South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default DaVinci syrups

I FOUND THE SUGAR-FREE VANILLA SYRUP AT THE COMMISSARY! Now, what do I do with it? (I don't drink coffee.)

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-04-2007 at 02:01 AM.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara! You can add it to your yogurt, cottage cheese, or anything else that you'd like to sweeten up a little. Go easy at first, though, only a tsp or so until you get the degree of sweetness you want. A little goes a long way! I sweeten my Nessa Bars with DaVinci syrups instead of using Splenda.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

I put some in my NSA hot chocolate this afternoon and it was SO good! Thanks for the recommendation!

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

That's exciting Kara! You will think of lots of things to do with it. And you will find out how much you can tolerate too. Unfortunately I can't use much of it because it does nasty things to my insides.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Oooo, I will keep an eye out. Is it a particular ingredient that does you in?

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

It's the artificial sweetener that's in it. I can't remember which one is in that, but there several that affect me that way. I think it's the sugar alcohols. Before I knew this, I took some sugar free gummy bears to the movies. I ate about twenty and missed the last half of the movie! Later I looked at the box and a serving was supposed to be about five or so!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

I remember that movie story. I think it was right after we started together! Weren't you on a trip or something?

I think it's Splenda in the syrups. I was surprised that I couldn't really taste the aftertaste. My mom uses Splenda a lot in her baking and it is a good way to keep me from eating cookies because I can't stand the aftertaste! Maybe I used such a scant amount of the syrup that I couldn't tell.

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #8  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I use the SF syrups in a protein drink that I make. The protein powder is SF and I use non fat milk to make the drink. I usually have it on oatmeal with a little nutmeg and cinnamon. Makes the oatmeal really yummy. Sometimes I just use the nutmeg, cinnamon and syrup with out and milk on it. That is really good also.

I also use it when I make the bean muffin recipe out of the recipe section on here. I use the Macadamia syrup and Almond oil with Navy beans and it makes a great muffin for my hubby's breakfast each day.

I have used it in several other things but these are the only two that come to mind right now.

My next experiment with it is going to be replacing the sugar in pumpkin pie with one of them. Not sure which one yet but it is on my to do list for this weekend.

Good luck with experimenting with the syrups.

Last edited by Sheba's Mom; 12-07-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Sheba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Thank you, Sheba's mom. Do you replace the sugar one-for-one with the syrup? It seems that would be a lot of syrup!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Kara, question- where in the commisary did you find? I am hoping they carry in our commisary but have not found. Thanks
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

If it was here in Korea, it HAS to be where you are!

I found it by the flavored coffees, on the top shelf. They had sugar-free and regular vanilla flavored syrups, but no other kinds. I've heard that there are a couple different varieties, though.

Good luck!

Kara
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

DaVinci carries SF syrups in almost any flavor imaginable. Check out their website. They often have "specials", and the more you order, the less your cost of shipping, too. I love the peanut butter, butter rum and pumpkin pie!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Linda. You had to say peanut butter! I'm heading to the website right now...

Kara
Old 12-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Poo and double poo. I just went to the website and picked three really yummy-sounding varieties and got to the shipping portion of the checkout and read they don't ship to APO addresses. Next time I go to the commissary, though, I'm going to ask them to get more kinds!!!

Kara
Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Pearlrose- my commissary here at Ft Gordon also carries the syrups in the coffee section.

I just picked up a bottle of sf caramel from Walmart. Not to crazy about it. So far I have tried the sf hazelnut, sf vanilla and the sf caramel. The sf vanilla is definitely my fave.

Kara Maybe you could get a family member to pick some up for you here and ship them. I'm sure you know they have flat rate boxes at the post office. They could get them from Walmart. They sell the syrups cheaper than the website and I'm sure the shipping will be less.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote