Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat: Thurs. Dec. 6th

Hello all,

I thought I would wish everyone a good day before heading off to work myself. It is really cold here, with windchills in the single digits, so if you are like me ~ bundle up!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!

Lisa, it's very cold here, too. Snowed all afternoon & evening yesterday, but the roads seem to be okay.

Alicia, what I do when I paint (which I've done a TON of in the last few years) is get several swatches of colors I like, then tape them to a wall in the room that's getting painted. Usually I will put them somewhere like near the lightswitch, cause that is usually the wall I will alk past when leaving the room, so I look at it often. I give it a few days, and over those few days my eyes seem to get drawn to certain colors & I can weed out the ones I don't like. This is an old trick my mom (who's an artist) used to use when I was growing up. Hopefully that will help. As for paint, seems like everyone here likes Behr. I've never tried it. I fell in love with Valspar (from Lowe's) several years ago & have never switched. Hey, when you find something you like, why would you, right?? Good luck!!

GG, sorry about your hand, hope it heals quickly. I personally love cats, but can't have one cause DH has allergies, but I grew up with cats. We have a Bichon, and I had heard they have a lot of cat tendencies. It'sfunny cause she loves to sleep on her back & is always perched on the back of the sofa...just like a cat!

Welcome to the newbies!!!

Okay, did the treadmill, down 1.5 lbs from the two I was up -YAY!-

Took Cadence to the ortho yesterday for her turning in foot problem. Luckily he said she just has loose joints, it's from her hips...she will hopefully grow out of it by 8 or 9 years of age. So glad, and I figured it was just something like that, but I wanted to get it checked in case we needed to do something about it. It would be awful if I let it go & found out I should have done something sooner!!! So everything is good with her!

Alright, gotta go shower. Talk later, have a super day, all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...its cold here too...but not in the single digits...brrrr that's cold. Two more days of work and then i have a 4 days weekend WOOOOOHOOOO!!

Hand is looking much better...but the antibiotics are definately killing my stomach (even though i'm taking them with food like told to). But its only for 7 days so i think i can hold out.

Alright guys...off to work!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Girls,

It's cold here too... brrrrrrrr.... Still no snow though:-(. I LOVE to see snow coming down. There is nothing prettier. I just don't like driving in the stuff!

Did St. Nikolaus come to anyone's house last night? He made a stop here. We always grew up with St. Nick coming on the night of December 5th. I think that it must be a Catholic thing though as I had lots of friends that didn't know anything about St. Nikolaus. We put plates out on the table and he brings some fruit, candy and holiday books. The kids were so excited! My little one still doesn't get it and kept asking where the presents were LOL.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Happy Chanakya to you Hanna!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Less then a half inch of snow cause 3 to 4hr commutes yesterday mine was 3hrs when its normally 1hr. So day started at 6am and end at 1am cause it took that long to salt everything.( I do snow ops for the company I work for as well as being mr fix it ). Get home at 2:10 am set the alarm clock on my cell phone and passed out wanting to get up at 7am to head to work again. I get a call at 5:44am asking me to come in. I got to work at 9:20am. And this was only a max amount of 2.25 inchs. Man its really going to suck when the real stuff start. But now I have my sleeping bag and blankets so I can crash at the shop now.

My thoughts and prayers to those affected in NE.

Last edited by Outland; 12-06-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi all,

I am new to the 30 something board.

I will second the BRRR it's cold outside! It is -6 real temp here today. Kind of makes me wish I was still doing South Beach so I could just have chili for breakfast.

At any rate, I did manage to lose almost 3# last week and this time of year that makes me pretty happy. I do need to start exercising again though! I just got this darn cold the kids have had for the last week and my energy level is just not there today. I think I am going to stay home with DD and fold laundry and watch movies with her today.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #7  

Welcome Lori ~ we love having newbies join in!

Hi Lisa ~ whatever happened with the job connected with your church? The other one thru your work sure sounds positive.

Pam ~ down 1.5 lbs ~ yippeee!! You are doing so great especially considering that it's the month of December. I remember when I was pregnant with #1 years ago I gained 13 lbs. during the month of December! Shameful!!! I'm still paying for that... Glad to hear that all is fine with DD.

GG ~ how many times during the course of your career have you had an animal bite you? Do you have to get an antibiotic every time?

BJ ~ how do you stand that traffic??? I'd be so stressed out that I couldn't function. Good luck to you today. At least you can crash at the shop.

My back is doing better each day ~ thank God! We're driving to FIL's the day after xmas and this time we'll be stopping at every single rest stop to stretch and walk around. Those long trips mess up my back every single time.
It helps that I've done practically nothing for the past three days. Later All...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #8  

Hi to all the new folks!

Hanna- You asked if I was still motivated like I was. Unfortunately no I'm not. ATM I just exist and go Thur the motions of living. I'm still eating well but thats about it. I just have too many stresses and I'm filled with a lot of uncertainty. To save myself I've pretty much shut down. I feel overwhelmed and can't find the solution so I shut down till I can find a solution. I just don't know what too....
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
BJ ~ how do you stand that traffic??? I'd be so stressed out that I couldn't function. Good luck to you today. At least you can crash at the shop.
Coffee, good music, and the need to pay the bills
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #10  

hello, hello hello

lisa ~ i dont think it ever gets that cold here....stay warm!

pam ~ great advice on the color choosing...i would have never thought of that..i'll have to remember the next time we paint...good news about candace...i have (had) a foot that turns in...mine still does slightly..i think no one really notices except my trainer...and its not all the time that it does it..its strange but it seems in work type shoes it doesnt but in tennis shoes it does..it is also much more comfortable for me when my foot is turned like when im sitting at my desk i rest my feet on the wheel part and it just goes in...anyway..great news for her

gg ~ hope your hand..and your stomach...get better soon...

joan ~ sounds like fun!..we didnt just because we're having so much going on with marios father passing and all...mario is only 3 and dominic isnt here so i dont feel so bad..little guys are funny sometimes..they think christmas is here now whenever you do something..little mario is funny that way too

lori ~ WELCOME!...i hope your cold goes away soon

john ~ HANG IN THERE!

well...gotta go finish getting ready for work, yippee (sarcasm)...have a great day everyone..drive safe and stay warm!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

John, Hang in there! People just completely lose their minds when it snows! It's ridiculous.

Lori & TJJ,

GG, OUCH! Darn cat! Hope you don't have much pain.

Pam, Glad everything went well at the ortho.

I'm down .2 this AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, thanks for the tip. I just have a hard time 'cause I will get a paint chip at the store and then get home and can't stand it. That's funny your dog sleeping on the back. My puppies lay on their back sometimes when they are in the crate. They also like to lay on their stomach with legs out both ways like they are flying, its too cute.

John, I don't know what your refering to "those in NB"? I hope you regain your motivation soon.

Joan, I have never heard of that tradition before. Glad the back is feeling better. How far is the trip to your fil?

Christina, you still enjoying your job?

Lori, welcome!

I am pretty snowed it here. The kiddos are out of school so I took the day off. Figured it would be good cause I would have more time to pack. I'm worried I wont be finished by the time DH comes tomorrow. Of course, being in the house for 2 days is driving me nuts so I am gonna try and go out this afternoon.

On the weightloss front, I gained another two lbs. I was P***ed off. So, on top of the 6 lbs, I'm almost back to my starting weight.

Last edited by lois lane; 12-06-2007 at 11:52 AM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #13  

Alicia ~ Is DH coming tomorrow to move you? Will you have other help or just do it in trips between now and the end of the year? FIL lives in Oklahoma so it's about a 5 hour drive. Don't get too down about the weight gain. You have a lot going on and much of it is probably due to stress eating. You can concentrate on it once you get settled in your new home. How are your kids doing? Are they excited about the move or apprehensive?

BJ ~ your notes make me chuckle. Yep, bills to be paid is a pretty darn good motivator!! I went into our local coffee shop this a.m. and bought $70 worth of gift cerfiicates to give to teachers. Can't go wrong with coffee;-).

Christina ~ little ones are so darn cute this time of year! Every morning while I'm getting ready I hear my little one get up (she always wakes up earlier than the two older kids) and trots downstairs. She then comes back upstairs and into my bathroom to announce, "Santa didn't come last night." Every single morning now for the last two weeks ~ so sweet.

Lauren ~ I'm glad that you're down again today. You're going to drive yourself nutso Girl! I used to weigh daily and it tends to discourage me more than motivate me. I have a good friend though that weighs herself daily and she swears that it helps keep her in check. Continued good luck!!

Time to go pick up DD from school for an afternoon doctor appointment. Later Gators ~ Joan
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Alicia, I think John means NE, for Nebraska.

Joan, I was just sitting here pondering teacher gifts. I have to get for Robby's head teacher, asst. teacher, and 1 afternoon aide. Then for Peter, I have to get for his head teacher, and at least 1 asst./aide. But I know there are more of them, I just don't know to what extent they fit in?? Before I realized how cheap I was being, I got the head teacher a 25. gift card for Target, and the aide a 5. DD card. I don't think I can afford to give them all $25. gift cards though!

Oh, BTW, my MIL got a gift card for DD from one of her students (she teaches 4th) and she gave it to me. She doesn't drink much coffee. My DH doesn't drink coffee either, so while I agree with you about "you can't go wrong with coffee", it's not necessarily so! (What's the matter w/those people anyway?!)

Alicia, I'm not necessarily set on Behr, it just happens to be Home Depot's store brand, and HD is closer to me than Lowe's! I actually prefer Benjamin Moore. I say pick out a whole bunch of colors and bring them home...you're bound to like one of them!

Christina
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #15  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone. I was MIA yesterday, not a good start for a newbie But I had no kids yesterday, except my own, and had a ton of errands to do. But I was able to squeeze in lunch with DH. We went to Olive Garden, and I got soup and salad, but did eat 3 breadsticks. But considering I wanted they yummy alfredo pasta, I am proud of myself.

Pam~ my oldest DS has the same thing as your DD. He is now 12 and his still turn in a little bit, but the Dr. said the same thing, loose joints. It doesn't seem to affect him to badly.

I like the paint idea, we are thinking about painting in here, much to DH's dismay. I will have to try that tip!

Well I have a house full of kiddos and need to get moving, I'll check back later, skinny vibes to you all this morning!
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote