Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Weight Loss and Chitchat #280

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Here you go, ladies. I'll bbl.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Ill BBL also..Just wanted to say I got in a 2 miler again today and it is colddddd out there. Would love a little sunshine.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

This will a quick one just to check in. Yes it will be nice when I get the laptop and can check in here more often. But DH said "Don't open the box when it comes, it will go under the tree". I have to wait till Christmas when we open presents. So I will have to come in here to wrtie, but not as often as I will once I get the new laptop.

I think I told y'all about me getting my new book on Intuitive Eating. Agree with most of it but I was eating too much junk for a while there. Read on an IE site that a lot of people can't eat hoping to tire of certain foods. So a lot of them read the books and take what fits them and design their own way of eating and doing thing. They say don't use the scales so much. I know that is a good idea and try, I am addicted to seeing what is going on. Haven't been successful giving them up. I want to make Sunday mornings my weigh in day. I was back up to 225.5 once during the week, but my Sunday morning weigh was 223.5 and I'm kind of staying there. I think that is a 10 lb gain which they say happens some time. I just can't keep gaining so I began reading other ideas of eating. I went to the Whole Foods Lifestyle group on this website and read some of their stuff and decided I want to do IE, but I want to do it healthy so I've settled into what I call WFL/IE. I believe it is very doable for me. Weight may come off slower, but even if I didn't lose but 1 lb a week that would be 50 lbs in a year and almost to goal. I got realistic and decided for my age etc that I was setting my goal too low so upped it 10 lbs to 130. DH always says I would look good at 150 and thinks that would be a good weight, but I think I would rather go down to 130. But we will see when I get to the 150 lbs and then decide. Right now I just want to get a good start and stay with it. So once again, thanks again Jane for telling me about IE.

Well that is all for now. I will check back as soon as I can. Y'all stay dry, warm and happy. Hope all is well with all of you.

Jules - I can't remember. Or we at the point of any day now for that precious GB getting here? Hope you are feeling better.

Trish
Old 12-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

2 weeks left until Teri's due date for little Dominick. That means two weeks until Christmas Eve!! This year has flown by. I am feeling better but still not 100%.

Katie--purple hair....I remember those days......

Trish--good luck with the waiting..sometimes knowing what you are getting is worse

Well hi to everyone else...I can't remember everything everyone posted so I will just say good night!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Oh Jules how sweet. A Christmas eve baby. DH was born on Christmas eve. I have a son whose birthday is the 30th of December. The only thing is trying to always figure out what you give for birthdays. DS always said he knew we were always saving one present for his birthday 5 days later. Since DH birthday is the night before, I'm talking him out to dinner and give him his BD gift then. Sad thing for me is he doesn't care to open presents until the afternoon of Christmas day. I understand he has always done that. Un usual for me who grew up opening presents on Christmas eve and did that with my family and late hubby's family. Oh well.

Hope things go easy for Teri. Dominick is a beautiful name. I know you can hardly wait and I'm equally sure Teri is getting ready for the big event in more ways than one. LOL

Glad you better and get to 100% soon.

It was nice to see someone else who couldn't remember all the posts to answer. Many times I do that and when we get to a new thread I am lost to comment on things on the old one.

See y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Sassy's Ramblings.......lol

Hi Chicks.

This is just me rambling away, so if your just not in the mood or too busy, you can skip over. I didn't do Individuals because well I'm too lazy to go back to the old thread. lol........

Well tonight has been so far amazing! I came in and Dayshift actually WORKED and I did not have a lot of work leftover from them to do!! Now what do I do? lol. **Knocking on Wood here** lol. I sooooo wish that I could go home at Midnight.............That would be awesome..........but that would never happen unless maybe I was dying or something. lol.

Oh and my Job Angel? Broke his leg!! Poor guy, this defintely has not been his year!! A few months ago he broke his jaw and he had his mouth wired shut for like two months.

I'm hungry and I brought lunch, but I don't want it. Ever had that happen? But there was really nothing else to take.........Just nothing sounds good to me.................Well what sounds good to me is fattening and bad for me so I can't go there. Luckily I have no transportation and I don't get a lunch so can't really go anywhere anyways. lol.

I also found out that someone from the dayshift is leaving our team. Going to somewhere else within the co. She was hired on when I was. So that is another person leaving that I started with. That will leave only one left that was hired on with me.......Kinda scary. I feel like I should move on, but I'm just too afraid! lol.

Thank you all for your kind comments about the house. Dunno if we'll go for it or not. I think DH was looking and this is a good deal and the location isn't that bad either. But depends on DH, sometimes he is all "gung ho" about something then other times he drags his feet and I'm tired of trying to convince him that we need to move. Its not just my decision.

We have looked at so many houses in the last few years........I don't want to go looking unless he is absolutely sure he wants to do it this time. lol.

