac and cheese, cawliflower
snack - yogurt & flax, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lf cheese on a lite wheat bun, beets
snack - peanut butter toast, hot cocoa

It hurts to sit at the computer - so, I'll leave ya all for now.

Make it a GREAT and healthy day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-18-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I don't really wanna talk about yesterday I was having intense sugar cravings all day, then hubby got very very GRUMPY about 9PM and I caved to the cheese balls and a meatball lean pocket Not a full out binge, but enough to be over calories and disgusted at myself.

Remember, he was diagnosed diabetic two weeks ago so is off all sugar and "white stuff." He has gone around like it was no big deal, he gave it all up and didn't miss it, no cravings, and I was thinking how can it be so easy for him? Then last night it just hit him, he was in the garage chain smoking, staring at the table, complaining he just had to starve, there was nothing for him to eat. We just went to the store yesterday, but he wanted nothing we had, said he's been eating the same things for 2 weeks and he'd rather die. He kept telling me to leave him alone, which is not like him, and I wanted to feed him so finally got my shoes on to head to the store to get whatever he wanted, when he shouted "LEAVE ME ALONE." So i had an off plan snack and went to cry in the bathtub.

It's just SO hard to watch him like that, knowing it's the same thing I go through with sugar. At one point I asked if it was his evening ice cream he was wanting and he thought for second and said "no, I don't want ice cream" so I said "What do you want?" and he said "I don't know! Just everything I can't have, nothing in particular!" Oh yeah, sugar detox is horrible and it has hit him. He left out for work again last night so I won't see him until end of the week and I hope he is better because he drives me to binge...I don't know if this works us both going through it at the same time

Good thing is it' happened on Monday so I figured the extra calories and subtracted them out of the rest of the week calories. it can't happen again!!!! I can't exercise as much this week, so it just can't happen anymore.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

Good morning, 3FC Friends! Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. Nicole, hope you are staying cool!

MJ - Congrats on your 2 pound loss!
Nicole - Sounds like you do have a very full and busy schedule. Congratulations on maintaining. Sounds like you are doing great.
Sara - How did dinner go with your niece?
Rakel - Hope your interview goes well today.
Beverlyjoy - I can't wait to hear about your test results! Hope the doctor can help you with your back.
Purple - We sure know what its like to have to tell ourselves 'no' with our usual foods. Changing our eating habits is very very difficult. Hope your Hubby adjusts soon. I love ice cream and, each evening, I usually have 1/2 cup of sugar-free Eddy's Butter Pecan. There are a lot of yummy sugar free desserts on the market. Maybe he'd like to try one of these?
Schmoodle - How are you today?

I stayed on-plan yesterday... until Hubby brought home some Tiramisu as a treat for me. He told me "you can eat just one piece and give the remainder to J." Sigh....he's just not getting it! The remainder might not still be here when J gets home. It depends on how badly it calls to me today...I may need to throw the remainder in the trash. I hope Hubby understands. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. Hubby brought me a dozen pink roses and we're going out for a steak dinner tonight. I don't think I'm going to stay on-plan tonight, so I'll be extra good all day today to make up for it.

Today's plan - Two on-plan small meals and two on-plan small snacks. And, try to drink tons of water. I forgot to drink it yesterday. Drinking water just feels so unnatural to me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy anniversary Rhonda!
Purple, sorry your DH is having a rough time! My DH is diabetic also, diagnosed a couple of years ago. He is thin though, so weight wasn't an issue, and he's never been much of a sweets eater. But he loves starchy stuff, pasta, bread, etc. I've been on South Beach, and he eats what I cook, and it's been great for leveling his blood sugar. He is on oral meds, and we want to keep away from the insulin if possible. My DH just had a rough time with the concept of having to be on medication. I think it made him feel old. Anyway, I cook lots of stuff he likes, just without the starches, and he seems to have adjusted fine. He always did love veggies, and he loves getting a home cooked meal every night. By the way, on Friday I tried the Turkey Hill sugar free ice cream in peanut brittle flavor - it was sooo good. There are other flavors too, so maybe he doesn't have to give up everything, if you guys can find acceptable substitutes. Hope he is feeling better today.
Good morning beverlyjoy!

I've had to adapt my plan this week, since my refrigerator is broken and I'm trying to use up everything I can before it goes bad. The repairman comes tomorrow, and I really hope it isn't anything fatal. The stupid thing is only a year old (make that a year and three weeks, just long enough for the warranty to expire!).
Today:
B - hard boiled egg, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee
S - V8, string cheese
L - office party, need to check out the restaurant menu
D - tomato/eggplant bake, salad
S - yogurt with agave and almonds
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Sebas--it wasn't the ice cream, he just was in sugar withdraw, I can't explain it, it's like you want something but you don't know what specifically, and you feel like you can't have anything. So hard to explain, but I know what he was going through, it's so hard. Just weird it took him 2 weeks to finally have a hard moment, it was so easy up until that point.

Schmoodle--I used to do SB and really loved it, and a lot of how I eat now was inspired from that, and how he is eating now is similar, but he doesn't like most veggies. We have come up with substitutes for his nachos and a few other things, and have spent almost $300 in groceries just for him in 2 weeks, trying out all different SF products, some he likes and others are just so horrible tasting or no taste at all. Some things have no sugar, but have sugar alcohols (some a LOT), and we were told he should only use those for special occaisons, and not eat the sugar alcohol all the time we are not sure what it is, or how it's different from suagar. I had tons of stuff to cook for him last night, but he didn't want any of it.

I got through my son's birthday party at preschool and have 45 minutes before I pick him up and head to daughter's Christmas party at the elementary school. I am so exhausted already, but we have such a full week I can't even think about resting yet. Laundry is piling up and the house is a MESS...maybe January is for cleaning?
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote