1 head Napa cabbage, cored and chopped
1/4 cup + 1 T cider vinegar (divided)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 lb. thin-cut pork loin chops
2 T Smart Balance or other buttery, non-trans fat spread
1 T grainy mustard
1 T fresh parsley, chopped, or 1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
salt and pepper

In a large skillet, heat 1 T olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown, about 4 minutes. Add thyme, garlic, and onion and cook for 1 minute; then stir in cabbage. Add 1/4 cup cider vinegar and broth; lower heat to medium and let cook 8-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the remaining olive oil to another nonstick skillet. Cook the chops until done, about 4 minutes on each side.

Blend Smart balance, mustard, and parsley together with a fork. Serve chops over the cabbage with a dollop of "butter" over each chop.

PerServing: 337 cal, 18 g fat, 5 g sat fat, 5 g carb, 1g fiber, 40g protein ((not sure how precise this is...someone else may want to run it through a program. Plus the fat is so high because of the oil--would be easy to reduce it))

We had this last night--I am a good German girl and I loved it. My DH hated it, but he is not a cabbage person. Here's to better luck on your end!!
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote