South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Happenings At the Beach

Hold on to your beach towels! We're having 50mph winds today! At least it's blowing away all that yucky stuff we had yesterday.

My ankle is keeping me from Curves, probably all week, so I don't have to rush off so early. I have to find another way to get a workout though, like an armchair workout. I may make pizzelles this morning to give as gifts, I can sit down to make them right at the kitchen table. Today is my late night at Cindy's, and I have several crafts projects to keep the girls busy. They both have snack week at school, too, so we should probably do some baking for that. Maybe raisin bran muffins and oatmeal cookies.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies
Cottage I hope your ankle feels better. Have fun baking and crafting with the girls.

I did my official weigh in this morning after 1 week on PH 1 and the grand tally is 5 pounds. I extremely pleased with that and looking forward to seeing how week 2 goes.
Have a great day.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, sounds to me as if you could benefit from a day with that foot up.

Thin, good going on the Phase I weightloss. Feels good, doesn't it?

Snow and blowing snow so this chick will stay close to home today. I may have to skip my afternoon painting class as I don't relish driving 20 minutes on treacherous roads. I do have snow tires but..... Strangely enough the temperature is above freezing although it's snowing. I sure hope it doesn't turn to freezing rain.

Note to Self: Weather whining is a sign of old age so stop it!

I got a lot of stuff done yesterday and am now working on wall hanging #3 which will be a gift for the Hyper Pypers. There is very little gift shopping left to do, mainly stocking stuff for my grand daughter who is seven. My son, DIL Wendy and Tayler will be here for an early Christmas Eve on the 23rd so Santa has to get that stocking done a day early. We'll have roast beef as it's Jim's favourite and they'll be having turkey at Wendy's parents' place on "real" Christmas.

I'd better get it in gear and will start by putting on a Christmas CD.

HO HO HO!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, we do a fair amount of weather whining here and I'm only 30! I sure hope it's not a sign of old age!!!

Linda, rest up and get your ankle better soon!

Dawn, way to go on the loss! Keep it up!!!

Just a quick note for me this morning. I was able to hit the gym after my financial class tonight and got in a good workout. The Phase 1 Day 3 drearies COMPLETELY missed me and I felt fantastic today! I hope that headache yesterday afternoon and evening is all I'll have to suffer. Tom's on a new crazy hours schedule so I'm trying to figure out where I'll be able to fit my workouts in - every other Saturday he has to work so my yoga class will have to go on without me those weeks. I'm very sad.

Off to watch the latest episode of House on the computer! Have a lovely Monday all!

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Great big flakes coming down here too. I'm happy because I've been expecting a long weekend since I saw the forecast Friday afternoon. Nothing worse than planning on that and finding the storm fizzled I'm hoping we have more of a normal winter this year. last year was a little scary and I didn't get my show shoes out once. That said I do hate the cold. Oh well

Cottage - have fun baking! I spent all day yesterday cooking and dehydrating. I do miss the smells of baking though Maybe I'll dry some more cinnamon apples, just for the smell.

Thin- isn't it great to get that early boost!

Ruth- If you live in the places we do you really just have to make the best of it Sometimes I'm better at that than others (having an extra day off definitely helps my attitude).

Stay warm out there!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...and best wishes for you snowy weather ladies...sounds like a big pot of soup is in order. It's blowing here, but will only get down in the 30's tonight.

Nothing exiting happening here. Baked a loaf of oat/flax bread for a coworker-friend's birthday present today. Found a cute bread board at wallyworld to put it on, along with a couple of kitchen towels and a bar of applejack soap I made. She should like it...we "old ladies friends" have decided to only give "disposable" stuff to each other from now on so our kids won't hate us when we die and we don't have junk to dust!

keep warm chickens!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, I love your snowball throwing smileys!

Cat, your philosophy on presents is outstanding! I don't mind dusting, but the less I have to go around little trinkets, the better.

I'm waiting on the laundry to finish. It seems to be going slowly tonight. Then I'll be off to bed.

Hey, has anyone heard from Nessa or Kitty lately? I'm sure there are plenty of other chicks I am missing, but they popped in my head.

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chicks!

Cottage Sounds like you are getting the winds we had lastnight! No snow here but it sure did get cold overnight after a fairly warm/rainy day yesterday. Have a great day makin and bakin!

ThinWTG on the week one loss!

Ruth Sure glad we are not getting your snow. Oh I love to look at it and wouldn't mind if I didn't have to get out in it. Ah if we could only heat the roadways!

Kara Your comment yesterday about decorating the A/C unit has me thinking! We have one of those here at work, what fun it would be to transform it!

Cyndi I hate the cold, really do now that I have lost the weight and the insulation to go with it. I can't seem to get warm anymore!

Cat I think gifts from the heart are the best!

Me had a fairly calm weekend finally. Refused going to the in-laws and just spent the weekend in reading, kniting, baking and cleaning. Thought it was a little early to start my christmas baking so just made chocolate chip cookies. Proud to say only ate a half of one (had to make sure the were good!)

The real challenge comes next weekend! Growing up my mom made everything from sugar cookies, peanut butter balls, her own marshmallow, you name it! I don't make nearly as much but there are somethings the family just won't go without! I actually think I will do ok, I like the making more than the eating.

Hey where is Lisa? Haven't seen anything out of her all week, hope everything is ok!

OH I did have a small run in with some baked mac and cheese yesterday. I know better but gosh it was good!

Have a great day chicks! Check back later!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Jenny has been quiet too, kara.

I didn't get back here all weekend chicks, too much running around, but we had fun with the kiddies at the parade, party and at the horse show yesterday. We had some folks in for dinner Saturday and got some more decorations put up, but a lot of them blew off the porch this morning! DH is getting ready to go out and do repairs. I got the banister done, and if I do say so myself, it looks pretty. I'm glad it turned out because I just rummaged through all my stuff to come up with it. I did garlands of gold and silver beads and ribbons, with a small twig wreath at each gathering point, and put some cool old red peacocks sitting in the wreaths. Very Victorian to suit the house! We'll do the tree this weekend. I also got all the gifts boxed up to go overseas and we'll get them to the post office today. They will probably be late, but hopefully not too late.

Well, I'd better get to checking things off today's to--do list!

Note to Ruth: EVERYBODY complains about the weather!
Kara, why don't you post a picture of your air conditioner for us?
Stephanie, I was planning to greatly reduce my baking this year, but I've been invited to two cookie exchange parties! I'll have to bake at least 10 dozen for those.
Cyndi, enjoy the snow and stay warm.
Cat, that's a lovely gift - I would certainly love to receive it!
cottage, baby your foot today!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-03-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Great Monday morning to all! I had a crazy busy weekend with running errands and yard work and christmas decorating busy busy busy. My legs are a bit sore from all I did those two days (especially saturday) - I will make through.

Cottage you have the right mind set on finding an alternate workout. Be sure to rest that ankle

Dawn congrats on your 5lb loss keep up the great work

Ruth your plans sound so nice I do hope you enjoy them

Kara good luck with the phase 1 blues

Cyndim bundle up and stay warm

Hiya to all the beach babes not yet up and at it but I'll catch you gals my next go round
Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all -

No beach for me today. I won't be able to for another week at least it seems. :sad:

I went to an NFL game yesterday (my team won but being in non-my team territory wearing my team's garb, I sure did get heckled) which was fun but it was cold. They won in the last 10 seconds of the game and DW and I had already made our way to the car. But we heard it on the radio at least. It was lucky too because it started POURING when the game let out and DW hates getting wet!

Hope you all have a fabulous day! I am home from work for one more day so it's me = cleaning maching before going back to work tomorrow!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Stephanie, I've had success with baking in the morning when I didn't feel like tasting anything. Have fun with it, though!

Schmoo, sorry to hear about your mobile decorations! My mom always decorates her banisters and the mantle of the fireplace and it looks so festive! Our post office here says to mail things by the 10th to get them to the States in time for Christmas and I assume it would work the same going the other way, so you should be fine.

Gonnabe, hope your legs feel better! Do lots of stretching!

Off to hang the laundry and hit the sack. For real this time!

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Jenn, we simulposted! Hope your belly is improving at least. We eagerly anticipate your return and are glad you've been checking in!!!

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, Your banister garland sounds really pretty. Is it inside or out? I decorated our indoor banister with a lighted pine garland with holly berries and pinecones. Um, it was part of the reason I fell down the stairs last week! It's pretty, but yours sounds much nicer.

Jenn, how are you feeling? I do hope things are getting back to normal for you. Take care of yourself, do you hear?

Hi there, THIN, Kara, Ruth, GONNA, Cyndi, Steph! Did I miss anyone? Hope you all have a great day! Let's get this week off to a good start.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #15  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

It's only 10:45 am (CST)? I feel like I've been putting our fires all morning. Up to my a$$ in alligators as one of my bosses would say.

Just a quick flyby while I get my head on straight. It was either visit the board or hide under my desk for a sanity break.

I hope everyone has a wonderfully on-plan day!
Closed Thread