Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #1  
Amy

Angry Center Closings!

Well guys, it's official and it REALLY SUCKS! This is literally the second worst thing to happen to me. I recently had my identity stolen through SPrint, now this!

We need to think of ways to keep on going! I think we should set up support groups and meet weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, WHATEVER to keep us all POP!

Let me know what you think!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Amy.. We have the way to keep going... We are our own best support system.. I've learned so much from you all.. More than Liz and I did from our counselors in some instances...

It's a question of committing ourselves to doing it on-line and thinking about all the facets of what happens when we do our WIs... If we can duplicate those facets here (and figure out some way to do accurate tape measurements), we can make it work...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #3  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Dan I just wanted to say that you are soo supportive everyone here is so lucky to have such a wonderful positive person to interact with! : ) Thank you for being you! You are appreciated!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #4  
Amy

Thanks Dan, I know you understand the feeling!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #5  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Amy where in VA are you moving to? A lot of the WL centers around here are still LAWL.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Amy- I'm with ya. Mine is done as of Friday. Basically, I am thankful for the LA at home option bc I just got most of by bars shipped to me with no extra charge. I ordered a bunch bc I'm not sure how long that will exist.

I hate to say it...but the counselor I spoke with implied that LAWL will gradually be closing over the next 6 weeks all over the country....so everyone beware! If your hours have been cut or there are huge discounts being offered you are probably about a month away.....

it is such a bummer. The official w/i is what made this feel like I had someone to report to. I'm chosing Tues/Thurs/Sat as my w/i days. I will report on here-we can start a W/I thread....just to post our own number and changes...
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #7  
Amy

Sounds good! I will be glad to report in. I need to go get an official scale now!

Hmm, guess I need to ask for a scale for Christmas, HOW depressing.

"honey, in place of the iPod, please get me a scale!"
Old 12-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #8  
Amy

Kimberly-

We're looking to move to Charlottesville, closest I saw was Fredricksburg?

He's originally from Waynesboro.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Amy- I'm with ya. Mine is done as of Friday. Basically, I am thankful for the LA at home option bc I just got most of by bars shipped to me with no extra charge. I ordered a bunch bc I'm not sure how long that will exist.

I hate to say it...but the counselor I spoke with implied that LAWL will gradually be closing over the next 6 weeks all over the country....so everyone beware! If your hours have been cut or there are huge discounts being offered you are probably about a month away.....

it is such a bummer. The official w/i is what made this feel like I had someone to report to. I'm chosing Tues/Thurs/Sat as my w/i days. I will report on here-we can start a W/I thread....just to post our own number and changes...

Good suggestion about the WI thread.. Perhaps it should be started each week anew, just like the Losers and Friends forum... My WI days were Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday... So that's when I'd check in, I guess... Then again, since I'm into maintaining right now, I guess I could get away with once.. Probably would be better for my sanity, anyway...

Cecil.. Thanks for the kind words... The support I give here is a direct result of the support Liz and I got when we joined up... I can't keep my big mouth shut!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #10  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

I havent been on here in a LONG time but I called the customer service number on the website and she said that ALL centers are closing and the at home website is going to be gone too and she advised me to cancel the at home before it charged my debit card again so....I went to the at home site and logged in and it would not let me access thw "my account" page or the page where you buy things sooooo I tried calling back but they were closed so I emailed and told them to cancel me right away and explained what the lady told me and told them I couldnrt access that page sooooooo does anyone know if I can call my bank and cancel that automatic charge (14.95)each month thats going to them????

Last edited by angelica1674; 12-14-2007 at 05:22 PM.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #11  

I think your best bet is to cancel it through your bank, angelica. Other posts have said that the website is going down 1/4/08. Good luck. (I paid for a year.)
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: From 335-210 currently

Height: 5' 2"

The message board moderator posted that the site will be taken down this week. We were advised to exchange our info with our friends and print whatever recipes we needed.
Losing200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #13  

I paid for 2 years for the website!!!! How depressing!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

So why in the heck is there STILL a banner ad to the right ----->>>
advertising Pure At Home, online weight loss? Man........
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default My center is closing

Well, my center is closing now. I figured they would. They said I would be signed up for LAWL At Home where I weigh in at home and receive thrice weekly phone counseling. Could not be worse than the children currently counseling me.
Frankly, I have not been impressed with the counselors at my COD and this forum has been far more help toward my goal. (ignore the fact that I have not dropped any weight this month. I feel great and happy to be trying)
I am glad i opted not to buy products. I was kinda uncomfortable using prepackaged food as a crutch to lose weight plus I have issues with the chemicals in many processed foods.
I do like the Luna bars and have been using one a day to fill in gaps and satisfy a sweet tooth.
I just hate that the *******s have my money and because of bad management they get to keep it! I guess I just have to show them by becoming svelte and lovely!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote