General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Sonicare UV Sanitizer

I'm doing another bzz campaign and product testing the Sonicare UV toothbrush Sanitizer.

Have you heard of it?

Do you have one?

I went to Bed and Bath to check them out and speak with someone about it but they don't carry them at my local store. To tell you the truth, I'm having trouble finding them.

Here is a link if you want to see what it looks like.

http://www.sonicare.com/sanitizer/c_uv_t1.asp

It is compatible with Sonicare and Oral B brush heads only.

We change our brush heads every 4 months but we are putting them into the sanitizer at night. It makes no noise and takes very little counter space. I haven't noticed any difference in the brush heads.

It is about $50 on the Walmart and Target websites and $60 on the Bed and Bath website.

I'd like some input if you have any.

Thanks.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #2  

I am not familiar with that brand (we have the sunbeam toothbrush sanitizer)but it is important to keep toothrbrushes sanitized even if you can't "see" the difference. Alot of people don't realize that toothpaste harbor alot of nasty germs.
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

How often do you change your toothbrush?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #4  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

Hey! I'm on that bzz campaign too! They sent me the sonicare toothbrush last year which I LOVE ( and my dentist says my teeth are MUCH cleaner since I began using it) and I signed up for the sanitizer as well. I've been using it every night before bed. I don't know if we're supposed to see some kind of difference, but I'll just wait and see...
CammieCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

UNFORTUNATELY, UV light really doesn't do a whole lot to keep things clean, especially since the amount of UV light that these items produce is minimal at best. Think of it this way: IF UV light at those levels was effective as per the product claim, the world would be 99.9% germ free. But it isn't! The intensity of UV light needed to kill germs is at an industrial level, and daily exposure to it raises your risk of cancer. The home-use LED UV lights don't emit anywheres near an effective UV concentration, so you CAN use it at home without risk, but it won't kill much.
Sorry - this product is a gimmick IMHO. To keep your toothbrush clean, you can rinse it out with hot water and hand wash it with a bit of toothpaste each time. Let it air-dry. This will remove most of the nasties. The rest of them can only be killed by bleach or by heat/pressure sterilization.
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 12-08-2007 at 11:52 AM.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

I haven't noticed any difference. I think Maya is right in that it is a gimmicky thing. I would never buy it. However, it's free! Don't know how long we'll use it.

Cammie, how long have you been bzzing? I'm new. I got the Afrin a few weeks ago. I asked people on here about it and boy oh boy did I get some mixed remarks. One lady here actually got addicted to it!

I'm not sure how I'm going to report this one.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #7  

I'm a newbie so I wasn't able to PM you... so I'll just put my response here...

It's a difficult thing to bzz about because you wouldn't have a need for it unless you already had a sonicare toothbrush. And quite frankly I don't know how comfortable I am asking people, say at work what kind of toothbrush they use.

I do ask friend and family though.. most of them have regular toothbrushes so again they really wouldnt have a need for the sanitizer. Honestly if the bzz campaign hadn't sent me the sanitizer or the toothbrush I wouldn't have one either.

I've been doing it for about a year now... some of the campaigns are good, like this one with the sonicare and I also got free listerine white strips to try, and some are eh... I got a 6 month sub to TVguide magazine.

Afrin huh? Lemme go see if I qualify for that one!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

You can't PM? Hmmmm.

I have to give my report soon. I think this one is going to be very disappointing for them. If you want to find out more about the Afrin, look for my thread on here. It was very eye opening.

I've only gotten Afrin and the Sanitizer so far.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #9  

Those Listering dissolving white strips weren't very good, at least not to me, so I sent a bzz and told them that I didn't have a good experience with them, but I did tell some friends about them and they accepted my buzz. I'm sure you're not the only one who's having trouble bzzing about something like that. I don't know how it would even be useful for anyone unless they had a sonicare toothbrush.