View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #10
Lekhika
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey, not a normal poster here but thought I would jump in. First I want to commend you on beginning this weight loss journey and wish you nothing but ultimate success! Stick to it...the results are so worth it.

My level of "outgoingness" was never affected by my weight because I never let myself really see how fat I'd gotten. And we have our set group of friends so I never got those stares when I was corpulent. Now, like with Mandalinn, esp in my family they'll just bring up my previous weight and it'll be open for discussion. Some days I relish those discussions because most are tinged with amazement that I did it all by myself by eating better and exercising.

I do believe though that my willingness to meet new people and feel comfortablle in new situations has totally been made easier by not being a chunk monster. I feel self contained confidence. I think what the regular exercise does is it makes one feel power, "If I can do this I can deal with anything." kind of feeling. It really rocks. And this is better than any compliment I've EVER gotten. EVER.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote