South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:14 AM   #1  

Default Hump Day Happenings

Rise N Shine! Cawfee awaits!
Gosh, ran through yesterdays daily thread... Hope all you sick chicks start to feelin better right soon
Femme: You are our Chef Chick thats for sure -- so many new and interesting recipes!
LC - I havent even started my holiday shopping hopefully this weekend....
We're all moved into our new nest here in Nerth Caroliner! less than a month from offer to move in.. and thankfully all the service providers did what they were suppose to when they were suppose to! Miracles never cease! Needless to say, I'm sore and tired, and drowning in boxes, but at least this is our home for the next 10 or so years!
My eating has been craptacular... Time to get back to the beach
Time for a refill and to get to work! Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schatzi, so happy you are all moved in. NC is so beautiful. My sister lives in Winston and we love to go visit them...always something fun going on there.

I haven't started my shopping either. Our family(s) stopped exchanging presents years ago...We just got together for big dinners instead (before the storm) So now my holiday shopping consists of writing 3 checks...one to each of my (grown) kids...that's what they want, that's what they get. Have to get a Victoria's secret gift card for my youngest son's girlfriend and for my daughter's boyfriend, I bought him a domain name and will put a site together for him when my daughter gets me all the information for it. He's a personal trainer so it may be helpful to get him more clients since they moved in July.

Nothing special happening here today. I thought it was Saturday when I woke up. sigh. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with some chicken cutlets is about as exiting as it gets.

Have a great productive day, Chickens!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad your move went smoothly, Schatzi. Do you have some time off work to settle in? I hope you'll be very happy in your lovely new home.

I'm feeling so much better today. I think I must have flushed my cold away with all the hot tea and soup I had yesterday. I have a few more presents to wrap and put under the tree, so I'll get that done this morning. I only have 2 more gifts to buy, then I'll be done except for little stocking stuffers. This weekend is set aside to do a little baking. I've already warned everyone that I'm not baking as much this year. Just pizzelles, biscotti, and a couple of Jake's favorite cookies. That's it.

Time to refill my cup, anyone want to join me?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Chicks
Schatzi Glas you're all moved in. I hope you love your new place.
Femme I love your shopping. We do a family name draw and they still can't get that right. I'm thinking next year just cards.
Cottage I actually got all of my cards out yesterday. You and Laurie inspired me so I put that first on the list.
Me I stayed OP again yesterday and now I'm just a few days away from Ph2. We find out today if FH still has a job. There was a problem yesterday but he finally told me last night there have been problems all along. No matter how badly we may need the money I told him to put in his 2 weeks today and we'll figure it out. Nobody should have to work in a such a bad environment.
Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks!

Schatzi, it's good to see you back on the forum again! I missed your peppy morning greetings. Congrats on being moved in and good luck getting yourself unpacked!

Cat, hope you find a stellar chicken recipe. Sorry I can't help - no chicken for me!

Linda, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Dawn, hope the work situation works out for your husband!

I had a busy day! Tom was home today so I took off early afternoon for the gym, which was a nice mid-week treat! I got in some time on the elliptical and half of a toning class before I had to shower and head to AWANA. It's nice to have a bit of time to myself every now and again.

Have a happy Hump Day!

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning chicks! We are getting a pretty snowfall here this morning. It's only just started though, so the kids will be disappointed that there is no school delay, but I'm not! They're predicting a few inches for us, so hopefully enough to break out the snow pants and boots and play in later.
DD's performance last night went very well. The whole thing was very cute and she did a great job and got many compliments. DH had to laugh because the theme was Christmas around the world, and when they did France, he said he didn't recognize any of the traditions!
Today looks about as exciting as yesterday - work, catch up on laundry, do some cleaning. DS has a project due tomorrow, so we'll be working to finish that up tonight. I've got some frozen crabmeat and claws I picked out last fall, so I may break those out and make some soup today.

Schatzi, glad to hear your move went smoothly, That truly is a miracle!
Cat, I would miss buying presents. As all the nieces and nephews become teens, cash is what they wish for, and I oblige. But it's kind of depressing...
cottage, so glad your cold is over! Sometimes they can really hang on! I'm trying to decide what cookies I'll attempt this year. I've got two cookie exchanges to go to, so I'll have to do some baking. I want to try the chocolate-cherry truffles from the SB Taste Of Summer cookbook, and I've got a recipe for some fig and walnut balls that are really yummy, but they have Rice Krispies too, so not on plan. I can't decide if I should try to make some treats that I can eat, or just cookies for the kids and try to stay away completely. I know I'll overdo even on legal treats! I used to make biscotti every year for gifts, yummm...
ThinbyJune, hope all turns out well with DH's job. Maybe there is something better waiting for him!
Kara, sounds like you had a nice day!

I am happy that I've been completely on plan since Saturday night's Tiramisu, and I haven't peeked at the scale once. I definitely think I deserve a reward for that! Well, I think today is a two coffee day, before I have to brave the snow for the walk to school! Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-05-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #7  

Cat, You thought it was Saturday? It must have been quite disappointing to find out it was only Wednesday! How about some nice Chicken Piccata with those cutlets?

THIN, I hope everything goes well for your FH! Hopefully, he'll find a good job that he really enjoys soon.

Kara, It's always nice to get a little "me" time all to yourself.

Looks like it's getting ready to snow. It is in the forecast for later today, but most of it is supposed to go south of us and we may end up with just a coating, if any. I'll be on the road a lot today, so I'm hoping it completely misses us. I'm such a wimp about driving in snow or ice!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, I'm so glad to hear your daughter's program went well! Good luck figuring out what to do with the cookies.

Kara
Old 12-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #9  

Schmoodle, looks like your snow is heading in our direction! I would enjoy it if I could just stay home. I'm glad your DD's concert went well. She must have a lovely voice if she was selected to do a solo! I wish I could get away with just giving money for gifts, it would be so much easier. But the argument here is that no thought goes into giving money. Me, I'd much rather get money or gift cards so I could buy exactly what I want instead of something that is just pretty but not useful. I got Caitlyn a few things for her stocking, but for her big gift she's getting money,(whether she likes it or not), since she's going to France in March.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back later. My day just got away from me and I'm running to catch up!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chickies! Well the snow missed us altogether. Waiting to hear from my son who is 3 hours north of us. Listening to the news today he got anywhere from 4-6 inches! Also heard that we are supposed to be in the 60s by the 20th, doesn't look like a white christmas for us.

Schatzi Glad everything went well with the house. Here's wishing you all the will power needed to get through the holidays and deal with unpacking!

Cat Oh what a let down that must have been to realize it was Wed!

Cottage I have to start thinking about what I am going to bake this year. Will for sure make peanut butter balls (or buckeyes as some people call them) and sugar cookies. They were a staple growing up and the family now expects them!

Thin Hope things go with DH today. What a time of year to be faced with that decision but I agree with you about not needing to be in a bad situation.

Kara Glad you got your "me time". I think that is so important for a moms sanity!

Schmoodle The teens are so hard to buy for! Gosh half the time I don't get it right for my own let alone others!

Me Looks to be a rather slow day at work. December is not a good month in the mortgage business and that makes for a cranky boss.

So I have been in this rather "thoughtful" mood this week and watching The Biggest Loser last night got me thinking. "What have you done today to make yourself proud?" Granted today is the 5th but for the rest of month my goal everyday is to be able to answer that question with something beyond eating clean, getting my veggies, and yoga which I am supposed to be doing anyway. Anyone care to join in?

Alright enough of my deep thoughts. Have a great day chicks!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good cold morning everyone! No snow here but temps are in the 40's.

Schatzi Welcome Home! Glad your all moved in. I hope you enjoy your new place and you make lots of wonderful memorys.

Cottage glad your feeling better. Be careful out on those streets today.

Dawn hope everything works out for your FH

Schmoodle I'm glad your daughter did great. Bundle up and stay warm

Stephanie that is s great idea and it makes for alot of motivation in all areas of life

Femme, Kara & Ruth I hope you all have a great and OP day

I have been having the worst sweet tooth the past two days (I think it's that time) and lastnight I wasn't such a good girl I made a home made banana split (banana, natural peanut butter, 2 fudgesicles, cool whip & crushed 2 south beach peanut butter cookies on top) It was soooo good - definately better than any other banana split I've ever had.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

lol, Ruth, the first time I read your post, I read "my dad just got away from me and I'm running to catch up." Did you ever watch that BBC show, Keeping Up Appearances? Made me think of Hyacinth and her Dad. BTW, I remember you mentioned Flylady the other day. I tried flying for a while, unfortunately it didn't stick, but I did learn a few good habits that I've maintained. However, my sink is rarely shiny when I go to bed. She has some good tips though, if a little saccharine.
Gonnabe, that banana split sounds too good to be legal!
Pacer, I'll give it some thought!
cottage, thanks, I do think she has a pretty voice (unbiased opinion, of course). The gift thing is a big debate in my family. I am a gift giver rather than money, except for the teens. I also hate it when I'm given an itemized wish list, kind of like an order form, and I'm not expected to deviate at all (I'm thinking of my oldest DD here). I love to try and come up with original ideas and surprises for people. Sometimes I miss the mark, but sometimes I come up with something great that they never would have thought of. I kind of think if we "place an order" with each other, or exchange cash, what's the point? Wouldn't it be easier then to keep our own cash and buy exactly what we want? To me gift giving should be a fun experience for the receiver AND the giver. But that's just my opinion and I think I may be the minority. I know I am in my family!
Where in France will Caitlyn be visiting? Is it a school trip?

Poor DH is still struggling with the lights. He got them all up finally, in the wind, yesterday. They looked lovely until the fuze in the string blew again. He's going to try a bigger fuze this time, so he's out there in the snow right now, cursing...
At least the cat is keeping him company. We have a young cat that loves to play in the snow. He's so excited today, out there running around and jumping, so strange for a cat. Unfortunately as a result, he'll be laid up on the couch later on today, lame. He got shot in the back with a pellet last year, and was paralyzed from it for a month or so, until the swelling went down. Now he gets lame when he's out in the cold too long, so I'd better get him in soon.

Okay, enough of the yak-yak, off to work!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-05-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Wow, ladies! Another chatter-ful day on the beach!

Schatzi: So glad you got moved in. I love NC as well. We haven't been in a while, but my dad's family is from Maiden and Lincoln. What a miracle that all the service people were on time! My goodness!

Cat: I'm glad I didn't wake up thinking it was Saturday! That would have been disappointing! Sounds like an easy time for Christmas gifts for you. I think our families are headed in the same direction.

Cottage: Great job getting rid of that cold! I'm going to do a little baking this weekend as well. Not sure what yet. Our office Christmas party is next Monday and I need to bring something.

Dawn: I agree with you - it really sucks for anyone to be in a job they don't like! I hope it all works out well! Great job on P1 so far!

Kara: How great that you got some good workout time in! You really are the exercise queen of the beach, you know that?!

Schmoodle: Good to hear that DD's performance went well last night. I bet you were beaming with pride! Hope that DH gets those lights worked out. I told my DH about your DH's problems and he was very sympathetic!

, Ruth! Have a great day!

Stephanie: How's the veggie intake for the day? I'm having a big salad for lunch, some celery for a snack, and sauteed peppers and some steamed green beans for dinner. I think that should cover it. And as for your question, the thing I did today was get out of bed and get to work. I'm proud of that since I'm still not feeling well, but I knew I needed to get back to the office!

GonnaBe: Well, if you're going to have a sweet tooth, I guess that's the way to cure it!! Sounds yummy! Hope you have a great day!

Me: I was finally able to get up and get to work today. It feels good to be back in the office, but I'm still not 100%. Oh well. So much stuff going on today...pick up dry cleaning, head to the store for wrapping supplies, wrap some gifts that need to be mailed tomorrow, get some bills paid and I'm going to do a short workout after work to see where my breathing is. Sheesh. Oh well. Once I get it done, it's done, right?

Other than that, things are going well. I'm just trying to keep up with my meds and hope that all of this illness will be gone by Saturday morning. If I'm feeling better we're going to go up north and cut down our Christmas tree. I can't wait for that. (I just need to figure out where to put it!!)

~Kim
Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats and welcome to your new home, Schatzi! A friend of mine moved during the holiday season a couple years ago. She threatened to wrap her boxes and give them to the kids as gifts! (then, of course, they had to put the stuff in them away) I think it's a good idea!

Wow, Cat, your Christmas shopping is super-easy, you lucky chick! Do you have plans to resume the big dinners now that the storm has passed? Chicken cutlets scream "Chicken Picatta" to me. I love those capers! ( I swear I wrote this before I read Cottage's post...Cottage, great minds think alike, eh? )

I'm in the middle of my wrapping, Cottage. Sounds like you're nearly done! DH baked our first batch of cookies last night--lemon drops, SBD-style--and they were delish! I put them in the freezer after consuming two or I knew they'd call to me.

Dawn, what a great spouse you are! I've worked in terrible environments before and it meant the world to me when DH supported me in getting out of them. I do believe that something else will come up.

Kara, I hear you on the gym and getting "me" time. Hope you get more!

Schmoodle, I'm so envious of your evening! Spending time watching kiddos you love in school plays and concerts is just SO much fun! I'm so glad DD did well. Sure DS will do well with his project, too. I was so excited when I read about your cookies with the rice krispies! I was thrilled last year when I found an SBD-safe Rice Krispy substitute at our Wegman's! They are made from brown rice and have very little sugar (in the form of brown rice syrup). Yummidy-yum-yum-yum! It's made by a company called Erewhon and is called Crispy Brown Rice Cereal. Maybe you can use them for your cookies? Bet they'll taste greant!

Me:
I think I'd be pretty sad if I didn't have people to shop for at Christmas. It's the one time where I truly get more pleasure from giving than receiving! It's SO much fun to figure out what will make someone really smile. I was brought up with the "money means you didn't put thought/effort into it" thing, plus we usually had very little money, so my parents were afraid that if we bought a gift cert, it would be clear that we couldn't afford much. I agree, though, getting a gift cert is sometimes the bestest gift of all! I love getting them! I think what's really neat is when people combine some personal stuff with the gift cert--I heard that Ruth's making pretty little fabric bags for gift cards. That's a great idea!

It's snowing here...steadily and getting thicker and thicker as time goes on. I'm at work and thrilled to have a window to watch it. I don't think I'll every get over my love affair with snow. 9 years ago we moved to NY after an entire life of California livin'. I'd seen snow exactly twice before that. I've never gotten tired of it here, though I really hate ice! I just hope everyone stays safe.

Off to the gym after work. I'll try to wrap the last couple of presents I have and then go to my mood and food class. DH is making a pork/ww noodle stirfry for dinner from Cooking Light. It's made with Teriyaki sauce and I couldn't find a SF one. I looked for one with the least sugar and told him to thin it down with SF maple syrup, soy sauce, etc. I hope it works out okay and doesn't make me crave. It's hard to find fast meals for these busy, busy times!

Hope everyone has a warm, fun, safe day!
Closed Thread