Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking Weekly LC Chat 12/3 to 12/9

Good Moring LC'ers! We got a beautiful tree at Lowes for only $21 bucks. It's full and so pretty and smells wonderful. I thought we would have troubles with the 2 kittens, Punkin & Bonkers, because they are a lil' over 5 months old, but lemme tell ya, Their Mama, Stormy, who is almost 6 yrs old is the one doing this:

LMAO! She's bad...

Last edited by Diva; 12-03-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #2  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks Divia for start us up this week. I'm not in the Christmas mood at all,see my post on the Dec. Challenge. I had a very hard pill [week] to swallow,involving my two friends.I just can't understand why I can't except something I can't control of.

W-I today and I'm up a pound

Happy that you got such as nice Christmas tree for $21. We always had an artificial tree,thought then being safer. Now I just use the top 1/2 of the tree for a table top.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

LOL @ Kristmas Kitty, diva - Stormy, Punkin & Bonkers - what a cute trio of names! DD wants a kitty so bad - dh is tres allergic to cats so we can't have. TREE: Can't think of the kind we bought - but it has the soft needles? Initially made the house smell so "fresh" - but I'm not getting the piney/Christmasy smell from it - *dash to the store for a can of Pine Scented Room Spray methinks*

Sending out cyber hugs & prayers for you & your friends beachie! We'll get thru this together, ok? I remember my Mom getting depressed as the inevitable happened aging & health woes of her circle of friends - her faith and I know your faith will get you thru these challenges.

STILL not down from my Txgiving Extravaganza-5 lb gain - - but got 4 of those suckers off & will slay the rest and THEN SOME this week!!! *determined steely glare*

I've got my menu/grocery planner game face on & even cooked a bunch for the week so raring to GO GO GO!

Let's have a GREAT first full week of December Gals . . . making progress NOW will help us get thru the Holiday is my plan!

Last edited by aud; 12-03-2007 at 02:42 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just want to Let you know that my good & dear friend Nancy Passed away last night.

Won't be on the board today,thanks for all your prayers.

Hugs Maryann
Old 12-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Awww - that sux - the holdiays make it worse somehow I think, beachie. Hang in there Girl.

Never have got to fix the Turnip French Fries . . . but BOY was the deep dish pizza quiche a HUGE HIT! Even with my non LC pals at work - absolutely could not tell that the crust was egg!

Leaving early again so will ttyal!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 AM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

So sorry about your friend BB.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #7  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Sorry about your friend Beachie. Hang in there girly, you seem to be having such a hard time this week. I'll be praying for ya.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thank you for all the prayers for Nancy & me at this trying time.I'm feeling a lot better knowing that I have good friends like you on this low carb board.

I'm in a rush this morning as I we have to get ready for her wake & funeral and its not going to be easy losing a good friend especially that this time of the year.

Will post later and thanks Ladies for being there for me.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-05-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hi Everyone!

So glad you are hanging in there and checked in beachie. That's gotta be rough.

Things have been crazy at work already this week - not been able to make it to the gym at all but have got Power Walks in.

The non-stop Holiday food fests have started - seems like each area I go to has another table full of Christmas cookies etc. Looking back, it's so ez to see how I got up to 248#! I remember eating at each and every one of these areas and being sent away with plates & baggies full of high sugar type goodies - only to eat it all later in my office!

Not even tempted this year.

*knock on monitor*

Not sure why . . . kind of thinking that I'm finally full?

How's everyone else holding up to the onslaught of baked goodies?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #10  

Now, I KNOW I am only supposed to step on the scale once a week, but.....

After week 1, I had lost 6 pounds! Yay! Here I am, Wednesday morning, week 2 of induction, the scale shows me as GAINING 2 pounds!
I'm not eating any differently than week 1, except that Sunday night I bought bratwursts and made sauerkraut. I do always rinse sauerkraut, could I still be retaining water from that by this time?
My meals look like this:
Breakfast - tea with cream, 3 eggs and a serving of meat
Snack - small piece of cheese, small serving of some sort of meat (generally lunchmeat, would be turkey breast or ham or roast beef, yesterday it was a few homemade chicken wings made with Tabasco)
Lunch - salad veggies with meat, oil and vinegar or blue cheese dressing in small quantities
Supper - meat and veggies
Snack - piece of cheese

I failed to take measurements before I started but my clothes are fitting better. I have been drinking diet sodas, I am going to see what happens if I cut them out for a few days (would save me $ to boot....)
-Michele
garybearsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya & WELCOME gbgirl!

Hmmmmmmm . . . first of all: STEP AWAAAAAY from the scale! LOL!

Secondly - do you have your copy of New Diet Revolution/Atkins book at the ready? Listed in there (of if you don't have it . . . there's a list @ Linda's Low Carb - sorry I don't have a link too right now - hope someone's around who does) with TONS of Induction-Friendly vegetablesvegetablesvegetables - besides salad.

(I enjoyed "Turnip Fries" last nite!)

Gotta get that fiber in - I've been experimenting with veggies lately and it has helped sooo much . . . I also have quit diet soda addiction for months now and lost the stall/bloat. I drink a gallon of green tea (mixed with 1/4-1/3 of caffeinated "real" tea daily) and tons of plain water. Made a big difference for me on LC & life in general to stay hydrated this way - moves the mail, so to speak. I also take fiber supplements (too many carbs in the Metameusil type things - even the SF kind.)

There's a lot of menu Posting going on @ the top of the page sticky - "December Challenge" - might help & hope you'll join us!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174.0/162.4/135.0

Height: 5'4"

Welcome GBG!

The scale is my worst enemy! My weight flucuates a few pounds up and down during the week (even during the day). So I weight on the same day/time each week. Like most, I get mad when the pounds don't go down. But I also think there are so many other ways to measure your success - the fact that your clothes are fitting better is one of them! Don't be a slave to the scale

I try to keep my copy of Doctor's Pocket Calorie, Fat and Carb counter within reach. I eat alot of the same things, so I know the carbs in them. But if I am out, or want to try something different - it is a handy reference to check before you eat.

Beachie - I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you are doing ok.

Aud - I found the recipe for turnip fries online (I had not heard of them until posted here). I'm going to try them this weekend! Can you post the deep dish pizza recipe? That sounds good too!

Well...I got up early to get some work done...so I better get going. Have a great day!

- Laura
laura02169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Beach bum, hugs and prayers are with you and Nancy and family.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Was busy for the last couple of days. Nothings new,its just the same old......and its going to be busy this weekend. Going to put up the Christmas Decorations tomorrow if I have the time.

Welcome to the thread GreyBear you did great losing 6 lbs,WTG I used to go on the scale everyday,but it got to discouraging seeing , the fluctuations go up & down I stopped.

LAURA-Thanks for the kind words the wake & funeral are this weekend. No I'm not avoiding coming on to post I just have lots to do,now that the holidays are close at hand. I have to get my house in shape before the decorations can go up.

AUD-Thanks are going out to you gals for being so understanding.I can't afford to stay away from this boards,I need all the support I can get to make that ticker go down.

Thanks Mothermavis-I alright now,but I know I will come apart by Sunday and Monday for the final goodbye.

Have a great evening Ladies and I'll see you guys tomorrow at my W-I.

Hugs BB
Old 12-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

ok, I fell off the wagon, but Im chasing it down and hopping back on
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote