South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #1  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Default SCARED! Starting Phase 2 tomorrow!

Okay guys you gotta help me out. I've lost 10 pounds on phase 1 and am revelling in my skinny jeans! I can start phase 2 tomorrow- but I'm scared I'll eat something wrong and will gain the weight back! I was thinking about one slice of peanut butter toast (low-carb whole wheat) in the morning- mostly because I'm sick to death of eggs any ideas? Can I add one fruit and one bread or just one at a time? How much weight should I keep on losing? 2 pounds a week or more?
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your progress in Phase 1! That is really terrific!

For Phase 2, add just one serving of grain or fruit per day per week. If you want to have whole wheat toast (great choice pairing it with protein, by the way!) for breakfast, go for it. Have some tomato juice or pepper sticks or snap peas with it to get your veggies in for breakfast. Then, the rest of your day will look exactly like a Phase 1 day. The next day you could have a Phase 1 breakfast, salad with a whole wheat roll for lunch, and a Phase 1 dinner. The next day, have a Phase 1 breakfast, Phase 1 lunch, and include some whole grain product in your dinner, for example. Then, the next week add in one fruit per day in addition to your one grain per day.

This way you will be able to monitor how your body reacts to each particular grain and fruit and you will know what to avoid to keep cravings at bay.

For me, I can eat any fruit at all, but some grains really set me off. Whole wheat pasta isn't a problem as long as I pair it with soy-meat sauce (I'm a vegetarian) but Triscuits...forget it! I'm a disaster if I eat just ONE single cracker! I would never have known that unless I had added my grains back in slowly and realized that it was the Triscuits that set me off.

You'll probably continue to see a 1-2 pound loss per week through Phase 2. It's a slow, steady, manageable loss that your body can sustain.

Hope that helps! Good luck as you transition!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

elturban, congratulations on a very successful Phase 1 loss! For easing into Phase 2, check out the informative sticky in our FAQ section. You'll find it very informative and helpful.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

yeah, what Kara said!!

I found that at first, my old "enemies", pasta and rice would set me off. I used to live on white rice and pasta before SB. Then gradually, after I changed to brown rice and ww past they didn't. I'm not sure if it was my body adjusting, or my mindset, but they don't anymore even though at first they set off all kinds of cravings. I can have a normal portion and I'm ok now. I may have one or the other each week now with no problems and I don't crave them like I used to.

Kara, on the trisquits. They used to be my downfall before SB too. BUT..I would eat them out of the box with cheese. (don't even get me started on cheese-its...I could eat a 1/2 box at one sitting easily)
But I found that if I portion them out in a plate and eat them with laughing cow cheese, that one serving is all I want. I break them into 2 or 3 pieces each while I'm dipping in the cheese. I don't know if you can get them over there, but they have new thinner triangle ones and 1/2 a serving of them is plenty to scoop up laughing cow cheese. I don't have a box here, but it was around 7 crackers for a 1/2 serving.

Elturban, honestly, don't be scared of phase 2. You MAY find that you don't loose as quickly as phase1 and that you may even get "stuck" at a certain weight for a while. I know it happened to me, but you have to get the mindset that you are getting healthier and the benefits are more important than the weight, then suddenly the weight will just take care of itself. I got "stuck" quite a few times before I reached my goal, but just kept telling myself to be patient and it worked!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-08-2007 at 06:57 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

I don't care for Cheese-its but I can (and have, but not recently) eaten an entire box of Wheat Thins in a day. Those crackers are so very yummy!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hey el, I remember well the terror of starting Ph2! Don't be afraid, Ph2 is really great, and you will still lose weight. One cannot live by Ph1 alone, after all!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #7  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

omgosh wheat thins, I don't buy them because they are evil!

You will find that planning your meals ahead of time will help a lot in sticking to your current phase. It's always tempting to stay on Ph1 but it's not healthy and you need to learn how to eat for long term. You will do great!
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #8  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Thanks guys! I did good today- I decided to have a normal p1 breakfast and for lunch I had half of a turkey, cheese, lettuce, low-cal ranch wrap and a side salad loaded w/ fresh veggies. It wasn't too bad. Snack was light string cheese and a diet coke. Then eggs and veggie sausage (1)for supper and now my long awaited peanut butter cup dessert! Thanks for all your input- I will keep you posted!
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote