Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #1  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Dec 10 to Dec 16 Friends and Losers Thread

Good morning, everybody! I've been up since 4:00 a.m. cleaning for a dinner party we're hosting tonight, so right about now, I'd really rather climb back into bed than to go hit the shower! But, alas, school beckons and 25 kids are just chomping at the bit to come to school and drive me nuts until Christmas break! We're all ready for a vacation!!

Have a fabulous day!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning!

Just a quick check in for now. Kids have no school today (for anticipated weather that's not even here). I will be going to WI shortly. COD changed its hours. They used to open at 8:00, now they don't open until 9:00. I'm up, showered, wide awake and ready to go.

I hope everyone has a great POP day!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everybody. I had an absolutely horrible weekend foodwise! My mom had total knee replacement on Friday so I spent the whole weekend at the hospital bored and eating with my siblings every chance I got. Needless to say I made some really bad choices and I can feel it this morning! She had some changes in her EKG last night so they are doing a heart cath on her at 2 to see whats going on. Would appreciate some prayers! She's never had heart problems before and we're all a little scared at this point! I WILL survive this day without eating myself to death!

Have a great day everybody!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Had my office Christmas party on Saturday night. Went to a steakhouse but I had the orange roughy, salad and green beans. It was wonderful. Not too bad of a choice. Of course there were appetizers and dessert. Had 1 snail and some calamari and shared a piece of chocolate eruption cake. It was the best thing I've ever eaten. Of course I can't remember when I had chocolate cake last so that may have something to do with my enthusiasm for it right now. Am up on the scale 3# today so am hoping it has something to do with the sodium and water weight. Will do HLW tonight when I get home to see if that does anything for me. And of course, I'm going to try to stay POP until Christmas. That's my goal. I'll keep you posted to see how that goes. Anyway, just wanted to hop on here real quick before I got busy. I'll check back later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just checking in for the day. i had yesterday off and i have today and tomorrow off too. lots of packing to be done, so i'm hoping i don't procrastinate and not do it.
i'm also down another pound today. so that's good. almost out of the 200's. this is the lowest i've weighed in about 7yrs.
i made some great veggie lentil soup last night and have about 8 containers in the freezer now. hopefully i can eat them all by the time i move! ha.
it's a great way to get all my veggies in and a protein and starch (from the lentils)..this is the 3rd time i've made it..so it must be good!

ok, gonna go and make a soy latte and get started on my day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #6  

Happy Monday to you all!! I just finished up my first week of LAWL and am happy to report 2 things.....1) at my first weigh in on Saturday I was down 5 lbs-I was POP all week and 2) Weekends are my downfall but I planned and was able to stay POP all weekend-even in the midst of an all day Christmas Cookie bake!! While everyone else's lunch consisted of pizza I ate all of the foods I packed! I felt great-what a sense of accomplishement!! Just need to keep up the pace and remember that this is a life changing expierience for me, not just a diet. For the first time in a long time I feel like I may be able to succeed at this plan, that it is actually do-able for me
Julzanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good Morning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I am headed to work-but wanted to get on here bc now that finals are over (yay, I'm still alive!) I will be on here much more and finally plan on getting out of the 240s! I am SO close. I need to get to an official w/i but I think I've lost a couple lbs which is amazing since I ususally gain 8lbs during finals month.

Can't wait to catch up with you all! GL staying on top of your food during this busy holiday season!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Way to go Julz!! Keep up the good work!

Kim - Thoughts and prayers coming your way...

Happy Monday all! I begin the week with a really sore knee.. I hurt it last week playing raquetball so I laid off the exercise for the most part and it started to feel better.. I played again last night and woke up this morning with it REALLY killing me.. So I'm going to have it checked out today...

I now, unfortunately, have to admit I've become addicted to Peppermint Mochas.. I can't get enough of them... Luckily they come in a non-fat variety, but there's still plenty of calories... Darn you Starbucks!! (no offense, Jillian)
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Dan, are you normally a coffee drinker? If so you can get coffee creamer this time of year thats Peppermint Mocha and its only got 45 calories in a serving. My son doesnt even like coffee but he'll drink the heck out of it with that creamer in it. Just a suggestion :-)
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

haha. none taken dan. i love peppermint mochas too. i usually just do a tall with only 1 pump of mocha and 1 pump of peppermint. it's enough to satisfy me. and of course i get mine with soy milk and no whip (lactose intolerant/vegetarian.)
oh and if you didn't know you can get a peppermint mocha year-round. we always have mocha and we always have peppermint syrup. we just heavily advertise them since it's a "holiday" drink.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #11  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Kim - you got it, I hope she'll come thru the tests with flying colors.

Morning all - bad weekend and the scale shows it. Not sure how I became a weekend grazer but it's happened. Gotta nip it. I did get a good start on the week by cooking several dishes sunday so I should be set for good choices thru the week. Not sure what's going on with life but things seem to be falling down around me. The siding on the front of my house is damaged, my son's shower tiles just start falling out, my car stalled in the middle of a busy intersection then started back up, my son's car wouldn't start this morning! One thing after another! 2007 going out with a bang.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #12  
Amy

I will attest tot eh Peppermint Mocha stir in creamer, it's AMAZING. Definitely spruces up a cup of French Roast!

Good morning everyone! I have 2 finals next week which I am worrying about, and two this week. AHH!!! I am not worried though.

This weekend was a great one! I was pretty good OP too, went to Applebee's Friday night and got French Onion Soup and a Chicken Caesar salad. I stole some of the BF's nachos, but not that many. Yesterday went to Ruby TUesday and got a burger, conmbined salad bar and less than 10 fries, ate half of the burger, and walked away feeling great.

The BF and I are talking about getting engaged. I have made the decision to move down to VA. We're looking at Charlottesville, where I will transfer to University of VA. I am so excited!

Anyways, I got to WI tomorrow, I am hoping for at least 2 lbs, I have been SO POP this week!

GL to everyone, have a GREAT day!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on for a few days.. have had a lot going on.. trying to finish up with finals

I have been working part time since I started my job (bank teller) a couple of years ago because of school, but a position recently came open for full time, so I started (officially) this morning. During finals. Great timing, huh? But, finals will be over as of tomorrow and things should finally calm down!

Haven't been exactly POP this past week.. the girl whose spot I took left 3 days early last week and I've worked a couple of days without a break and eating whatever someone brought me. I'm fine when I have a regular schedule and can plan but as soon as something unexpected comes up it's like I lose my mind completely as far as food goes. So.. back on track today!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #14  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi All! Just wanted to say that I work at a Cofee Hut and I drink a Latte everyday. White Snickers Sugar Free Skim milk and lots of espresso! Ha ha! Anyway it's only one dairy! I get a 16 oz with 3 shots which makes it so it's only 8 oz of Skim milk. I love it!
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I did! Still sober 37 days ha ha! I think the sober thing may be ending quite soon! By BF has a Xmas party Friday with free drinks I can't pass up free! Ha ha! Anyway I will will write tomorrow after I WI. Ugh! Not looking forward to it. But then again I never am.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #15  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

My weekend went well! Got to go to the gym, saw a movie ("August Rush"... it was okay!) and went to the mountains to play in the SNOW! Good times! I also tried Luna Bars this weekend. Not sure how I feel about those just yet. Definitely cheaper than LA Lites though.

Went to WI this morning and I lost a pound. Very happy about that! Hopefully the week can be as kind as the weekend has been! Have an amazing week everyone... keep losing!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote