South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Toasty Tuesday Chick Chat

Sorry I'm so late this morning! I got hit with a nasty headcold yesterday, and was up most of the night just trying to breathe!

The wind is still kicking up around here, there have been a lot of power outages from downed wires and trees. I think it's supposed to ease up somewhat as the day unfolds. December seems to be coming in like a lion!

I'm just going to stay in this morning, drinking gallons of hot tea and staying off my ankle. At least that's healing well. The girls and I are going to make marshmallow treats for their snack day in school tomorrow, and work on crafts this afternoon.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Cottage, sorry to hear about the cold, I feel for you I am just getting over it and I have had it for a month. I hope you get better soon. Glad the ankle is doing better as well.

Me- I have been so busy, between sick kids, sick me, trying to clean house, xmas shop, dance shows...... and the list goes on and on. Which is why I have not been around to much. I am starting to stress as I am usually done shopping and wrapped by now, so this week end is finshing up week end. But I did get the girls their Wii, so if nothing else gets done we atleast have that. Hopefully I will get back soon.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, a quiet day seems like a good idea for you. That ankle needs to get better and you need to shake that coldso it doesn't interfere with holiday fun!

Little Chick, you sound busy as usual. There's still lots of time so you will get it all done. What the heck is a Wii?

We have 16ºF this morning with "snow mist" according to the report. When I look out the window it sure looks like more than "mist". I think they make up these terms - is "snow fog" next? It's going to be a very cold winter according to predictions so I'm going to review my winter outdoor wardrobe. My legs are still cold from the shovelling I did yesterday so warmer pants are in order. Ski pants or lined jeans?

My house is messy so today will be spent being Fly Lady rather than Martha - the quilting will be set aside for tidying and laundry. I do need to wrap and send a gift to my DD and do pet therapy late in the day but the rest of the time will be spent on the house. Donna comes to clean tomorrow and after that I can decorate and get into Christmas mode.

How does your Tuesday look? Come and chat for a bit before you leap into it.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #4  

LC, aren't you over that cold yet? I hope you saw a doctor to make sure you don't have an infection or something! Don't stress about not getting things done, it will happen. Your girls are going to be so excited to get their Wii! Lucky girls!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #5  

Morning, Ruth. I love the flannel-lined jeans that LLBean sells. They're perfect for working outside in the cold. A Wii is an inter-active TV game. It's really popular, all the kids (and adults) seem to want one this year.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Cottage, no I didn't go to the Dr. it was one of those things like when do I have time and now I am starting to feel better. Take lots of vitiam C.
I do hope my girls will be thrilled, they have never asked for a game system before. Last Sat they had 12 and when I got there a 7 an hour before the doors opened they only had two tickets left. I got number 11. Whoot Whoot.
Have a great day.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning and to the Frozen Chicks of the North...stay warm!!! BRRRRR.
It got down to freezing here last night and I didn't realize it till I heard it on the news at 10 last night, so I had to go scrambling to put blankets on my potted herbs. I'd cry if I lost them! Too late for the banana trees...I wanted to wrap them in bubble wrap. They'll come back in the spring after they turn to mush. Speaking of bananas, I bought the cutest little ones the other day..maybe 3 inches long. I've never seen "baby" ones before in a grocery store.

Made some meranges last night that turned out pretty good..very "airy". Used coconut extract, vanilla, pecan pieces, cream of tartar, a little salt, some splenda and 3 egg whites. Not bad at all. I also made some "hoppin' John", but with quinoa and turkey bacon along with the black-eyed peas. Also pretty good.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-04-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello all, have afew extra minutes so I thought I would stop by and say hi. Very busy for the month of December. Still trying to get into the holiday spirit here maybe this weekend. Hope you ladies get well soon so you can enjoy the season. Stay warm, stay safe, and have a great day.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Linda, I hope your ankle continues to get better! I had ankle issues in my gymnastics days and never enjoyed hobbling around. Half my senior year in high school was spent on crutches, which is never fun of course.

LC, I can't believe you usually have your presents wrapped by now! Isn't that what Christmas Eve is for??? At least I broke out of my dad's habit of shopping ON Christmas Eve! He still asks me to go out with him when I'm in town because he NEVER has anything for my mom. He's some sort of magical, though, because he always finds the perfect gift. Why mess with what works, I guess...

Ruth, I'd go with the ski pants. Jeans are so uncomfortble when they're wet.

We got our oil this afternoon but then the boiler wouldn't work so there was still no heat until about 9:30 tonight! I'm sitting at the computer wrapped in our "mink" blanket (Korea's famous for it's "minks"!) because there's still a bit of chill in the air. The kids are in three sets of jammies each. Hope they don't overheat by morning! I figure they'll kick off the covers if they get too hot, and we don't have the thermostat set too high anyway. I sure am glad we have heat back! It was ten degrees Celsius in here this morning, and it only warmed up to twelve!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Phoenix! Good to "see" you around!

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks,

Good job on the Wii littlechick. I'm sure your girls will be thrilled. My kids bought one with their Christmas $$ last year and they have really enjoyed it. So has DH.
Poor cottage, you have had a rough week, haven't you? By the way, the banister is indoors. I went out and bought some lighted fake pine garland yesterday to add to it, so I'll be playing with it some more today.
Ruth, I've never heard of snow mist either. I do think they invent new terms to try and make the weather seem more exciting. Here they're big on "wind chill" and " humidity factor". It annoys me, just give me the temp and tell me if it's going to rain, sleet or snow.
Cat, meringues are a good idea as a Christmas cookie alternative.

It's the usual around here today chicks... Laundry, work, piano lesson for DH, and she has a Christmas show tonight at school. She's nervous because she has a solo - Silent Night in German. Have a great day, all chicks, and feel better, sick chicks! I'm still in jammies and bedhead and have to walk the kids in about 20 minutes, so I'd better scoot. BBL.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, good luck to your daughter on her concert! I'm sure she'll sing beautifully (I assume she's singing as you noted it's in German and it would be hard to *play* something in German!).

Kara
Old 12-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Thanks Kara. Yes, she's singing. I just realized I've got to come up with a costume - they're supposed to dress for "Christmas around the World". Sorry I missed you earlier, I guess we simulposted. Glad you've got your heat back.

Poor DH, he worked on the outside lights over the weekend, including a couple of trips to the store to replace bulbs, get connectors, etc. He finished up yesterday afternoon (on the ladder in that wind). We lit up last night and it looked beautiful....for 10 minutes. Then a fuze in one of the strands burned out and it all went dark. He is very disgusted. Very National Lampoon Christmas here this year!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well aren't we just a chatty bunch this morning? Our first snow is supposed to move in tonight, we are right on the line for rain/snow mix yuck!

Cottage Take care of yourself, that cold and that ankle!

LC Glad to hear you are finally kicking that cold to the curb.

Ruth Bundle up and keep warm!

Cat I wish I could spend a week with you and get some good cooking lessons, you are just to darn creative!

Phx

Kara glad you got your heat back! Boy do I remember the days of Christmas Eve shopping! Now I manage to finish at least a couple of days before! Oh someday I will be organized.

Schmoodle I feel for DH on the lights, when I put up the prelite tree this year there were two branches out, I messed with that thing forever and never did find the problem, just threw extra lights on!

Me Same ole, same ole! I have noticed my veggie consumption is not the best so my goal for this week/month is to get back on track there. Been throwing some spinach in my eggs on on my SB friendly pizza and just trying to do a better job in general.

Keep warm chicks!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good cold morning to ya. I am not a cold weather person.

Cottage I hope you get to feeling better, do try to have a restful day

LC I have been searching for a wii for my DH but no luck yet

Ruth your day sounds busy as usual - I hope you at least enjoy it

Cat your so busy with all your cooking

Kara glad you got heat. You guys stay warm

Schmoodle Good luck to your daughter. I know what you mean on the christmas light situation as my DH will get a section working and then another will go out.

Hi PHX & Stephanie have a great day!

Going to take a look around the site so I'll catch yall a bit later
Closed Thread