South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/138/125

Height: 5'2

Default A little trouble with cravings and water consumption

Hi! I started Sb exactly 2 weeks ago today. I have lost 11 of the 20 or so pounds that I would like to lose. I am so happy to have found this web site. However, today I have been having a really tough time. It had been so easy up until this point....now I crave everything....does anyone have any ideas. I have not "cheated" or had sugar of any kind. Also, drinking the necessary amounts of water has gotten increasingly difficult...any suggestions?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Precious! I'm moving your post to our main forum so that more members will see it.

Congrats on your loss! Did you start Phase 2 yet? If so, what did you add and when? Is there any way that sugar might have snuck into your food somehow? For instance, canned kidney beans usually have sugar in them (don't ask me why! ). Did you eat out? A lot of places include sugar in weird places you'd never think of (for instance, McDonald's puts sugar on their fries! ).

If you're sure you haven't somehow mistakenly had some sugar--you might want to talk with a doctor, just to make sure everything's okay. Are you on any medications that cause hunger? Are you exercising more frequently or intensely now? Do you think the cravings are physical or emotional? P1 takes away physical cravings, but the emotional ones are still around until you deal with them, too. (don't I know it!)

Sometimes drinking water is tough for us. Try to take the water with you everywhere you go and sip whenever you get a craving. That ought to get a lot into you.

Glad to have you with us!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi precious, it isn't that TOM is it (sorry Tom)? Or just prior to? That makes a difference for me too. When you say you crave everything, are you craving sweets and starchy things, or are you just hungrier than usual? If just hungrier, that could be TOM. I know to expect it now, and give myself permission to eat a little more than usual during that week. I break my snacks and meals up into 6 mini-meals throughout the day, so I feel like I am constantly snacking. It's a dumb mind game, but it seems to help me feel happier and more satisfied.
Also, are you eating a good, hearty breakfast with lots of protein? This will help set you up for the day and keep the cravings/hunger at bay.
As for the water, do you like tea? I have lots of different flavors and I treat myself to a cup every day. Or I will make a flavored latte with skim milk and sf syrup. The hot drink also helps with the hunger for a bit.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Precious glad you found us. I totally agree with beachgal & schmoodle so good luck with finding what works. Be sure to keep posting so we can follow your progress.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/266.6/170

Height: 5'4"

I find that the 4C totally light 2 go packets are great in taste and I dulute them in a bigger bottle of water (33oz rather than 16 oz). They are made with splenda and have antioxidants. And I find it easier for me to drink two of those bottles during my workday rather than 4 of the smaller ones. (the mind is easy to trick sometimes) And then in the evening I drink one during my workout.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/270/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Crystal Light Mix-ins

I have found drinking all that water easier with Crystal Light or 4C Mix-ins. I think 4C has an orange flavored one that tastes like Tang. Yum. I've seen several different brands in my local supermarket with several different flavors, usually lemonade or flavored iced teas (raspberry). I drink them all day long.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Precious,

Welcome. I agree with the others as I too find that dividing the meals into 6small snack type meals keeps me from being hungry too. And it is easier for me to get my water in by drinking 2 - 32 oz containers of water rather than a 16 oz. Since I switced to the 32 oz container, I usually end up drinking more. You have to find what works for you. I think it is like someone else said sometimes it is little games we play, but if it works that is what counts. Congratulations on your 11 lbs gone. You have a great start. Good luck as you find what works for you. I just started Phase 1 and I can tell you that you have come to the right place. This is a great group for support and for guidance. I have learned a lot from them. They know their stuff.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  

Precious!
The gals have already offered such great advice 2 things that def help me is: I find it easier to get my water in if it has a sippy top so I fill those 24 oz with the sip tops up and find it goes down jiffyquick.

Food wise -make sure you get those little snacks in. I find Lf cottage cheese 4 ozers with a bit of chopped tomato very filling and cuts my cravings. Also if on phase 2, a strawberry smoothie does the trick. Triscuts with some LF laughing cow cheese is good too.
good luck Precious - you are off to an awesome start!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #9  
New and Beachy Keen

Hi there! I just joined and have been browsing the board. precious how have you been doing with your cravings? I figure by the time I'll get to Phase 2 I'll be more than ready to eat a bigger variety of food
Old 11-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Dflip when you get to phase 2 be sure to go in gradually with adding one thing back in at a time
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #11  
New and Beachy Keen

will do, thanks!
Closed Thread