South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #1  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Bad Day- Fell off the Wagon- Help!

I had a terrible day today and fell off the wagon and ate some ice cream! How do I get back on track???? I've been so good and haven't cheated at all! I'm scared I might get cravings now- I'm only 9 days into phase 2- should I go back to phase 1 now or can I just be good from now on and stay in phase 2? Not sure what to do.....
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Don't panic! Just get right back on track and you should be ok. It's not really necessary to go back to Phase 1 unless you start having bad cravings. The most important thing is to not let your little cheat lead you to other temptations. Just put it behind you as if it never happened, and continue on with Phase 2.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Don't obsess or beat yourself up or feel bad, but do take a minute to think WHY you ate the ice cream. Was it a social situation? Was it just sitting in the freezer and you couldn't resist? Were you hungry? Was your planned snack unappealing, did you have a planned snack?

Answering these questions have helped me do better in future situations! You are only on Day 9 of phase 2, your life is going to be filled with challenges/tempations, some you will "win" some you will "fail" but you just have to keep going. Every food experience is a good learning experience!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good advice so far! I just wanted to add my encouragement - hop back on and make good choices for the rest of the day. You'll feel good about yourself for getting past it.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #5  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! It makes me feel better to know that I have others helping me with this lifestyle change I'm trying to make. It helps to have this board to vent and ask my questions. Thanks to all of you for being there for me today! Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully back on the beach!
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

DEFINITELY back on the Beach, not "hopefully"!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

You will be right back on tomorrow. I know what you mean. I feel stronger knowing there are people here who have been through it before (no matter what "it" is) and are still sticking with it and succeeding. It reminds me I can do it too.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:12 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yep, just hop back on the wagon and carry on!

Think about it...was the ice cream really all you hoped it would be? I now find that when I take a bite of something I thought I really missed, that it really is not all that great. Usually not the orgasmic experience I thought it would be. If so, then the next time you are tempted by something, think back on how it really wasn't so wonderful as you imagined and that makes it much easier to say no next time.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-14-2007 at 05:13 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #9  

Pick yer self up and dust yer self off, and roll back on yer beach towel! We've all been there -done that sweetie Like these wise chicks say, move on... and next time you get the urge to splurge on ice cream, think back on if it was really worth it!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote