South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Chatterings

It's going to be a bad hair Monday around these parts, what with this gusty wind! We've been losing power off and on all night, but thank goodness it only lasts for a few minutes before it pops back on. It's driving me crazy, though, going around resetting all the clocks!
We had a nice time at our Christmas party yesterday, and I did pretty well as far as eating goes. I did indulge in one drink, a Hypnotic, but I nursed it all afternoon.
So this morning, I'm off to the mall for one last shopping. Jake and I agreed not to get each other anything, but there's a big box under the tree with my name on it, so now I have to find something for him. I have a few things in mind, so it shouldn't take too long. It's my late night at work, so the girls and I are going to see if we have time to bake some cookies before Audrey's piano lessons.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from snowbound Ontario!

I am completely snowed in with drifts blocking three of my outside doors. Poor Hershey really had a hard time out there this morning as the snow is up to her neck. (I did some shoveling last night but it's drifted in.) It's still dark out there but I'll have to go out there once it brightens up. More snow is predicted and it's still not officially winter until the 21st.

No gym this morning. Our road isn't even ploughed yet. I imagine the workers will have to get there by snowmobile! My lane won't be done until late today so I'll be pretty much housebound today.

Stay safe and warm if you are caught in this.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 AM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning, Ruth and Cottage.. Been a while. It took me 6 months to shed 80 lbs, and 16 to get it back.. ughhh.. I am doing some soul searching, and trying to find out what it is about me and my obsession with food.. I quit smoking after 20 yrs 2 months ago..Now I think if I can kick that Habit, surely I can find someway of the food habit.. Take Care..

Last edited by MsCrockett; 12-17-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:48 AM   #4  

Brrrrr, Ruth! Just reading your post makes me want to crawl under the covers! How much snow do you have so far? Make sure you take your own advice and stay safe and warm!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #5  

Hey, MsCrockett, welcome back! I've often wondered whatever became of you, it's so nice to see you again!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all-
I'm putting off going outside to shovel. If there's one thing I hate it's overnight snow that forces me to shovel before the coffee has even hit my brain! I don't know how bad the car is but the banks on the side of the driveway are might high. Sure looks like more than the 4-8" predicted!

Ruth - I certainly think shoveling should count as exercise! I had a friend who lived in the worst lake effect belt near Lake Ontario and they sometimes had to climb out their window to get out! Sounds like you're not too far from that. Do what you can and take breaks when you need them. Can you get away with taking all day to clear out if you need to? Good luck!

Cottage - Congratulations on making it through the party successfully! Maybe the stores will be quiet with everyone at work I don't know how I managed the holidays before Amazon, I hate crowds.

Crock - Way to go on the smoking! I quit 11+ years ago after 20 years and hope to lose the last of the weight I gained by the end of the year. I've never regretted quitting, wish I'd done it sooner. It might take a little time to seriously diet, quitting takes a lot of focus. If you can get through 6 months without gaining weight I think you've done really well.

Okay, it's getting light out and I just need to get myself out there.

Cyndi
Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #7  

Morning Chicadees!

Cottage: BRAVO on getting through the party unscathed !

Ruth: Stay warm and safe! It actually sounds kinda romantic being snowbound...

Crokett: Welcome back doll. Congrats on quitting smoking and glad yer back!

Cyndi -- OY shovelin before cawfee??? Gotta say I dont miss my snow shovelin days!

We managed to get most everything unpacked ... finally! It's starting to look a bit more homey but I certainly dont have near the amount knic knacks and chachkah to fill this place!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... I was away this week end for a girls night out christmas party... drank to much ate too much but had a ton of fun with my high school friends.... we too had a storm but not to to bad although there is no school today... so the wee ones and my girlys are laying all over the living room with blankets and pillows watching christmas shows. Pretty cute. Of course they are getting excited about christmas. I have to get a tree today and that will make me and my girls happy. Well I have to dash a dozen things to do today. Have a great one.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I certainly don't envy all you snow bound chickens!! I don't think I have to fortitude to face that every winter! It is 28 here right now and that is cold enough for me without being stuck shoveling wet stuff. ick!! Hope you can all hit the roads again soon.

I spent my weekend hunched over this computer working on 2 flash files and now feel like Old Mother Hubbard...but at least I can start the week without that hanging over my head.

I bought some almond meal the other day and want to try "oven frying" some chicken today. Will let you know how it turns out and it better be good...that stuff is EXPENSIVE.

My daughter called me from the set of the movie yesterday (well actually from the parking lot, she was early) and was all exited. Seems that she will either be in an "audience" at a book signing, or she will be an employee of the book store. The scene is at a bookstore for the signing of "Carrie's" new book. I haven't heard from her since then, and can't wait to here how it went.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-17-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning

As I had feared the scale is being obstinent. After being down one to two pounds all week on official weigh in day I'm down nothing. I'm thinking of choosing a new weigh in day because Mondays can be stressful enough on their own.

Cottage Good luck at the mall today. Hopefully with the windy weather and the fact that it's Monday, the crowds won't be too bad.

Ruth Stay warm and safe. I agree that shoveling should count as exercise and it sounds like you'll be getting plenty today without going near a gym.

MsCrockett Congratulations on being able to quit smoking. I'm sure you can do this.

Cyndi Stay warm and good luck with the shoveling.

Schatzi Congratulations on the unpacking finale. Now it sounds like knick knack shopping is in order.

LC & femme

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like it's stopped blowing finally! I need to venture out and see what the damage is to the Chrismas decor and roof slates. We always lose a couple in a big wind. Lots of folks around here without power, but we didn't lose ours. I'm not ready to face a Monday AM, but then I haven't had my coffee yet! I think DD is coming home today - if so, I'll put her to work wrapping presents for me.
cottage, do tell, what's a hypnotic?
Ruth, if I were you, I'd just stay inside and admire the view!
Good morning MsCrockett, and very pleased to make your acquaintance!
Poor Cyndi, I am shivering in sympathy!
Schatz, I've got plenty of knicknacks to spare for you! The women in my family seem to have some kind of knicknack disease. At least I'm not as bad as my mother and grandmother. Too much work to dust all that stuff! If I were you, I'd stick with the uncluttered look!

Off to phone the refrigerator repairman. Have a good one chicks!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Darn simulposting again!
Cat, that's exciting about your daughter! Be sure to let us know where to watch for her. I've got some almond meal in the freezer, but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet. Please let us know about the chicken.
Thinby, sorry about your scale. I think they are on strike or something. I'm not looking forward to my next weigh in. Since I'm just trying to maintain this month, ahem, I'm thinking about not weighing again until January.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoo, what happened to your refrigerator??????? Hope it gets fixed soon!

Dawn, I'm so sorry. My scale must've given yours The Bug. We need to find an antidote...quick-like!

Cat, it sounds like your daughter is making the most of her time out west. You'll have to let us know exactly what scenes she's in when the movie comes out!

LC, I do hope they have Charlie Brown on. I so wanted to watch it but haven't seen it yet this year. It's my favorite!

Schatzi, you'll have to get some local specialties to fill in your empty spaces atop the tables and cabinets! We've got all kinds of crazy things from our travels and it's fun to remember the stories that go with them.

Cyndi, hope you got yourself shovelled out without too much trouble.

Crock, glad to "meet" you! Settle back in and rejoin the fun!

Ruth, don't get buried in the snow! Sounds like a good day for a nice read by the fire.

Linda, good luck shopping! I have to get something else for Tom and I'm at a loss...

I just got back from the gym and I'm feeling good, on my endorphin high. Had a go at the elliptical and got to watch the end of Survivor while I was at it, so it was a pleasant exercise session that went quickly. Tomorrow I have to go down to the hospital and see if they got my medical records yet (that I sent for a month and a half ago). If not, I have to go to the doctor on Wednesday, which I really don't want to do. I hate going when I'm sick, let alone when I'm well and have no reason to be there. Blech. So cross your fingers that my records came in and I can skip the appointment!

Off to bed with my shrinking self (despite what the scale says - now I'm going with The Power of Positive Thought!).

Kara
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Wow, what a storm! We need a wind-tossed smilie like this:

It's really chirpy in here today!

Cottage, it must be frustrating to have DH go back on your agreement. Glad you have some things in mind.

Ruth, you poor dear! We got some snow, but nothing like the 10-12" they promised. You and Hersh must just want to hibernate until spring! Hope you don't have to shovel too much...it can be exhausting!

back, Ms.Crockett! Glad to see you, but sorry about the weight returning. I'm sure if you can beat smoking (yay, you! ), you can figure the food issues out!

Cyndi, shoveling DEFINITELY counts as exercise! Depending on how much you do, it can count as cardio and strength training! If you got the icy sleet stuff we got before the real snow hit, it's extra heavy to shovel, so you burn lots o' calories!

Oooh, Schatzi, nothing like a reason to buy more knick-knacks and chatchkes! Congrats on feeling "moved in" to your new home!

Wow, LC! We got a snow day on Thursday, but everything was cleared out by this morning from the weekend's storm. Enjoy the snow day and the tree!

Cat, I would hate for it to be that cold (28?!!!) and not have the chance of getting snow. IMHO, if it's gonna get cold, we deserve snow to make everything pretty and cozy and quiet. Sounds like your daughter is filming Sex & The City...what's up?

Hey, ThinbyJune! I weigh myself everyday for that very reason...my weight can fluctuate so much that I'll either become needlessly upset or undeservedly excited if I just weighed once a week. I know everyone says that's better for your diet (once a week), but it just doesn't work for me. Choosing a different day sounds smart!

Schmoodle--I have the knick-knack disease too. Sadly, I'm also a hoarder, so you can imagine the clutter! I solve the whole dusting delimma by not dusting!

Me:
Our party this weekend went beautifully! My plans helped a lot and I was able to enjoy myself on Saturday morning and take a walk with DH and the dog, enjoy decorating the front walk (we use luminarias), etc. I was so busy during the party (and before), that I didn't eat much at all.

Not much else to report. Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Last edited by beachgal; 12-17-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Hey, Kara! Good luck with the records!
Closed Thread