Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #279

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - I started this new thread just for you, lol. When there's a new thread, though, I think we each go back and read the last one from where we left off. It's easy to do that here, since we have our own little world, and the old thread doesn't move down very far. Anyway, please tell us about your trip, and your birthday.

Trish - do you ever check out songs on iTunes? They'll let you hear a 30 second cut of them for free. I do that before I buy one, just to make sure it's what I wanted. Hope your computer gets fixed! It was nice of your sweetie to let you have it early. I gave my laptop to Mary recently, and she gets free internet from our service, since she lives so close and has WiFi on the laptop.

Cristina - I made labels for my cards this year. My hand hurts when I try to write too much, maybe arthritis? Also, my handwriting is awful, as you know, lol. I haven't bought Christmas stamps yet, but I'm in no hurry, since it's just the 3rd.

Sue - yikes, the winds here last night were so scary, and didn't let up until sometime in the night. If I get any snow, I'll for sure keep it, lol. Don't you just hate picking out new gym shoes? I have really good luck with Nike Airs, but the styles are so limited! I'll have to get a new pair next spring before we go to Florida.

Hello all others.

I had a meeting tonight, and that went well. Also went to Walmart and bought a paper towel holder for the sink in the guest bathroom. I thought this could help prevent germs from transferring from one DGD to the next during cold and flu season.

Gotta run - I'm bushed. Nighty-night!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back for a few minutes...getting sleepy.

JANE...I should have done labels for as many cards as I did but I didn't. It took a few days to get them all done and man was my hand hurting. The new stamps are cute, I think.

TAMMY...yes, please tell us about your trip. Bet you guys had a GREAT time! Sorry for you losing your long post, hate when that happens.

I am up late, not sure why because I am about to fall over, lol. I did get in a 4 mile walk. That's good considering I wasn't going to do anything today. Tomorrow is WI and I am not looking forward to it. WEnt out to dinner with V and DD and didn't eat so good on Sunday. Anyway...

Nighty, night ladies.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Nope little laptop couldn't be fixed. Have to send it back to QVC. Girl at the company says there's something wrong with the hard drive. Hubby already has it back in the box ready to go. Have to send it back wait for them to put money back on credit card and then look to purchase another one some where else. Probably be January some time before I will have it replaced. I have my regular pc in the office so I'm still here just not as often as when I used the laptop. Not even sure I should have one since I stay on it way too much and don't get any reading done. Have a lot of books to read after Christmas day.

Jane - No I never checked into itune. I'll have to look it up and listen. You always have such good tips for us.

All of you who are having bad weather and outages y'all stay safe and warm. Thinking of you. It feels so cold here tonight, but not as cold as most of you are experiencing. I think it is colder here in SC than I remember it back home in TX. Or else I got spoiled with the weather in So FL. Couldn't be because I'm older. LOL But I still love being here with the 4 seasons.

Sue - Was it you who had the tree fall across the way? Sure glad it wasn't in your yard and I know you are.

Well it is late and I'm calling it a night. Talk to you tomorrow.

Good Night Ladies

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-04-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, I have some good news on this end! Tommy got a call from the lady in charge of the computer training test that he took over this past weekend. She told him that the national average for the first part of the skills challenge was 70% and he got 85%! Then there was a second part of the skills challenge and the lady told him that the national average was 20% and he tripled it and got a 60%! She said that was awesome because the second part of the skills challenge were questions from the curriculum that they teach! So, he goes on Wednesday night for a 90 minute overview basically about the program. He will take it for 6 months and by the time he graduates, he will already have a job! There was a guy that took the class and started out at a job for $13/hr, then he jumped to $15/hr, then $17/hr….then he signed a contract making $71,000 a year! And after his 90 days it will go up to $77,000! So things are really looking up on that aspect!!!!

We are having the heating and cooling specialized maintenance guy come over in the morning. Our power went out at about lunch time on Monday….when it came back on the furnace wouldn’t come back on. It took me shutting off the switch in the closet AND the thermostat to get it to start back up after 10 minutes or so. Monday evening, it decided to do it all over again! So, we got it back up and running…..and Tommy called the office manager and told her that he thinks the furnace is on the outs and explained it to her. She said that she will send the guy over in the morning to check it out, and to call her back tonight if it goes out and she will bring over the space heaters.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Quick pop in again--I am coming down with a flu/cold again. Hope everyone else is well!!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jules - Sorry you are sick. Get well soon. Prayers coming your way.

Mindee - Great news for Tommy and your family. What a nice Christmas present for y'all. So glad things are looking up for you.

A day with lots of running to do. Mailing all Christmas gifts today to family in TX, FL and IN. Got to send bad pc back to QVC. So this is a quick fly by. Hope everyone else will have a great day. See ya later.

Trish
Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TRISH...you can also do that with the music at FYE...it's a record store and online. Was just there again yesterday, lol. Sorry about your laptop

MINDEE...so happy tp hear the GREAT news about Tommy and the job I know that makes you happy, and him too! Hope you don't have to go long without heat, especially with three little ones. In the other house our heater went out one morning and man if it weren't for the stove and fireplace we would have frozen.

JULES...sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Get plenty of rest if you can, and liquids and meds! Nip that sucker in the bud, lol.

HI to everyone else

Ah, I was out and about this morning and forgot to mail the rest of my cards, darn it. I haven't sent them out this early before but I had them made out and ran out of stamps and now I just want them off the table, lol.

Well, today was WI and I was worried...with Sunday being a bad eating day, and too much candy, ugh! Then to top it off going out to dinner last night. All in all it wasn't as bad as I expected, yippee! I was worried but I am down 1.6 pounds, woohoo to me! But I keep thinking, if I had eaten right Sunday it may have been more...oh well, I am happy with what I have so...

Went to Target this morning to pick up a few things. Spent way too much time in there. Not because I was doing a lot of shopping but as I was getting ready to go check out Josh called. So talked with him for a few minutes instead of heading to the check out line. I did get in my 2 mile WATP video before leaving though and am getting ready to walk 1 mile and do my weights and bike. Later this evening I am going to do the Denise Austin strength...I need to firm, lol. I think that is only 15 minutes. So depending on how long my mile walk is I will have about 90 mns. in today.

Have a great day ladies! Off to change my stats/ticker
Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristina - I use labels a lot anymore. For people that I send cards and notes to on a regular basis, like my sister who lives away, I print up a whole sheet of just their name. Yay for being down 1.6 pounds! That's great, and all the exercise you do probably helps a lot. WooHoo!!

Trish - aww, I'm sorry your computer had to be sent back. Mary just told me today that she's having trouble with the one I gave her. I hope it isn't serious, because she's addicted to the 'net, lol. (Like her mama!) Btw, I like have 4 seasons, too.

Mindee - yay for Tommy's good news! That's great! Did they get the heat fixed? Hope so - this is no time of the year to be w/o it! Thank goodness for space heaters, right?

Jules - hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. Seems like you've been sick too often lately. Maybe you need vitamins? Or less stress! Just my 2¢ worth. Hugs to you.

I've been doing piddly things today, and take care of Neal. He goes in for a colonoscopy in the morning, so he's awfully weak right now, due to the meds he had to take today, and a liquid diet. Poor fella!

Food and water are good. Exercise is so-so.

"See" you tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just awaiting the snow here...NOT excited about it like Jane gets. It looks like it won't get down as far as she is though.
Had to go do a little more shopping today...wanted to be stocked up in case of bad weather. Also was going for a bird feeder that could hold suet cakes and sunflower seeds. I have had 3 different sizes of woodpeckers on my suet cakes and still have the nuthatches and a few cardinals. I want to attract the cardinals all winter, so needed a feeder the squirrels can't get into. Got it and saw the small and large woodpeckers after we put it up and one nuthatch.
I was proud of myself...I walked 2 miles and it was 35*. My face and legs got a little cold, so I need to do heavier pants and dunno what for my face. Maybe I just need to get those darn shoes so I can exercise inside. LOL
I even managed to eat OP, which for me means portion control and no "grazing" in the kitchen all day. I bought walnuts and almonds in the shell and had a few of those for my evening snack. Can't get any more natural than that. (and cracking them probably makes me eat less)
Talked to DS yesterday and he is doing finals this week. He said it was quite a jolt back to reality after being home and being spoiled. (lazy and overeating...) Starts his new classes already on Mon. with no break due to the time they missed during the big fires out there. He is seeing the light coming up at the end of the tunnel. Yay!!

Okay...that is all I have from here and I am sorry to not do individuals. Hope you are all staying safe and warm. Mindee- hope the heat is fixed and your babies are cozy!
Hugs and kisses to you all.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #11  

hello ladies...how is every one doing?

we are doing great!! The furnace was fixed.....it needed a new line of some sort. But the guy said to watch it for the next 24 hours and if it should happen to go out again then to call the office manager and she will bring over the space heaters, and then he would return in the morning to find out what is wrong with it. He has been working ever since......he had turned it up to 88* in here to make sure that it was going to work, so I felt like I was getting cooked like Sassy was about a week or so ago.

Trish~ Thanks for the nice words. That is a great Christmas present for us! It really does mean that things are looking up for us!!

Cristina~ We are so excited and can't wait for him to go to the class on Wednesday night! Keep your fingers crossed that it means more great news!!! WTG on being down 1.6 pounds!!!

I am up 1.2 pounds this week....but AF is due this coming weekend, so I already knew to expect an increase on the scale.

Jane~ Thanks for the nice words! Yup, the heat did get fixed....thank goodness! We had to use the space heaters a couple months ago when all of a sudden it got really cold in here. (the switch in the closet had gotten turned off......but it took that to happen for us to know to check that first if it starts to get cold again!)

Sue~ How much snow are you suppose to get? We are suppose to get I think a light dusting around our neck of the woods. Great job on the exercising outside and the staying OP! I really want to get some walks in again like I used to at night.....I just might have to use that as my "me" time as long as the kids are in bed.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Girls.

Lastnight at work was not a pleasant one. lol. I am feeling better tonight, so far anyways. The night is still "young" for me. lol.

Anywho I did scope out some job possibilities. One was working for a Salon, being like the receptionist person and the other is for a Chiropractors Office, doing the same thing, one thing good about the Chiropractos Office is they said that you get free treatments. I am sure its the same at the Salon too. Just not sure if I am the type of person to work in a Beauty Salon. lol.

DH also spoke to his old boss from our college about me and he is looking into seeing if there are any available jobs. So I'd say that is pretty good progress for 24 hours. lol.

Not sure if my mom will be coming up this weekend or not, guess it depends on the weather because if we get what we're supposed to get, we're not going anywhere that isn't necessary and I'm sure my mom wouldn't want to be out in that stuff either.

No news yet on if I am working Christmas or not. Email was sent out today asking for Volunteers to work. Lets hope they get some. lol.

If you would like to receive a holiday e-card from me (sorry but we don't have the $$ to buy cards and postage this year) Please PM me your email addy, if I don't have it already.

Well that is about all from end of the world.

Take Care All,

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-05-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #13  

Sassy~ I would have to say that that is awesome progress for a 24 hour period!!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #14  
a work in progress

Hello ladies

Been crazy-busy here. Working, then come home and start my second shift -- cooking, laundry, dishes, you know how it goes, I'm sure. And when I'm not at work, almost every single night and weekend DH and I are babysitting now, since Shayla works. Which is great that she's in school and working, that's what we want, but we are pretty much hostage to the house watching a three-year-old. Love her to pieces, but we really need some time NOT working and NOT babysitting. Hope her mama finds a sitter who can work nights and weekends soon, because we really need a break. We had talked about trying to get away this weekend, but since there is no other babysitter on the horizon, doesn't look like that is going to happen.

We are escaping tonight for a few hours to go to a concert, "Irish Christmas In America", so that should be fun.

Mindee, sound like things are looking up for Tommy for school/work! Hope your furnace is fixed. If you are having to use space heaters until it is, you might want to keep track of the days in case your electric bill goes through the roof. I work for an electric company and know that those things use HUGE amounts of electricity. Don't know what things are like in your state, but here if a tenant has to use space heaters, or if their apartment floods and they have to run fans 24/7 to dry things out, anything like that, the landlord usually has to work something out with them, especially if their electric bill is way out of line for what they normally bill.

Cristina, you asked about Erik a little while ago (I read it but haven't sat down to post in a while). He is supposed to be deployed to Qatar in January for 6 months, but I don't know any details beyond that. He asked for Borders gift cards for Christmas so he can buy books to take. I have Christmas cards to send, but no stamps yet...

Sassy, hope things get less stressful for you at work and/or a new, better job comes up for you. I work at a call center too, so I understand -- although now I'm in the admin/clerical area since I injured my arm.

Sue, I liked your idea for almonds and walnuts in the shell as snacks. I can see that would definitely slow me down, rather than just dipping into a nice convenient bag of shelled nuts -- eek!

Marti, very cool that James is helping you with your workout. I am of the camp that really doesn't want to exercise around other adults, even my husband. There is a small gym onsite where I work, and the price is very reasonable, but I just can make myself go in there and bounce and jiggle in front of my usually much fitter co workers. Maybe if I wore sweats and just used the treadmill? Now, I can dance all I want in front of my granddaughter -- Tallie is only 3, and she tells me I am a beautiful princess, so that definitely is a self-esteem booster.

Jane, my cat DOES roll her eyes at me. All the time. With great disdain.

Jules, hope you feel better soon! Some nasty colds and flus have been going around here, too.

Patty, too bad about the laptop -- I hate it when things can't be fixed. When our fridge wasn't staying cold enough, I called out a repairman, and he said, well, it's the compressor, but to buy the part and replace it would cost more than a whole new refrigerator! And the stupid thing was only about 7 years old, grrrrrrr.... Hard to imagine that people used to fix everything -- even shoes!

OK, gotta get ready for work, hi to everyone else.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but 12/15 I am going to Idaho for a few days. My sister has been diagnosed with lung cancer, and I need to spend a little time with her.

Love,
MK
Old 12-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello this morning...I haven't even started getting ready for work and I have less than an hour to get there!

I'm scheduled to work the early shift on Thurs & Fri. Will be nice coming home early, but I'm dreading the early hours when it comes to waking up!

I'll check back in later on! Have a wonderful day.
Closed Thread