I think honestly he is afraid, just like before we bought our car. He drug his feet on that too, until our old car broke down and we HAD to get a new one. Don't think our apt is going to totally break down, it is falling apart, but don't think its going to totally go and that is probably what it would take to make him move...........I am trying to tell him, "My mother is moving up here in the summer time and I really don't want to be crammed into this little apt." But he still drags his feet. I understand about being cautious and all that, but there is a point where you just got to do it.

Anyways..........I am rambling away...............lol.

Have a Good One!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Tommy called me after he got out of work to see if I remembered where he spent $39.67 at. I said “well, I can check on the account on the bank site and then let you know when you get home.” So I did that, and found a charge at a gas station not that far from here for that amount. I showed/told Tommy when he got home from work and getting gas, and we went through the receipts and nothing! So he called the bank and the person that he talked to went over it with him on the phone and then told him that he had to go to a local branch and fill out a form disputing the charges and the guy that he talked to at the branch told Tommy that he had a legitimate case, and they will investigate it and get back to him. When he talked to the guy on the phone, the guy told him that the charge was made at 4:28pm on Sunday……Tommy went to pick up some stuff for the kids and then Meijer. He was sitting on the couch watching Ray, and the card was in his wallet on the bar.

Things are going GREAT on this end after the bank issue!!! Tommy called and talked to the lady from the school that he is interested in. She has been trying to send him the information about the financial aid and co-signer stuff. Well, he called her and she told him that all he needs to do is get a co-signer and he will be back in school!!!!!! He called his mom and she said that she would be his co-signer! So, as of January 7th, Tommy will be a student!!! It should be a really rough ride for the six months that he will be in school, since he will be working still, then going to school for 8 hours and then having to do roughly 12 hours of homework through out the week. Plus, being a daddy and a husband on top of it all. I told him that if the boys keep acting like they have been then he is going to have a drunk wife while he is in school!

Sassy~ I hope your DH will stop dragging his feet and want to move soon! Sorry to hear about Job Angel…..man, it really hasn’t been his year!

Trish~ I will have to look into the IE. I have a whole bunch of website that I was sent and then just bookmarked them and haven’t gotten a chance to check them out yet.

Jules~ I can't wait to see pictures of little Dominick!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - a cake taker is a piece of Tupperware that keeps the cake fresh, and has a removable handle, so it's easy to take from one place to another. How was Jhanai's program? I bet it made you so proud! Share pics, if you have them.

Katiecat - purple hair, lol. My bff and I used to iron each others hair to get that straight, hippy look. I wore an army jacket, with the sleeves cut out, and my bell bottomed jeans. I had a pair of paisley bells that were the bomb! Of course I had my Peace symbol necklace on at all times. About the gift cards, at least they'll be cheaper to mail than books, lol.

Mindee - sorry about the gas charge. Do you think Ray took it? The after Christmas sales are great, if you don't mind fighting the crowds. YAY for Tommy going back to school. Hope the kiddos are feeling better today.

Sue - it's all foggy and rainy here, and has been for days. I need some sunshine, too.

Trish - I take notes on who said what when we have a new thread, because I can't remember a thing anymore, lol. I read that dieters who formulate their own programs are much more successful than those who don't. The best I ever did, dietwise, was when I combined the teachings of Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, and Weight Watchers. That's what I'm doing now, too. Yikes, you have to wait until C'mas afternoon for the computer? Oh well, at least you know it's there.

Jules - 13 days!

Sassy - awww, sorry your job angel broke his leg! Hugs to him. Neal is much more cautious than me. That can get aggravating at times, lol.

Neal's party was lots of fun. The kids and grands were here, and we all spoiled him. He always chooses an angel food cake, which doesn't tempt me, so that was good. I did have 1/2 cup of ice cream, but that's not too bad.

I'm going to the doc with Katie today. She's had some unexplained leg pain, so we want to get that checked out.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

I'm running late today (what's new w/me besides that?!)
Choir was great.....all the kids look so grown up!

Here are a couple photos:

They kept moving so the one of her and her friend is blurry!!

DD is in the white and black checked dress. (Her strap broke so she's standing a little hunched because she was worried!!)

My sister took some also so I'm hoping those aren't so blurry.

Gotta go!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on.

MARTI...those are great pictures, thanks for sharing. Jhanai is looking so grown up!

SASSY...poor guy, geez. Lots of hugs to him.

MINDEE...glad to hear about Tommy and going to school! Hope you get the charges figured out. A little scary thinking that someone has your info and is using your card.

JANE...glad the party was fun. Hoping all is well with Katie.

JULES...bet you all are so excited! Maybe little Dominick will make a surprise entrance and come sooner! My niece has a Christmas Eve BD and has always hated it...it never really is celebrated, poor thing. Not sure why my brother & SIL never really did.

TRISH...sorry you have to wait so long for the laptop! But hey, it'll be here before you know it.

MARYKATE...I would love to return the favor/gesture by sending Erik a gift card for some books. If you would like to share his address or have me send it to you let me know.

Hello to everyone else!

This weather totally sucks! Had an ice storm last night and may lose some trees, ugh! Just raining now but supposed to freeze later and possibly snow, messy, messy, messy. Lost our electricity last night, thank god for a fireplace! It was out for only 2 hours, again, thank God! I was worried it would have gone into a full day or two. Anyway...just getting some laundry done and my exercise. WI was today and I am the same, which is fine-better than a gain for sure. I know I ate too much this past week so going to do better this week.

Hoping all is well with everyone. Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #12  

just popping in to see how every one is doing!

Jane~ Tommy was watching the movie "Ray" on the dvd player when the charges were made. The only person that he can think of that could have made the charges was a new guy at the dollar store when he had taken his card to swipe it when he was there. Tommy is hoping that they signed the receipt when they used it.....if they did then he is going to have them trace the signature to find out who used it and then pressing charges on them. The bank froze that account, and they are going to get him a new card with a new number on it within a week. What did the doctor say about Katie's leg pain?

We are hoping to get some Christmas shopping down after the first of the year, but with him going back to school now, we will probably wait until he has a great job. (and I am hoping that by this time next year, we won't have to worry about where our money is coming from)

I do know that now since he is going to be going to school, we will be staying in the apartment (hopefully getting into a 3 bedroom here in the complex). Tommy asked Brandon last night if he wanted to live out here and go to school out here. Brandon said very enthusiastically "yeah!" He found this big wheel type bike at Wal-Mart that he likes, so we told him that if he starts to go potty by himself on the potty and starts to talk more, then he will get it for his birthday. And then his bike that he has now, will then go to Logan. But I told Brandon that if Logan watches him go potty on the big potty that he will then want to start going potty on the potty.

Marti~ Those are some great pictures!!! The first thing I said after I saw the pictures was "my goodness! Jhanai is so grown up!"

Cristina~ Sorry to hear about the sucky weather. We have the same thing going on over here. We are suppose to go over to a friend's house for a Christmas get together. My sister emailed me asking when we were going to be in here area since she has the kids' presents under her tree already. I told her that we would be over in that area tonight as long as they are going to be home.

the boys are watching a circus dvd right now. neither one of them took a nap today. and they were both up and WIDE awake at 1:30 this morning! so they both got a bath and then back to bed they went. Logan fell back to sleep on his own....Brandon fell asleep in bed with me.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

I'm back for a minute....

Marti - oh my gosh, what a beauty she is! And yes, the kids do look so grown up.

Cristina - thank you for the Christmas card. Our temp reached 63 degrees today, and now winter weather is supposed to be here by morning. No wonder so many people are sick, with these highs and lows!

Mindee - HAHAHAHAHA I thought Ray was one of Tommy's buddies that he wanted to keep an eye on, lol. Speaking of dvds, we bought Ratatoullie, and the DGDs have borrowed it, but Neal and I haven't watched it yet. I've heard it's really good.

Angie - the Christmas card you made is beautiful! I didn't know you were into stamping. You sure did a good job with it. Thank you!

Katie has had leg pain, as I said earlier today, and the doc had her do some blood work for rheumatoid arthritis. This was before she even knew that Mary, her sister, has RA. The doc also ordered an xray of her swollen ankle.

I made it to the post office, finally, and luckily there was only 1 person in front of me.

Neal's mad at Penney's. He ordered me a gold chain for Christmas, and they put my name on the package, so I opened it. The thing is, I told him what I wanted anyway, so it's not a big surprise. But it's the wrong one, even though his receipt shows he ordered the right one, so now he's upset that I might not get it before C'mas. I told him that was ok, though. As long as I know it's coming, it's all good.

Toodles!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Jane--Jerry's fave is angelfood cake too. Hope Kate's leg is ok.

Mindee--hope everything gets worked out on the bank card charge.

Cristina--I was watching the news about that ice storm and wondered how you were doing--stay safe!!

Marti--Jhani is such a cutie--it looks like she has a great friend--is that the one that comes to your house??

Sassy--your poor job angel!!

Trish--We have lots of Xmas bdays--hubby's step mom's is the 1st, his sisters is the 13th, her daughter's is the 24th, my dad's is the 15th, mine's the 16th & my mom's is the 21st (she turns 75 this year)

Teri says that her belly feels like it is hanging to her knees today. She felt weird all day but nothing yet....
Old 12-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #15  

Jane~ We hardly ever get visitors to our apartment besides his parents and the kids godparents! We lived 2 hours north of every one and they would visit pretty regularly, we move back down to the city and nobody comes to visit!

Jules~ I hope little Dominick decides to come soon!
Closed Thread