South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frigid Friday Chick Chat

Brrrrrr! It's cold! Only the thought of a hot cup of coffee managed to get me out of my nice warm bed.

I'm anxious to see how the day unfolds. Yesterday afternoon Audrey was complaining of a headache and a tingling feeling in her mouth and hands. Later, Cindy called me at home to ask more questions about her, and I could hear Audrey crying in the background. Cindy was going to call the pediatrician, and I told her to call me back, but I haven't heard anything since then. I hope my poor baby is alright!

I'm supposed to take the girls to school this morning, and Maggie has a birthday party to go right after I get her at noon. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, what's happening in your day today?
Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Linda, keep us updated on poor Audrey! Hope Maggie has fun at her party!

Tom's working all weekend, so no yoga for me tomorrow. I'll have to throw on some music and dance with the kids or something to burn some extra calories.

We had crustless quiche for dinner tonight...yum! Oh, Survivor's back on. Gotta run! (We get it a day late...)

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...

Cottage, hope Audrey is on the mend quickly!!!
Kara, I won't tell you who gets voted out. I don't care anymore since poor old James got the boot.

Lots of work to do today...I'm taking the day off tomorrow, so we can take my Mother to St. Francisville for a belated birthday present. The weather is supposed to be great so we decided this was the time.Just going to tour some homes and eat somewhere. We were orignally planning on also doing the b and b bit, but I can't get away from work that long. I have a client who is running a daily sale for the entire month (a different product each day) and I have to be here to code and upload the sale info each morning.

Have a fab day everyone!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-07-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, I have to agree, since James was voted off, Survivor's not the same. I don't really have a favorite, I'm not sure if I like Todd, he's a little coniving, and I really, really, really dislike Amanda. I'm rooting for Denise, she seems to be the most deserving. But I'm not happy with the way the show's going.

St. Francisville looks beautiful! Have a good time touring all those lovely old homes!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

I also was a James fan. I understand why they felt like they had to vote him out, but I was disappointed that he didn't use *one* of the immunity idols he had! I think I'm in Denise's corner for now.

Cat, your trip should be so nice! Have a fun day with your mom!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from cold and snowy Delta. The lads are sure enjoying zipping around in the snowmobiles - they were out last night around mid-night going up and down the road. As soon as the lakes freeze, they'll be out there.

Big news yesterday was that our postmistress's house burned down completely. It was a brand new house that they moved into in November so this will be a complete mystery. I've not talked to Nancy but know everyone got out safely. They are staying with relatives and are in complete shock as you can imagine.

The Sears repairman is supposed to be here this morning so I'd better get cracking and wrap myself around a coffee and maybe even get dressed before he shows. Hershey is still asleep on her bed in the kitchen but it's time to wake her up. Lazy girl! I'm sure she'd like the woodstove lit so she can sleep in the back room.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh dear, Ruth! I hope they figure out what happened with the house fire!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies
It's supposed to rain all day here today with wind gusts up to 70 mph. Should make for a slow commute this morning. FH went to work yesterday and that started out well enough but quickly went down hill. He is going on his interview Monday but wants to see how that goes before he quits.
Cottage I hope Audrey is O.K. and Maggie has a nice time at the party.
Kara Have fun this weekend dancing with the kids. That sounds better than structured excercise anyway.
Ruth I'm glad no one was hurt in the fire but that's terrible news.
Femme Have a great day off tomorrow.
Pacer Thank you so much for the information yesterday. I love what you said about coordination because that has secretly been my concern. I am a huge clutz and I was worried I would not have the coordination to pull it off. But I have downloaded the sessions and will give it a try.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Dawn, I bet you will love yoga! I am so sad I have to miss my class tomorrow. It's become a real staple in my week - calming and it feels so good to stretch!

Kara
Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Kara-
I wanted something to help me relieve stress and all the research I did says this is the way to go. My only worry is I am REALLY clutzy. I fractured my skull getting out of the car once (and that's only one of many stories). But I'm going to give it my best shot. I need more exercise and less stress. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Have a couple of minutes left before I leave for school, so thought I'd post a recipe I came up with yesterday....went over very well.

I took some tilapia filets and "painted" them with a mixture of dijon mustard and lemon juice. Then I dredged them in a lite coating of a mixture of ww flour and creole seasoning. Then I pan fried them in big saute pan with a very small amount of olive oil. After I turned them, I sprinkled terragon, parsley and small pecan pieces on top. Not something I'd have every day because of the flour, but I didn't have any bread at all yesterday. It was yummy and tasted very similar to Trout Meuniere. Served it with a big salad with a variety of vegs in the salad.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-07-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks, frigid Friday is right on for us cottage! I'm dreading the walk to school today. DD is going camping with the Scouts this weekend, I've got to pack lots of warm stuff for her! At least it's heated cabin camping, not tents!

Survivor, I missed last week, so got to catch up last night. Ya know, I was a James fan at first, and then he started saying and doing things that made me think maybe he wasn't such a nice guy after all. And he only had two idols because they were handed to him by stupid people. And then he wasn't smart enough to use them in time. So, I'm not sorry he got voted off. Last night I was trying to figure out who I was actually rooting for anymore, if anybody. Pretty much the only one I'll hate to see win is Todd. Did I mention he's stupid and thinks he's brilliant? I think I'm actually rooting for Pei Ghee right now. She's playing a good game, she's smart, and she's the underdog. Denise disappointed me last night, settling for 4th place after the cool kids instead of shaking things up. A couple of times this season I've wondered if I should even keep watching. And I'm a die-hard Survivor fan.

Cat, have a fun day with Mama and thanks for the recipe! I know I can always count on you!
cottage, hope Audrey is okay!
Ruth, you and Hershey sound so cozy in your little cottage. House fires are my biggest fear. Glad to hear everyone got out okay!
Thinby and Kara, you are inspiring me to try yoga. I used to do it about 20 years ago and loved it. We had a great instructor and she used to guide us into these trance-like states. I don't think I've been that relaxed since. Hope I can find something around here. I am a klutz too, Thinby!

Well, boring work today. I've been taking some online training this week and I feel all hunched over from sitting at the computer so much. I really want to get it done by the end of the today, but I've got a lot left.
Lots on the to-do list today. I want to do some cleaning and laundry, get DD ready for her trip, got some errands to run, and then pizza at grandma's tonight. Phew.
Attached Images
File Type: gif friday.gif (12.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Hot Dog it's friday! We got a light dusting lastnight, just enough to know it snowed. Ok I have seen snow now bring on spring!

Cottage hope Audrey is ok!

Kara Dancing with the kids sounds like a great alternative!

Cat Have fun with your mom!

Ruth Chances are if you didn't get dressed the repairman would show earlier! That is usually the case with me! How scary about the house fire, glad everyone got out ok!

Dawn You are so welcome on the yoga info. I know what you mean about being a klutz, I went through as stage where I fell off the curb, and UP the stairs outside twice and this was all within a couple of months, I thought my knees were never going to heal!

Schmoodle I am with you on survivor, I was happy to see Denise win the reward challenge because unfortunatly I think that is all she is going to win!

Me Had three job applicants yesterday, one coming back in today for a second interview. Looks like we will hire this one. Looking forward to the weekend! Hope you chicks all have a great day!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 12-07-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for no personals this morning as I am feeling sooo under the weather . I weighed in this morning 194.8 so I am maintaining. I hope everyone has a great day. I will try to come back later for personals if I feel any better.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No repairman as yet but he will show! I can't have four pieces of crappy news the same day - three's enough.
1. the enws about Nancy's house
2. friend fell on the ice and has a concussion plus seven stitches
3. husband of a friend has a malfunctioning pacemaker and is in hospital.

That's IT for today thank you, Powers That Be. Enough already! (At least none of it happened to me.)

I may just take Hershey and go back to bed!
Closed Thread