South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Movin' and Shakin" Monday!

Good Morning! Up and at 'em!

It's rainy and foggy here, but I'm not going to let that ruin my day. At least it's not snowy and icy. I still can't manage a workout today, I may have to wait another week, but it's more important to let my ankle heal.
I have an early hairdresser appointment, then home to pay some bills before getting the girls. I'll be getting Audrey at noon along with Maggie, as she has a dr. appt. this afternoon. Later, we're having some of their friends over for a playdate and supper. So that sums up my day.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Linda! Heal that ankle. You're right...stinks now, but it'll be worth it to let it heal completely instead of dealing with ankle issues. I spent part of my senior year in high school on crutches missing the most important gymnastics meets of the season and just dying to go at it anyway, but I'm glad I waited. I have nice, strong ankles now. It's one of my best assets.

Gotta get Avery off the potty. She peed on Kadyn today. That was not nice.

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

I forgot to say...

Ten years ago today Tom proposed to me on the carousel in Seattle Center! Awwwww!!!

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kind of icky here too, Cottage...foggy and humid...yuk. Hopefully it will clear out this morning.
I'm on cup of coffee #3 and my brain is just about to function. Got caught up on a lot of work yesterday and so far today doesn't look too bad...but I never know till the emails start flying in.
I'm having a little dinner party this Saturday in honor of a friend's birthday. The table people promised that my new dining table will be ready in time, but if it's not, that's ok too. My guests don't know it, but everything will be SB except for the dessert. My Mother just adores coconut cake, so I'm baking one along with Creme brulee. I love having parties...it motivates me to get stuff done that I've been wanting to do.,,uh, I guess that really means nagging my husband to do little chores like putting up a picture rail that has been sitting in the living room for 2 weeks! We have plaster walls, so I know he dreads it.

Hope everyone who follows has a wonderful Day!
Morning Kara, er make that "evening"...we were posting at the same time..

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-10-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's a slow start day here. Everything is on 2 hour delays because of ice on the roads. Not as good as last Monday's day off but I'll take whatever I can get on a Monday

Cottage - How smart of you to listen to your body! I am so bad at that. I always want to push and then end up with more days of rest.

Kara - awwwww Congratulations!

Femme - I'm just pouring my third too. I suspect being home an extra couple of hours may lead to another small pot.

Now I suppose I should do something productive with my found time. I got 4 new trays for my dehydrator so I think I'll slice up the last of the apples for apple chips. Yummmmm

Cyndi
Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone
Still have these stupid sniffles. I'm not as grouchy this morning but I'm also not at work yet.
Cottage Hope your ankle gets better and have a great afternoon with your girls.
Kara Congratulations on your anniversary.
Femme Your dinner parties always sound so nice. Have fun.
Cyndi Enjoy your apples.

Today officially starts Ph2. I lost 6 lbs. last week for a total of 11 on Ph 1 redo. That's more than I lost the first time on Ph 1 so I guess I followed more exactly this time??? Last time I got all freaked out about adding something in, so this time I had 1/2 cup of cereal with my eggs to get it out of the way.

Hope everybody stays warm and has a great day.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Morning, Cat! Your dinner party sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I think one of the best things about the Beach is that it's all "normal" food. I'm sure your guest will applaud your culinary skills, and feel healthy to boot.

Cyndi, be careful driving! I hope your apples come out well. What's your favorite thing to dehydrate?

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Congrats on your Phase 1 success, Dawn! Good for you, not stressing about it. Keep up the great work!

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kara - I just bought the dehydrator in September so am getting the hang of it. We love apples sliced really thin and dried until very crisp. They're also good with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or fresh ginger sprinkled (and the house smells GREAT!). Strawberries and pears and unsweetened cranberries are also popular around here. Blueberries are too much effort for too little reward.

I've made bags of dehydrated veggies to grind for broth which is a big plus since MSG gives me migraines. Zucchini dried until very dry and seasoned with garlic salt and basil or onion salt and dill makes a really yummy snack chip. I've also tried onions, daikon, turnips, lots of carrots for stews, and tomatoes (think sun-dried without the sun). I'm planning my whole garden and CSA around the dehydrator next year.

Can you tell I'm having fun with my new toy?

Cyndi
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

I've never thought about doing vegetables! My dehydrator is in storage in California right now, so I'm going to have to store up all of these ideas for next spring...

We were part of a CSA back in California and loved it! It was such a positive program, for us and for the farmer. We still talk about him all the time!

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! Ten posts and half of them are from Kara. Do you just wait for us to get up. Sweetie? Here we are all sleepy and there's our Kara all bright eyed and bush-tailed while we want to mainline coffee!

Sounds like the eastern part of the continent is definitely winter. It feels and looks like January here.

Cottage, do try to rest that ankle more. You can do permanent damage.

Thin, excellent work on your Phase I redo. You are wise to ease into Phase II.

CindiM, I had a dehydrator once and just loved drying things. Unfortunately it melted itself for some reason - my DH was messing around and..... I may get another one someday - dryer, not DH!

Cat, I love to entertain too! At the moment, I'm contemplating doing a turkey BEFORE Christmas but may switch that to the big boneless pork loin languishing in my freezer. I find that dinner parties during the week work out well for me and my working friends appreciate it. We usually make an early night of it without a lot of wine.

I've been shamed into going to the gym this morning! I've not been there since October so you may never see me here again. If I return, I'll check in later.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

I do, I do! All day I check in to see if one of you happens to have insomnia and gets up in the middle of the night... And now, Tom's out (he's on a strange schedule this month) so I have no one to keep me company but the TV that has all Korean shows and you guys. I'm really pathetic...

Good luck at the gym, Ruth!

I just went to the my virtual model site and made up one of those gals like Schmoo had done in the weekend chatter. She looks way better than I do. Can I just superimpose her over my photos???

Kara
Old 12-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,
Kara, glad you found the mvm. I made a fat, current (less fat), and skinny me. To answer your question from yesterday's chat, to insert the image, you need an online photo hosting account (photobucket, flickr, etc.) When you upload photos to your account, it'll give you an url for direct links. When you post, you click the "insert image" icon, and put in the url, and it should come up in your post. My mvm is cuter than me too. That's why I pointed out the flattish stomach and the tan! I like her haircut too.
Happy Anniversary!
Cat, thanks for the tips. I was working on figuring out how to do this yesterday, but I don't know exactly how it works. I love dinner parties too, Cat, but I haven't been able to have one for a few years, except with very close friends who don't mind sitting at the kitchen table. Our dining room is currently serving as our family room, until we get the summer kitchen remodeled into a family room, and we haven't gotten started on it yet! I really miss my dining room table...
cottage, another busy day with the kiddies! Enjoy!
Cyndi, hope you get to have a lazy, late morning. Enjoy that extra cuppa!
Dawn, welcome back to Ph2 land!
Morning Ruth! Hope they're not too hard on you at the gym!

Monday, Monday... None of us wants to get back to business, the weekend was too fun. Another normal day here. I just realized I never did the minutes from our Parks & Rec meeting the Thursday before last, so they'll be looking for those - I'd better add that to the list. Better get my shoes on and ready to walk the kiddies. Have a good Monday chicks!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Monday Morning, Chickadees!

Cottage: I agree with everyone else - keep that ankle healthy! I'm sure you're really missing your Curves workouts, though. We're pretty wet, foggy, chilly here as well.

Kara: Poor Kadyn! And congrats on your 10-year proposal anniversary!

Cat: Again, I have to agree with everyone else - you are the culinary queen of the group! Would you mind posting your menu one day? We're having a couple over for dinner on Friday who want to eat healthier, but I have no idea what to make them!

Cyndi: I've wanted a dehydrator FOREVER. I've just never gotten around to buying one. Sounds like a lot of fun for you! Maybe now that my DH is eating healthier, I'll be able to justify buying one since both of us will be using it!

Ruth: Yay for you going to the gym! That's one thing I wish our small town had; a decent gym. The one that is here is super-exclusive (invitation only) and costs $200 a month - without a trainer! It's ridiculous! Hope your workout is great!

Schmoodle: I really liked your mvms! I bet you look closer to your mvm than you think! Again congrats on your big loss!

Me: Not much going here! My weight was holding this morning at 211.5, so I'm hoping it will stick until official W-I on Wednesday. I'm a little worried about today since it's our office CHRISTmas lunch with catered enchiladas, rice, beans and desserts. I think I'll just eat one enchilada, a salad, some beans and the frozen berries and yogurt I brought for my dessert. I'll have to drink lots of water and watch my carbs tomorrow just in case.

Well, boss-man is here and I need to see what's going on in the office world. Hope the rest of you have a great day! Here's some for all of us - I'm going to need it later!

~Kim
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Monday Morning! Had a lot of catching up to do this morning as I hadn't checked in all weekend. Sounds like everyone has been busy! I did some shopping of my own this weekend. Also did some shopping online. Now I just have to intercept the packages before DD gets her paws on them! She has been warned! You would think at 16 she would know better! A few years ago I caught her not only snooping but trying on!

I had a great weekend "hanging" with her. We did some crafty things on saturday. DH complains because she "is always running" but she was home all day and night saturday and wound up! After she preformed the entire soundtrack to Rent and made the dog wear this silly christmas hat we bought him (which he doesn't like) I think DH was wishing she was running!

I weighed 107 saturday which is way to low! Time to make some adjustments. Never thought that would be an issue. Perhaps it was a fluke? Was rather happy this morning to see 112 again but TOM (sorry tom) showed also so I am sure there is some water retention there. Obviously I don't have the matainance thing down yet. It's almost as frustrating as trying to lose. I hope I don't offend anyone with this little rant of mine since everyone else is trying so hard to drop the pounds.

I am rambling and I haven't posted personals and out of time (why do we have to work?) I will check back later.
Closed Thread