Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Default Don't Wait!!! Go Now!!!! Important!!!

Hi, all:

Sad news from Florida - the rumors are true: Jacksonville Centers will all be GONE (about 7 centers in April...now only 1 left & it will close its doors on 12/22) as of next SATURDAY.

We had 19 boxes of bars left, and we're hoping we can get them. As for our money (we joined in April and paid for 52 weeks each of weight loss - ) we can only hope that the company will refund what is left.

I am devastated and sad, but hoping that this news from Florida will help save some of you the disappointment of going to a COD to weigh in on Thursday only to learn on Saturday that they've closed forever...

I know there are others that this has happened to ... will it happen to us all? ... I don't want to stop losing weight and making healthy choices - PLEASE! suggestions on how to continue despite the loss of the COD are most welcome!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Becca:

You can do this without the COD. You have the information that you need to make it work. You are accountable to yourself and the scale. This forum will help you with stalls and plan information when necessary.

Unfortunately I haven't heard positive feed-back from the refund portion of this. Good Luck and remember we are here to help.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  
Becca on LAWL

Wanted to say that the final COD here in Jax will close 12/15, not 12/22 - I was so upset I put the wrong date down...Sorry!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Becca.. Welcome to our world.. (that is, the world of Liz and Dan)... Our centers all closed in April... While I was close to my goal, I found it easier to get there than Liz has found.. She's still struggling around 170 and isn't sure what to do.. She's been stressing at work and isn't eating as well as she should...

But thankfully, it IS possible to do this.. But you have to make sure you hold yourself accountable.. Keep up your menus diaries as long as you can and follow the plan.. The really good thing about this diet is that you've learned how to eat correctly and have the knowledge to make adjustments when needed...

Don't despair.. We're here for you!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #5  
Becca on LAWL

Thanks, Dan - I remember when you lost your COD (or, rather, when they closed up over night and left you & Liz high & dry!) - I just never thought it would happen down here. Truly: in April when we joined (my hubby joined with me), there were no less than 7 locations with 3 of them opening the next month. They were booming here...and then the boom lowered! I would be lying if I said we were shocked at LAWL/PURE totally abandoning Jax - when they started going through the program changes and then changed back; the staff started dropping like flies (new counselors in & out by the week); then they closed 3 locations; then they changed back to the old plan; then they changed their name to PURE...looking back, all of these were clues.

But I guess that because this was the first weight loss program that actually WORKED for us (having tried ALL of the others - no kidding) - we ignored the signs and just kept on believing that they'd work out their issues and we'd all emerge okay.

So, shocked - no; disappointed - more than I can possibly say. I have been so depressed all day long that I truly didn't know what to do - The good news is, my dh is in this with me and we can hold each other accountable; and we have these boards, which are helpful as well.

I just wish that I could prevent any others from feeling this frustration and (bitter, bitter) disappointment that I am feeling...All of the elements of this weight loss program where what "clicked" for me - I have been through all of the others, and these elements were what helped me to get the 25 pound start that I needed...now I just have to pull myself up by the bootstraps and finish this journey without the COD.

But it does make me MAD that they have such an awesome product and obviously have NO IDEA how to manage a company. And for that...for that....
I am WHIZZED!!!!!!!

Thank you, Dan, for your kind words - you and Liz are an inspiration - it does help to know that there are those out there who have accomplished (and Liz, are accomplishing their weight loss goals.)
I hope that one day I can help someone else out by letting them know what happened to me, and telling them my SUCCESS story.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I know how you feel. I think my COD is going away soon. They are not taking any new clients and there is never more than one person on duty. I ask for menu plans every time I weigh in so I have some saved up. After Christmas I will be buying a high quality scale for my home and will be ready to go it alone if need be.
You have us. This forum has been invaluable for my progress and self esteem. You just need to keep eating they way you have learned over the last 8 months. Do not let yourselves slip back into old destructive habits. Believe in yourself and treat your body like a temple for your soul.
Good luck.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

For those of you considering buying a high quality scale for the home, I bought the $50+ "Thinner" brand model at Bed Bath and Beyond.. At least I think it was around $50... It's been really reliable... Or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it..
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Have you considered filing a claim in small claims court for the money you lost?
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #9  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

If you make it to Judge Judy.. make sure you tell us so we can watch!!! j/k
shoupfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #10  
Becca on LAWL

Actually, we did talk about it...but from reading about the owner/founder of LAWL/PURE, it doesn't sound like we'd get very far. Think about it: he absorbed all that negative from the Washington state stuff and then just continued moving forward.

Dan, did you ever see any resolution from when you tried to get your bars and your money back?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #11  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

My center here in Norcal will be closed as of friday. They left me a message yesterday. They are putting me on the pure "flexible" aka tele dieting. I'm assuming I can still get my bars online?????????? If not I will definitely be pursuing legal action. Even if you don't get far, you can't give up just bc holding them to a contract will take time! There is strength in numbers....don't let them take your money!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchinchick View Post
Actually, we did talk about it...but from reading about the owner/founder of LAWL/PURE, it doesn't sound like we'd get very far. Think about it: he absorbed all that negative from the Washington state stuff and then just continued moving forward.

Dan, did you ever see any resolution from when you tried to get your bars and your money back?

Nope...
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #13  
Becca on LAWL

But, Dan, you filed for a refund and all of that, right? (Am I remembering this correctly?) We have the refund forms, and we will submit them...but I have to say, from what we hear from others that this has happened to, we could be waiting a really, really, really long time to see that money again...and I'm just not sure I want to stall my life waiting for them to suddenly do the right thing (they haven't done it so far...in my opinion, packing up overnight with NO NOTICE is not particularly the right & honorable thing to do...kind of makes it seem a bit shady, eh?)...I'm not sure that I want to hold out for that. Better to move forward and concentrate on continuing on this journey and forget LAWL/PURE/whatever they want to call themselves next...
Old 12-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Don't forget Becca.. Our centers closed with NO warning to us or the staff. The franchisee filed for bankruptcy so there was no money for refunds.. And once they file for bankruptcy, there's nothing you can do through the courts to get your money back..
Old 12-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #15  
pureweightlossemployee

I can help! I am an ex trainer for the company for 2 years! I have all of the recipes, advice, tips and I am an EXPERT in the 9 menus. Please let me know if you need my help!

Last edited by pureweightlossemploy; 12-13-2007 at 08:10 PM.
pureweightlossemploy is offline   Reply With Quote