Old 12-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Default December SlimFasters!

Good Evening SlimFasters! I hope your November wen toff without too many hitches and that December is going to be a joyous month for everyone! How is everyone doing? Ready to beat those end of the year goals to death? Get off a few more pounds before our New Years Resolutions start? I hope so! Only 3lbs to go until I reach my Christmas Goal. Since I hit onederland at the beginning of last week I haven't dropped any weight. I'm okay with that...it's just the way my body fluctuates. Of course, those weeks when I drop 4-5lbs are fabulous....so...bottom line, I'm totally not complaining! I don't have a New Year's Resolution & probably won't make one...I have broken one too many over the years and have found that they just don't work for me. I'm actually dreading the new year because (at least at my gym) my gym gets packed with all those New Year's Resolution folks for all of January and part of February....the good news for me is that they go away! Anyone find some great new foods this month? Beyond the Kashi Frozen Pizzas...which I think I mentioned last month...I haven't....but hye, I like my diet and lifestyle right now...so that is good.

As for a NSV - been able to get rid of quite a bit of my fat clothes...especially pants...they come on and off without buttoning/zipping...which is fab! Hope y'all are all doing wonderful! Talk to you soon!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/187/155

Height: 5'9

Can I be part of your slimfast club?! I've been searching for "support" and such for slimfast all over the internet, aand it is really hard to find! I have been dieting for a while; I did WeightWatchers for a while. But I came across Slimfast and the easiness & convenience of the diet fits perfectly into my hectic chaotic days, and my first week i lost 6 pounds, so that was exciting!
Question..how do i add one of those fun weight tracker things you guys have at the bottom of your posts??
nattys048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

Welcome Welcome Welcome Natty! You are more than welcome (as you can see) to join our little group. You may find that after surfing 3FC for a bit that you will find more groups that will suit you as well!

I agree that SF is easy and convenient...I think that is why most in our group have turned to it. I have never tried WW....but I do count calories (kinda...I guesstimate which works for me). I have been SF'ing since end of September 2007 and have lost 29lbs to date. I watch what I eat, try to get 1200-1400 calories per day, eat as healthy as I can (not that I don't allow myself the junk I want from time to time), and exercise for about 2 hours 5-6 days per week.

Are you getting in some exercise? It will help out a lot and you will notice a difference right away.

Info on the weight trackers can be found here :
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332

Let us know if you have any other questions/concerns....we are a fun group and love new members! Happy December!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #4  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

I'm joining this thread... after much dening I am now convinced and accepting of the fact that I am a slimfaster... lol. I've been calorie counting for a month a lost some pounds. I fell of the wagon a week ago. I'm now up to 129 after reaching 127. No biggie. I decided to turn to my faithful friend, slimfast. I'm doing great. It's only my second day, but oh well!
Long live slim fast!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #5  
is baaaad to the bone!

Glad you could join our thread Loin! I know some people think poorly of SF - but I think of it as a meal replacement - and the SF plan has long changed since the days of "a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner"....SF is basically calorie counting with a can to help you along...at least in my opinion. I like to have "good for you" items that are simple. If you ever read some of my posts...you'll see that my meals are easy to make...SF for breakfast, fiber one bar for a snack, sandwich for lunch, another snack, sf for dinner, or a couple of other healthy snacks.

It's just so much easier with SF for me! Are you working out at all Loin? Hope you have a great Monday!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/187/155

Height: 5'9

You know whats really funny gatoramanda? Before I even saw your post back i found how to make the weight tracker thing, and we have aalmost the same one!
But thank you for the warm welcome! WOW 29 pounds since September?? Thats amazing...yeah last week was my first week "officially" on SF, and it hasnt been a problem for me at all. I actually lovee the drinks, which do not make me feel hungry..i make them into shakes and they are so good. I havent tried any slimfast snack bars, i usually just eat my fiber one bars which im obsessed with. Do you recommend and snack/mean replacement bars?
I am usually really big on exercise, of course having my on/off times..but i have been really consistent for the past month, going almost every single day. It can be hard cause im a working student so finding time can be difficult but i know its important..
Im hoping this week goes as good as the last one!

Last edited by nattys048; 12-03-2007 at 01:33 AM.
nattys048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #7  
Registered Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoramanda View Post
Are you working out at all Loin? Hope you have a great Monday!!!!!!!
oh yeah, I've just joined the gym. But before that I just got 40 mins of cardio every day. Now I work out 6x a week 1.30 hours. I'm really liking all the extra exersize. Besides, there's this cardio machine at my gym that I'm sure has killed someone cause it's so damn hard to do! Its my fav though.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #8  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Good to see lots of action here, may it help us all! November was an up and down month for me, lots of emotional issues and too much food. Still, I am about where I was at the beginning of the month and feeling more settled for December.

I too use Slimfast in conjunction with calorie counting. The strictness of the calorie counts depends on what I eat. On the days when I am eating mostly homemade stuff (most days) I don't obsess about the calories, as long as I am not seeing major gains without good reason (i.e. straying from plan). I try to follow a Sonoma diet style of eating outside of the slimfast. Many days I only have slimfast for breakfast, not twice a day.

I don't use anything except the shakes. For a while I was eating the whole grain muffin bars also, but I found it too easy to overeat - when eating those I wasn't having as much in the way of fruit/veggies for snacks. So now I have a slimfast shake for breakfast and sometimes for lunch also. I don't eat the meal replacement bars because I don't like them (at least not the ones available here in Canada).

For me, slimfast is a convenient way of getting a well-balanced meal without too many calories. I also really appreciate that it doesn't (for the most part) have artificial sweetener, which I abhor. In the summer I was making my own shakes with fruit, milk, flax meal and protein powder, but now that the supply of fresh fruit is more limited I generally use the slimfast.

Well that's me. I've been pretty much in maintenance mode since the beginning of September, having lost ~25lbs since May. Things derailed a little in September when I got sick for 6 weeks with bronchitis and no exercise. Then we have had some stressful times with my eldest boy. I think we have most of the family issues more settled now and I am feeling more confident about getting back on track (and more important, staying there). I attend TOPS meetings once a week which gives me some accountability for my weight losses and gains, plus the great support from 3FC.

Snuggles to all,
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #9  
is baaaad to the bone!

I love all of our activity on this thread this morning! It's great to see new people and regulars back up and running for December!

Natty - glad you found the ticker...I love when I get to change mine! Yahoo! Also - good choice on tickers...I think it is the prettiest one...sometimes I change my butterfly around...29lbs since Sept...end of Sept....but it was the first time in a few years that I have actually been able to wrap my head around losing weight. I'm the kind of person that once I figure it out and put my mind to it...there is absolutely no stopping me. I gained my weight over about 6 years....college...boyfriend with bad eating habits...getting sick a couple of times...bouts of depression(not major ones, but i think we all get these)....in any case, I can't wait to see my old self again. I know that I have been hiding out just because I haven't been happy with myself for years....and while I have plenty of "excuses" for why I became this way...it's my own fault and now I am on a war path to fixing it!

Natty & Loin - glad to hear you are both exercise freaks like me. I got 5-6 days per week and have it scheduled out. I'm actually really disappointed with myself because I could only go 4 days last week....too many commitments otherwise....I know that isn't bad, but for me I do feel upset over it....I just love to get in a minimum of 5 days at the gym .... and usually more. I can't wait for 7:30pm so that I can get in there & kick some booty tonight....

Natty - on the Slim Fast snacks and meal replacements - I enjoyed them (the snacks...not the meal replacements....I didn't think they were worth it) until I found out about my dear dear dear Fiber One bars...and like you - I have an obsession. I now have a couple of boxes of SF muffin bars hanging out in my pantry waiting for the day that I run out of Fiber One bars (which probably won't happen seeing as I buy those in bulk at BJ's wholesale club). So needless to say...I'm going to be a crazy woman to choose my SF snack bars over the Fiber One...it just can't be beat.

Jax - glad to see you around! It was a very quiet month last month on our thread - I hope it gets better this month. I'm actually sipping on my SF right now as I type. Glad you are feeling better for December! Yahoo! I wish I ate more fruits & veggies like you do each day. I'm pretty good at getting 2 servings per day...but I wish I could get more like 6-8 servings....I'm just not that wholly committed to changing my eating habits right now (which are healthy.....but not very full of fruits & veggies). I did go to our farmer's market this weekend and purchase some fresh brussell sprouts....I know...the worst veggie in the world....but I have been determined for about 1 month now to learn to like them....and I'm going to just keep trying until I do!

Well - I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! Hope to hear how your days are going!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #10  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Amanda - I LOVE brussels sprouts! I'd eat them as part of every "roast + veggies" type meal. Unfortunately DH doesn't like them and will only eat them under duress at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I like them lightly steamed with a low fat sauce or gravy. Or plain. They have to be non-mushy though - boil the h**l out of everything and it will always taste yucky.

jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #11  
Registered Diva

I'm 128 again!! yay!!! I loooooove slimfast.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #12  
is baaaad to the bone!

Congrats loin! Keep up the good work and you will be @ goal in no time...maybe before the end of the year - that would be fabulous!

Jax - i agree, not too mushy - still not in love with the brussel sprouts, but trying...will be roasting them this week when I have a chance to actually get in my kitchen...been a hectic week and it's only Wednesday! Boo!

How is everyone else doing? I have been working out hard and have inched down the scale a bit...only 2.5lbs til my Christmas goal....I can taste it...yummmy!

Anywho...I'll check in later...keep posting!
~Amanda
Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a Slimfaster/calorie counter. I usually have Slimfast for breakfast and if I am low on calories during the day I will have another one. I have dreamed up some smoothies that are really good ,cappuccino with a banana in the blender or pour a can of strawberry into a freezer container. freeze overnite when ready to use blend with about 6 fresh strawberries. Delish! Just remember to include your banana or strawberries in your calories for the day.
I love brussels sprouts!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM   #14  
Registered Diva

Actually, gatoramanda, that was my goal, to be 120 by new year's eve. But since I'm building some muscle (finally!! cause I have NONE) AND I've just quit smoking. It's my second day. I wont put too much pressure on the 120lbs. Of course I'm gonna keep on track with my diet and exersize, but, it's just a number. If I get there in January, it's still good. . Besides, my sisters are starting to freak out on me cause they are gaining weight and I'm losing.. lol.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #15  
is baaaad to the bone!

Loin - you will most definitely hit your goal. Congrats on quitting smoking. Your air will be so much more refreshing now! You will really notice a difference in your health/body! Congrats Congrats Congrats! Huge Step!

Working out is going well this week. Did 5.4 miles tonight on the elliptical in 66 minutes. Not bad I guess...but then again, I'm not sure what is good. Did a fairly high resistance as well....I have been working on upping that weekly. Finished off with a good upper body/abs workout. Feeling good tonight.

Food - I found these mini pita pockets - whole wheat - they are about the size of a child's fist. I am having 4 of them with 1 slice of american cheese or jalapeno cheese divied up between them and melting - very filling and low cal. Only 104 calories for the pitas and 80 calories for the cheese that I use. Love it! Glad I spotted the last bag on the shelf...now I will just have to pray it stays in the stores!

Well, I'm off to bed...still doing work paperwork (I sell real estate...so the paperwork is endless!!!!)....got a busy day tomorrow.

Have a wonderful and splendiferous day!
~Amanda

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 12-06-2007 at 12:04 AM.