Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  
I'm going to do it!!!!

S/C/G: 233/233/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Jamie's Journal! Fat2Fit!!!

Hi, my name is Jamie, I have been a lurker since September. Until now!

Here's my story. I just turned 27, married my highschool sweetheart, and have one beautiful adopted daughter. Depression was a major part of my weight gain, at 18 I had my cervix frozen and after the fact, DR tells me it will lesson my chances of ever becomming PG, well, being young, and having a strong desire to settle down and have children, this hurt. My hubby and I finally got together about 8 months later, got engaged, and started trying to concieve. After a year of nothing happening, the realization set in, and so did the depression. I locked myself away mentally and emotionally, tried to put on a happy face for the sake of others, nad the pounds packed on. I went from 125lbs to 195lbs in about 2 years!!! And have been since. I am now at my highest weight of 235lbs (YUK!). I have ben trying off and on to lose the weight, but I have no will power, no confidence, no determination, until now. I recently (Saturday) went to DH's Christmas party, couldn't find anything to wear, found an awesome dress (finally), and was miserable in it b/c of my weight! My profile pic is at the moment I decided it was time for a change. Besides, my 10yr reunion is in June! I look forward to logging in and reading the stories of ppl who have lost the weight, made the changes, and found their support stone. I am looking forward to dropping at least 100lbs. My goal for June is somewhere around 60, somewhat realistic, right?? I am terrible for setting goals, I seem to think I am gonna wake up and be thin! Don't we all wish!! Anyway, thankss for taking time to read, I am open to all advice, criticisms, support, help!!
[/COLOR]
KiraNichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #2  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

This is an awesome forum. everyone is so supportive through good times and bad. I know how you feel. I have a beautiful 12 year old step daughter and my husband and I have a 6 year old together. I have been trying for 5 years to have another baby. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which causes infertility. The dr told me that I need to lose weight. SO that is why I am here. Good luck.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #3  
active kids, active mom

Welcome Jamie. You've found a great place to be for this journey!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jamie! No criticism for you here...just tons of support and advice when you want it!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

to 3fc. This is a great site for information and support that you may need along the way. I have never stuck to my change in diet until I came on here I use the boards frequently and use them to keep me on track.

Good luck on your weight loss journey and reaching your goals along the way.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I look forward to getting to know you Please post often. This is such a great place for advice and support. We are glad you decided to de-lurk
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Jamie - It's great to have you here! Congratulations on making a decision that will benefit you and your family. As Rhonda said, we're all about support and advice. You fill find plenty of criticism elsewhere.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #8  
I'm going to do it!!!!

Thanks so much ladies!!! I plan on sticking to this! Any good/healthy recipies out there?? My downfall is being from Louisiana, we are used to eating VERY rich and seasoned foods, so most lowfat stuff is very bland! What types of foods do u eat? What types of exercises?? I have the Slim n 6 series, just have to get into doing it. Whats a good route to go? I can't completely give up carbs, so that route doesn't work for me, and I want something I can continue with, not do and lose weight, then go back, and gain it all agaain...

I'm thinking of calorie counting, that seems kinda workable, since you can still eat food, just watching WHAT and HOW MUCH you eat. I think I'm going visit the calorie counting side, get some info on it. Thanks so much again!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #9  
I'm going to do it!!!!

Well, I am down by 2 today!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #10  
I'm going to do it!!!!

Hi all, um, is a goal of 10-12lbs / month pretty doable? I don't want to 'over' estimate, but I want something to work for. So far just getting into the hang of all this for Week 1. Not doing much of anything except tracking food, still trying to get a hang on the whole calorie counting, especially when everything is home made, thats a lot of tracking it all!!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #11  
I'm going to do it!!!!

Last week I was down by 3!!! So far, doesn't look, or feel like I have gained any of it back, so I will see tomorrow!!! My sis had a lot of junk spread out for Christms, but I snacked on carrots and ranch, lite ranch. I am determined to do this! I have even passed up shopping, I want to save it and wait until I am down a size r 2, and can enjoy shoping!! I know u all have been busy with the holidays, hope u had a Wonderful Christmas!!!!