Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2007, 01:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default First time I've gained...really depressed...

I've been working on losing weight for a loooong time now. At my highest I was up over 240 pounds and as of a few weeks back I was at my lowest of 169. Well I don't know exactly what happened but my eating just got out of control. My scale is broken so I don't know exactly where I'm at right now but the last time I got weighed it was like 182. I'm going to guess I'm around 185 right now based on my clothes. As I've lost weight I repeated a lose, maintain, lose, maintain pattern but unfortunately this is the first time I've gained weight. And a significant amount at that! As it's been happening I keep getting more depressed which makes me eat more. I just feel like I don't know how to stop eating and get started again. I just feel fat, fat, fat, fat.

As far as other stuff going on, it has been fairly stressful. My husband and I had been having some serious issues, we just got a new puppy, classes, you know the rest of the usual stuff. Most of that is resolved (other than the puppy, he's great, just a lot of work ) but I just don't know how to get started again.

stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Anything you have gained does NOT erase what you have already lost! Don't give up. You have caught yourself before you gained all or more than you've lost back! Keep up the good work. Recommit! Find a way to exercise, drink plenty of water, eat the right foods for you. You are a success, you've proven that already, you just wandered down a fork in the road and now it's time to put the fork where it belongs and get back on the better path!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 AM   #3  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Just hop back on! I know...easier said then done. But if you just try really hard for one day you may be surprised how easily you fall back into your old habits. Let me tell you, I fell off bad the other day and did some serious damage, but it seems like gained weight comes back off faster if you don't let it stick around too long, so maybe consider that motivation to get the 10ish pounds you gained back off. I don't know if it really is easier to lose re-gained weight or not, but anything that messes with my head in a good way I assume is true. How about taking that puppy for a walk (if he has his shots already, of course). That will be good for both of you as puppies are so much more tolerable when they are sleeping. Hope things settle down soon. Get back on track though, you will regret it later if you don't!

Last edited by jordan; 12-07-2007 at 02:25 AM.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I sure feel ya on this. But you know, stacylambert, these things happen. It's part of life--I think everyone faces times when they "drop their guard," see the scale move up, and have to figure out how to recommit.

You know what you need to do. I'm going to say those words so many have heard before--it's a lifestyle change! The challenge is to redefine normal, so that when the going gets tough, good eating habits don't just fly out the window.

What is ONE thing you can commit to doing today that will change your path? Maybe it's--get the junk food out of the house. Maybe getting all your servings of fruits and vegetables. I don't know if you count calories, but maybe writing down everything you eat and totalling it up. Just one action that will help get your head back into it.

Don't be depressed! This path is not about perfection! It's about persistence. Start today--you can do this!

Keep going!
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 12-07-2007 at 07:31 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Yes! Don't forget what you have already accomplished in the shadow of a small set back. Do you still have a pair of jeans you wore at your HW? If so, put them on and remind yourself how strong you have been!
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Great advice! I completely agree. Jump back on now. Even if it means that you "start over" by taking the small steps you need to get back to healthy. Drink your water. Get in a short walk. Add those vegetables. (Not all at once if you don't want ^^) Now that you're conscious of it, you can DO something about it. Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #7  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Good luck girl, I am in the same boat and trying to jump back in where I left off. It's hard but the results are worth it!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the replies everyone

I know I just need to get right back into it. I was planning on it too, then of all the luck I came down with the flu. No gym for me. At least the eating was a little better. Too bad it's not the stomach flu, that would keep me in check

It definitely feels better to have the support on here. I'd like to get more involved on the board again, I've been really hit and miss for awhile. Any suggestions for challenges or anything? I used to do the 20-somethings fitness challenge but haven't stuck with it lately...
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey STACY ~ good to see you here. Sorry you are a little down, you will get through it...just like you did with "swim"! Life is always full of ups and downs...sometimes that 'ol rollercoaster is really rockin' in life and other times it is running pretty smooth.

The great part of where we live is that we can go out just about every day...last friday excluded!...but almost every other day and enjoy the nice weather as we burn off a few calories.

Did you do the Turkey Trot? Angie, my daughter and I did the one in O'side.

Good luck to you dear ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote