Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Stay At Home Mom's # 42

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, as we restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM's #41 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives. We are glad that you are here!

Spryng
Old 04-25-2002, 03:56 PM   #2  

I know jackie and Ginny are busy people and hate threads over 2 pages long... so I started the new one. Hope nobody minds

I'm excited to hear how those on the challenge are doing on their first day!! I hope you are doing well. Just remember that day one and two are always the hardest. Well until ketosis sets in and then it get easier.
My day is going ok. Potty training isn't going so well but I'm not about to give up. She hasn't gone once in the potty yet but I know it will happen in time.
I had hamburger patties for lunch with mustard to dip them in. Not the greatest of meals but it was filling and my kids love hamburger meat. I'm making pork chops for dinner and steamed broccoli.
Well, guess I need to get off here. Talk to you later!!
Old 04-25-2002, 05:41 PM   #3  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good evening!

I'm doing really well staying OP! I really thought it would be harder.

Lunch= 3 eggs scrambles... water

Dinner= 1 steak in worchestershire sauce
slaw (1 1/2c cabbage 1 pk sweet n low 1 tbsp mayo)
lemonaide

Not bad, huh? No chocolate, I might be able to do this?! I dusted off the george forman grill and began grilling. Dh commented "back on the adkins" I just giggled alittle. We never use the grill unless I'm "low carbing". He likes it tho, he's a meaty kinda guy!

Spryng~ Did you read about Jewel? She had an accident on her Bf ranch. It was mentioned on the view today. I haven't had time to really catch the details. Thanks for starting the new thread too. I felt bad because we filled the other so fast. I know this one will fill fast too. The only way I can stay OP on Adkins is to post alot and tell everyone what I am eating.....

Sorry In Advance To Everyone else.

Also my begining weight is 121#.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:12 AM   #4  

hello everyone I am doing much better!! I cant wait to get on the scale(always had issues with that). lol Looks like everyone is doing great! that's a good thing! I stayed Op, and the day was pretty good, rained a little. gotta do tae bo 2 tape 2 tomorrow, it looked pretty good when I scanned it. Well talk to you all later. I am feeling much better,!!

Latisia
Old 04-26-2002, 07:47 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone
Doing good so far .. Too early thou to think of food but I havent made coffee yet ..I admit the headache is starting I am used to having 4 cups of the stuff in me by now..Been drinking water thou, bottled sams choice purifed water
Hubby just found out he will be going to day shift effective Monday morning..This weekend we have plans to go out to get away from the house and everything.. It will do us good to get out..
The snow that they forcasted last night came and melted already we had base ball size flakes ( I kid you not I was shocked I have never seen big flakes like that it looked like a cotton factory exploded..)
Just so you all know I wont be posting this weekend.. Besides getting out of the house I need to fix something on my PC ..Both the A drive and CDrom drives are TOAST so I know I can do the A drive without a problem..
Well just so you all know the kitty in my Avatar that pic next to my name) is my Bingo..Tyson still isnt used to us but I think I will be locking me and him in a room so he can get used to and trust me..
Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-26-2002, 08:22 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Just a quick check in. Spryng thanks for starting a new thread.
As for me, I hate more than on page or so because a lot of the time I get on here for a precision hit- and have no time to go thru the pages. My computer is not extremely fast, so it takes a while page thru.
Good to hear that y'all are doing ok out there. No walk yet for me, I hope to get one in at lunch time, and maybe post more then too!
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 04-26-2002, 11:22 AM   #7  

Thumbs down

Hello all,
I'm a SAHM in AZ, I started WW 6 weeks ago. I've lost 11 pounds so far. I have two children, 3 yrs and 5 months. I've enjoyed reading all of the posts here on this board.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:33 PM   #8  

Welcome Newbbie To Our Little Thread We love to see a new face around here!!!Glad to see your post and I hope you stick around and post more often!!!
Tgirl I am sure your weight will be good.. I used to be a sufferer from scaleaphobia so I know how you feel.. Now I just sufferer from mirror-aphobia (the fear of looking in a mirror)
ECMom I am sure you will get that walk in today..
Spryng I am still TRYING to keep up to OP on that challenge.. But I will be honest , the caffeine thing might be my downfall.. Right now I am suffering the WORST headache one could ever have and I know it is due from lack of caffiene..(in fact the moniter is hurting my eyes due to brightness and I have to wear my prescription sunglasses to read even the paper..) I hope that I can do this if not I hope you all can forgive me..

Well all I am off to ly down a bit to rest this weary head of mine

Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-26-2002, 03:13 PM   #9  

Hey everyone, my day is good so far, went walking followed up with tae bo, and a quick weight session, feeling good!! How is everyone doing, ?? I am op, waiting for..tommorrow, Feel great today. unlike yesterday!! Well just checking in gotta run to some stores, take care all!!oh yeah, welcom Newbbie!!!

Latisia
Old 04-26-2002, 03:15 PM   #10  

Ok girls, I have some bad news. I'm sick. very sick. I started feeling naucious the night I started atkins. But yesterday it escalated and I'm having troubled keeping anything down. No fever, just stomach problems. So needless to say I'm trying some broth today and hopefully that helps. I feel so bad that I'm not going to be able to do this challenge when it was my idea and all. Can anyone say "failure". ??????????????????
Sheila, don't quit because of the caffiene. there is a part in the book that says if you are addicted to caffeine (which clearly you are) to wean yourself from it. Drink a small glass of diet coke (make sure it says no carbs) and see if that helps. Or whatever 'diet' caffeinated product you like that is carb free. Most diet sodas are carb free. Caffeine won't kill the diet. Atkins just doesn't recommend it like he doesn't reccommend sugar. Not because it will keep you from losing weight but because there is no nutritional value to it. So have a little caffeine. Not 4 cups of coffee, but enough to ease your headache. But it sounds like you need off of it anyway since your body is so dependent on it.
Girls, I can't tell you how awful I feel. (not just physically) I feel like I'm never going to get these last 10 lbs off. And now I feel like I failed Ginny, Sheila, and Misty on the low carb plan for two weeks. I'm not even sure why I am sick at all. I had no real warning signs. What do I do now?? Go back to low cal??? ugh... I need to think. I'll check back in later.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry

I'm back again!

First of all: Welcome, Newbbie!
Did you post somewhere before, like maybe last year? I'm sure I heard the username "Newbbie" here not too long ago.
Congratulations on losing 11#! That is a great accomplishment with a 2nd born & just after having a baby!
I'm glad that you enjoy reading all our posts here. I have a friend that moved to AZ @ the beginning of the school year. She lives in Anthem, AZ. It's a new town on the map if you can believe this. It's kind of neat because EVERYTHING is new in her town. New schools with a new school district, new stores, new health club & so on. Nothing like disappearing into a new town, huh? I've been on the WW program on & off for a few years now. I'm kind of following the program with the points, but generally am following the Fit For Life program. I've lost 14# since Easter on the FFL program. A little about me: I've been married to my DH, Gary for almost 18 years. We have 2 children; ds, Kevin is 13 y/o & dd, Kaitlyn is 8. We have a 7 y/o cat named Klarabelle & a 2.5 y/o goldfish named Charlie. DD & I would love a dog, but DH & DS will not allow it!~ Come & post with us anytime! Spryng: Thanks for starting a new thread, as I don't mind a bit & agree with Ginny about a 1 or 2 pager being enough. I also have a slow computer! I'm sorry that the Atkins program is not working out for you right now & that you are feeling ill. Don't feel like a failure, as you are so... close to your goal. If you haven't added aerobic exercise to your plan yet, this should do it! Without getting on my bike for an hour p/day, I don't think that I would have lost this much wt. in such a short time. Did you take my advice & take a 2nd pregnancy test yet? Latisia: I'm glad to hear that your program is working out for you & can notice the difference. How's the Tae Bo 2 tape coming along for you? So what's the news with DH? It sounds like you're filling the time in quite nicely while he is gone. Are you still feeling lonely? You seem to be in great spirits lately!

Last edited by Freckles; 04-26-2002 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:41 PM   #12  

Thanks jackie for the encouragement. I'm starting to feel better. The broth stayed down. No I didn't take a 2nd PT. I think the first one was accurate. I'm not having any other signs. But thank you so much for caring!!! And you are right about the exercise. i should stop fighting with diet after diet and just get off my butt and exercise!!! I plan on some tonight. maybe not aerobics but definitely something to get my heart rate up for 20 minuted or so.
I am so sorry for not welcoming Newbbie!!! It's great that you have joined our thread. I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm Spryng (that is my real name) I'm 22 and have two kids DD (2) and DS (1) they are 11 months apart. I'm married to a wonderful man for 4 years now. Just had our anniversary on the 4th of this month. and I'm battling my weight like the rest of you. I'm 10 lbs away from my goal and I seem to be stuck. But the women on this thread are like best friends to me. And I know they'll see me, you, and the rest of us through to our goals! So welcome and tell us some more about yourself. Oh and congrats on the 11 lb loss!! Do you mind if I ask your stats? I'm one of those who like to know where everyone is at in their struggle and where they want to go.
Well girls. This day feels like it has lasted forever. And it's only 3:30!! I need to start thinking about dinner for the kidos and something my stomach might be able to handle.
Sorry Misty, I didn't answer your question. No I didn't hear about Jewel. What kind of accident was it? If you hear anything else let me know. She is a great singer. I just love her music. And don't feel bad about posting your daily meny here. I like to see what all everybody is eating. Gives me ideas for meals too!!
Talk to you all later!!
Old 04-26-2002, 05:59 PM   #13  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good evening! Hope you are all ready for the weekend!!!!

Spryng~ YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!!!! Sorry for shouting! In my tiny little opinion, I think you should get back on it. I fell off the Adkins almost 4x the first time. And anyhow, you are sick. It will pass. When you are better, try again. Unless you think the diet made you sick? Like you said this diet will do it.
I haven't heard anymore about Jewel. I suppose she is fine. I think she was trown by a horse.

Sheila~ Your kity is verrrry cooot! Awww I love cats. Hope your head eased up.

Newbietoww~ Welcome! Congratulations on yur loss!

Jackie~ I just wated to tell you again, Congratulations on the 14# loss! How's the plan going?

T-girl~ I'm glad you got your issues worked out. I wanted to coment before but didn't want to put you on the spot. You can pm me anytime you need a friend, okay. How's the tae bo? My sister is doing a tape too. She has had super results and says she can tell her tush is getting tighter.

Ginny~ Hope you got our walk in at lunch! How are ya doing? Did you get back OP?

Gemini~ Hope you are doing great and staying OP!

And me....
Breakfast= 2 breakfast steaks (they were small) and one over med egg

Lunch= oops, sorda skipped! I grabbed a steak and cheese dried thing at the gas station and a diet rite

Dinner= one rib eye and a salad with cheese and low fat ranch

lots of water but not enough.
last night I ate half of a chicken breast before I went to bed.

I'm sticking to it! The family is having pizza movie night and I wasn't tempted! Wohooooo! I think I can, I think I can!

Have a great weekend girls!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

My Continued post...

There, I'm back again! My Mom came over, so I had to stop posting for awhile. I see Spryng snuck in the middle of the posts & am glad that she is feeling better! Misty: Glad to hear that you're doing so well OP! So...you watch the view,huh? Do you have a favorite on the show? I think that Star Jones is mine. I like them all, but i think they talk too "dirty" once in awhile. And for your posting what you ate, I don't mind a bit & Spryng took the words right out of my keyboard!
Wow! You're only 6# from goal-good for you!! 115# seems light to me, just how tall are you anyways? I could only dream to be 115#. I looked pretty good @ 125#, so this will probably be my lowest. Good luck, you can do it!! Sheila: Congrats on the twin kitty's! Mine is crying in the background right now! Nice picture of Bingo-very pretty! As for the caffeine-gradually wean yourself from it! I'm not sure how much protein you have during the day but-protein is the culprit to making you feel drowsy. Maybe save it for later in the day. I hope you have a great weekend getaway. And for the mirror-aphobia: Did you watch Oprah yesterday? (Thursday) I hope your headache stays away for the weekend, if not-you know how to handle it, don't you? Ginny: Hope you were able to get your walk in today. So...Is the prom this weekend already &
where does dd stand with her dress? Well, you didn't write much for this thread yet, so I don't know what else to say to you, but-thanks for missing me while I was away from the thread this week. It feels good to be missed! I'm so happy to be done with the G.S. bridging & all the work that goes along with it. Now-I sure wish that I had a cleaning fairy over at my house for the 2nd floor, as it's trashed! Well gals, I have to get going & go get our Fish Fry's. (A tradition here in WI on a Friday night!) Only part is, I can only eat the fish with the FFL plan, which is okay with me, as this is my favorite part of the meal! Have a great weekend everyone & I'm sorry if I missed anyone. I love you all!! Jen: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to miss greeting you. How's it going?
I promise to post more to you later.

Last edited by Freckles; 04-26-2002 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #15  
SAHM Cheerbabe

I'm just checking in, I'm on my way to bed and I have a fairly busy weekend so I may not get a chance to post.

Jackie~ I'm 5'3" and still at 121#. Was a fairly small person before I became pregnant. I stayed around 105-110#. My body has changed ALOT since then tho. It seems 115# will feel comfortable. I feel pretty good now. I'd like to give myself a little leway to maintain. I always yoyo 5# for some reason. I've never been able to maintain an exact weight. So between 115 and 120# seems like a safe reasonable weight. Hope the fairies came to clean house. Send `em my way when they finsh.

Nighty Nite!
Misty
Closed Thread