Old 12-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #1  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hello.....again :dizzy:

Hello again

Well, I am back after a long self pity filled absence and at the highest weight I have ever been. 4 pounds away from 300.

I have been lurking around the boards on and off during my absence. I just read mandalinn82's story. Wow! Dont' get me wrong, everyone's success stories are always motivating, but this one really struck a chord with me. I think because in Amanda's before pictures, we have the same body type. It gives me hope that one day this belly can dissapear!

My sister (bless her heart) said to me today..."What is the point of starting a diet this time of year". I guess she has a point??? But I am thinking more long term. I just can't stand the thought of another summer in this body I have right now. All the fun I miss out on because I hide and refuse to do the things I used to love because I am ashamed and self consious of myself.
Besides, I replied to my sister with "You have to start sometime, why not now?"

I turn 33 at the end of August. I would be thrilled to be down 50lbs. My doctor says that it is a sensible goal.

I know with all of your support I can do it. So please have me back

I promise this time I will not run and hide when things get tough.

to you all!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, gumboot! You've been missed!
I'm so glad to see you again!
You'll get it going again and be better than ever. Good for you for starting now. Why wait in anticipation over the next few weeks?? Summer is great motivation to start now.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! I look forward to chatting with you. I agree, no sense in waiting to "start"....jump right in!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good for you for coming back! It sounds like you're ready to go... this time of year isn't the easiest, but it's a good time to practice keeping to serving sizes, planning ahead! Moderation!

Good luck!!!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #5  

Welcome back, I know you can do it!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

So glad to see you back. Yup, there's no time like the present. Just think instead of gaining a few pounds this holiday season, you can actually lose a few. Or at least start incorportating some new and better habits into your daily life. It's like you'd be one step ahead of the game. Good luck to you!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #7  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!!! I applaud you and any time is the RIGHT time to start a life change. I wish more people would understand that instead of making up excuses like the new years resolution one others we've all heard before. Visit 3fc as often as you can!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Gumboot!

YES, you CAN do it!

I wholeheartedly reject the idea that December is somehow a bad time to try to lose weight. Why? Because even if you just maintain, by keeping a closer eye on what you're eating, you're more likely to NOT gain the 5 or more lbs that most Americans put on between Thanksgiving and New Years each year. I'd personally rather start with 5 lbs less on me...plus, if you can get through December, think about how much easier it will be in January when all of these stresses and temptations aren't present. So good for you for making this change NOW, when it isn't as easy but will be much more rewarding.

I am incredibly humbled that my story struck a chord with you. The belly CAN disappear. It takes work, of course, and some changes. But it isn't impossible and you will feel so much better!

I'm so glad you're here again. Stick around!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #9  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Welcome back gumboot! I totally agree with Kim. You're making a life change, not starting a diet. The fact that you decided to do it now is the best sign that it will be a change for life, not just "a diet." You can do it. Go, gumboot
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

We still have 2 weeks until Christmas...so there is no reason you can't get going in that time, take off a few instead of gaining. I have always thought of the entire month of December as Christmas...but on these boards last month someone really changed my tune when they said "Thanksgiving is only one day." It is true, and that has become my motto this month! Christmas is only ONE DAY, and doesn't give any reason to pig out all month long.

That's why these boards are so wonderful, these people have inspired me in dthe few weeks I've been here, and they have completely changed my mindset and the way I think about this journey. So stick around, even if you are doing horrible, someone will say something that just clicks with you and you'll be off racing
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You've got a GREAT attitude! Welcome back.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #12  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi & welcome...I am new here and it's good to meet you. This will be my first December in a very long time that I am actually thinking about food portions, healthful eating and a sane relationship with the food around me. I understand. I am nervous too. But, why not now!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #14  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Welcome back! I love your attitude. Now is the perfect time, and it's just be hiding behind excuses not to! I just recommitted to a healthy lifestyle 1.5 weeks ago. We can do this!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote