Old 12-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #1  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Default It's a fine line between the old ways and the new

Last edited by jordan; 01-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

No she isn't. The new Jordie WILL win this contest. Proof? She will go get that cheesecake and throw it in the trash. She is strong. She is powerful. She is your future. Now, get out there - you have a closet to clean!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #3  

You've lost 70lb? Dust yourself off. I think you'll make it. Keep posting. We don't mind rants here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I say there has to be something causing this. Jillian Michaels talked about this on her radio show Sunday (Which I just listened to today, thanks to on demand internet). There is something, you just have to dig deep, drag it out, and beat it.

Could it be you are somehow afraid of failure? That you are getting more attention and it is uncomfortable for you? That you are so afraid, maybe so convinced, that you will put it all back on that somewhere inside you are going ahead to make that happen?

There is something behind this...throw the cheesecake away, get a notebook and start writing. Or go for a long jog in the morning and think hard. Whatever lets your mind go to work, get busy figuring this out. I really, really believe there is something there you just haven't uncovered yet.

I have had binges I thought were for no reason at all, but I write my thoughts out and end up writing things I didn't even know I felt. i am petrified of attention turned toward me and tend to self-sabotage once others start to notice...thus why I knocked off 30 lbs, just enough to get comments and questions, then started putting it back on. I uncovered that after a very long binging week and it has been different for me ever since.

we can do this...that cheesecake is NOT what you need.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 12-04-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yah I say that NEW jordie kicks the OLD chickie's *** at the gym tomorrow and the rest of the week hehehe put her in her place!!! sit down and shut up OLD ME!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Old Heather and New Heather have frequent wars. Old Jordan may win an occasional batter (Old Heather does), but that doesn't mean she's going to win the war!!!!

Steel yourself for battle against her! See if you can figure out what makes her appear (Old Heather tends to appear during stress times). How can you arm yourself against her???

New Jordan is stronger than she realizes!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Old Amanda DOES win some battles, sometimes. BUT - I second what everyone else said - New Amanda not ONLY won the war, she learned what brings old Amanda out and learned new tricks for future battles. And you will too!

And honestly, think about how many times New Jordan has kicked Old Jordan's butt already? Quite a few times, I'd wager, to have lost 70 lbs! So she has done, and will do again, and each time Old Jordan wins a battle, New Jordan will learn new tricks for defeating her.

to you
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #8  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Thank you all for your comments. The remaining junk food has been properly disposed of and I am ready to return to battle tomorrow. I love this site, thank you again for your kind/honest replies. -New Jordan

Last edited by jordan; 12-05-2007 at 01:08 AM.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I get worried about the old and new BattleAx, too. So far the new BattleAx prevails most of the time, but when she doesn't, I'm scared out of my mind.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh boy do I hear you. I wonder if I will never, ever do away with old Robin.

Funny thing is, I hadn't heard from her too much while I was in the losing portion of my journey, but then this thing called maintenance came along - and there she was. Back. Back. Back.

I think these things are going to happen from time to time. It's just the way we are. It's great though that you recognized the behavior and were upset by it.

Rest assured that New Jordan is healthier, happier, waaaay smarter and has learned so much now and knows just how to handle old Jordan and knows how to keep her at bay - majority, make that LARGE majority of the time. Old Robin peeks her head in every now and then - but like has already been said, New Robin wins out MOST of the time - and ya know what - that's good enough.

Glad you are feeling better. I hope to be hearing lots more from you Jordan, mostly NEW, occasionally old.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Everyone else has already said it all, but I just have to add: old Jordan is NOT the real you. You get to choose who you are, which you've already done by losing all that weight and giving yourself a new life. You'll make mistakes, as we all do, but that doesn't change who you've become.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

So funny, isn't it? You are sailing along, feeling so strong and invincible, and all of a sudden it's like you have a split personality that takes over your body and does something horrifying. Except you are aware of going on, and screaming at yourself the whole time, to no avail!
I think old Jordan and new Jordan are the same person. Old Jordan has taught herself some new tricks, but sometimes reverts to the old habits. The new tricks are habits by now too, though. As somebody said, there is a reason for this, but I'm not big on introspection, so I have no clue what that reason is for me, and probably never will. You may have more success there than me. But you are doing great and your new habits will win out over the old. We just have to keep on going, despite our hiccups! Hang in there!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #13  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

I really messed up today too Old selves suck. Let me know what you said to yours to get her the h*#@ out.(at least for the moment)
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I say, give yourself a secret fighting ninja name. And when Old Jordan comes knocking, you can say, "Jordan don't live here no more!" And send out your ninja of fat kickin' doom.

Girl, you may not have won this battle, but you're winning the war. And that is ALL that matters.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote