Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerindarain View Post
My mom was only told that because she is sick often & can't exercise, she has arthritis in her knees and even going to the grocery store is a major accomplishment for her. We both eat fairly healthy, but she is pretty much home bound & sedentary. I am so glad that she finally has the motivation to at least try.
I'm sorry, your mom still shouldn't have been told that. I have arthiritis in my knees as well and was extremely sedentary. Taking out the garbage was a HUGE task for me, next to impossible on certain days. Exercise in the beginning was slllooowww going. But I slowly built up and now my activity level has increased beyond belief. I am much more active then most people I know. People have trouble keeping up with me.

Tell your mom there's hope. LOTS of it in fact. She CAN lose the weight and become active once again. Yes, my knees still hurt from time to time and I will never have full mobility, but it stops me from doing very little. Good luck to your mom.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #17  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Great story Nelie and Robin! I think I heard somewhere strawberries are supposed to help with arthritis?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote