Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Dec. 17 - Dec. 23 Friends and Losers Thread

UP and At 'em ladies...

The start of a new week with some new challenges...

This is my first time to start this thread for real!! (yay me)

Liza... It warms my heart anytime I read or hear someone comment positively about our firefighters and the work we did out there in California.. Thank you!!!

Just an editorial comment - Does anyone find it really funny, or maybe more appropriately, offensive, that we have a huge "PURE WL" add here in our forum and that if you click it, it takes you through the sign up process as if they weren't about to completely collapse?

Anyway, Have a great week.. Let's focus on being POP as we build up to the holiday!!!

Be one with your POP!!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 12-17-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #2  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Haven't been posting much and have been on plan even less Doing okay today though. I've decided that during the holidays I need to take every meal as one small victory and if I manage to stay on plan for an entire day then I've really achieved something.

Sorry to hear about Pure WL for you folks who are with them. Perhaps LA will be back in your market areas?????
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good MOrning all.

I am so sorry for all of you that are losing your centers. Please remember that you have the information that you need to make this work and with a little support from this site you can reach your goal.

I sent Suzanne a PM asking about removing the add Dan. I think it is a slap in the face also for those that have lost money to see it here.

Last edited by aguerin; 12-17-2007 at 09:51 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Good idea Amy.. I guess I should have thought of that... But at the same time, if it's a paid ad, there may not be much they can do about it...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all! Well while I did well this weekend with the diet I still gained 4 lbs back. I'm sure some of that is water weight as I haven't taken my pills in 2 days because of the schedule I was keeping. I'm hoping all 4 lbs is water though because I really didn't do badly this weekend.

I had the meeting with the trainer and the funny thing is he STILL DIDN'T SHOW MY ANY MACHINES. He showed me how to use the ball, he showed me how to use the stretch bands, he showed me some crunches using the floor mats. Every exercise he showed me I can do at home. I guess he's trying to tell me I don't need to spend the money for they gym membership! I still have the guest pass and will get my son's friend in there with me but what he did show me will work for now. What little I did made me sore so it obviously worked something!

Back to it today. I took my pills so we'll see tomorrow where I stand on the weight and I'm going to go back thru my journal and see if anything jumps out at me that was bad. Have a great POP day.

OH I finally bought some pants that fit and guess what...they are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing. WOOHOO AND I found a shirt 2 sizes smaller than when I started.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #6  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Dan: I was thinking this forum could stick it to them like they have our friends on here. So what if they have paid for it! What goes around should come around. LOL
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. lots of stuff going on for me right now. dh is coming home tomorrow. i'm so excited! i'm pretty much done packing stuff right now. with the exception of a few clothes, the computers, and some cooking stuff.
i got off work early today--1015am and work til 1145am tomorrow. then i'm off til friday and then i work xmas eve and day and the it's moving day. yikes. it's so bittersweet for me because i know that i need to get back to the kids, but i love it here so much and have to leave many great friends behind. it sucks.
but the good news is--i've still been losing. lost another pound today and am almost done with the 200's. i can hardly believe it. i've been in the 200's for about 7yrs. mostly the high 200's and when i was pregnant with both kids i was in the low 300's. yikes. so i've come along way and i'm quite pleased. and my leftover weeks will be transferred to my new COD. and actually i haven't been going to the COD as often as i normally do and i'm doing just fine on my own...which is a first for me. but something is different this time around (3rd time around)..i just have the determination and the obsessiveness i guess. and the fact that i look so great, that i don't want to stop!

anyways, i have some errands to run and then i'm off to do something with a friend today.

i'll check back later. have a good day!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #8  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Good morning all,

I am getting ready to go WI. I had a good weekend. I even went to a birthday party yesterday that I had to make the cake for and stayed POP. I tell you on top of it being the holiday season we have 4 birthdays in my immediate family. The birthday's start tomorrow with me and then we have one everyday through Thursday. I have already told my family no cake for me. I have asked for a new scale and steamer and I am getting both of them for my birthday. I am so excited. I know I am not supposed to know my presents until tomorrow but I couldn't help it so I dug it out of them.

Katy- You will do just fine. And you are right sometimes each meal is a victory if you stay POP.

Shannon- Don't be a slave to the scale. Your weight will vary but you will loose if you stick to the plan.

I am off to WI. I will check in later and let ya'll know how I did.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #9  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Mornin guys! I'm headed off to work, but wanted to stop in and say hi!

Shannon-I'm sure the 4lbs will even themselves out. Regardless of what the scale says, take major pride in the fact that you are buying clothes 2 sizes smaller!?! WOW! Doesn't that feel good?

Jillian-congrats on your losses since all of this stress kicked in. Have a wonderful time with DH! I can't believe you move so soon. Lots of changes!

Amy- let us know what they say about your complaint!

Morning Dan!

Where is Felicia lately?
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #10  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Ferrari-I was posting at the same time! Hope it's good news at w/i!

And I forgot to say hi to Katy! I've missed ya! I agree-it's a tough time to be obssessing about being on plan. I'm trying to lose and be good now so I can relax on xmas. You are so close to being in onederland!! Keep us posted!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #11  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

amy--i love the new pic! you look amazing!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #12  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Jillian - WTG on the weight. Tell me what onederland is like, it's been so long I've forgotten. I can hear it calling my name though.... Glad dh is coming home. Congrats!

Amylou - it feels WONDERFUL. although wearing clothes that fit is going to take some getting used to! I've been swimming around in those old pants since May. I'm not sure I like the feeling of things actually touching my skin though!! I'm sure I'll get over it.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #13  
Amy

Jillian- congrats on the loss! I am so motivated, I can hear onederland calling me too! I cannot wait! I am so happy your DH is coming home tomorrow! I get to see my BF only on weekends, so I can kind of understand....

Well, I just finished one final, which was two essays. Honestly, it wasn't enough time. ARGH! I think essays are harder too... Oh well, it's DONE! Three classes down now!

I have to go to unemployment today to get a waiver for my spring tuition. Hopefully.

Good luck to all, stay POP! Oh, and Christmas is a week from tomorrow!!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #14  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Dan - glad your party went well. Sound like you had a great time! With a lot of good company!
Amy - What a good deal on the scale! Sounds like you have pulled your self right back into the routine! Glad you didn't let the COD closing get you down!
Dionne - WTG on staying on plan! What great birthday presents! Hope you have a great birthday!
Shannon- Congrats on the new size! That feels great!
Amylou- Like the new pic! What a cute pup!
Well as for me I definately did not have a POP weekend. Too much temptation. I stayed as close as possible and just a had a bite hear and there of the bad stuff. I haven't WI since Thursday, I am scared! Ha ha!
Have a great POP day!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Shannon, My weight always blips up when I start working out. It is always water that comes back off in a bit. Hey even if it is stuff you can do at home, going to the gym gives me the focus to do it. At home I get too distracted by all sorts of other things. Great that you bought some clothes that fit. I found that those were the times when other people noticed I had lost weight.

Jillian, How exciting. To be getting almost to onederland and having your DH back home. Finally some things to smile big about.

I had not the best weekend eating wise. Not horrible... but Friday night I sent my DH to get dinner on his way home from work (all I said is I wanted a hamburger, which you'd think he'd know by now that means just the hamburger, but no, he got fries and a shake) so it was there so I ate it and so I felt guilty the rest of the weekend for doing so. So I'm going to try to eat light for a few days here.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote