South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:22 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Thursday Twaddle

I hope you don't mind my starting Thursday's thread this early in the day! I was going to chat in Wednesday's thread but thought I'd start the morning off with a new thread.

I got some great news from the Dr. though and can get back on the Beach as early as Monday. He gave me 3 meds and one should help with my bathroom habits. He said once I get under control, I can go back to my normal diet versus this cr@ppy one (pun intended!).

Though, since getting out of the hospital I've had this darn insomnia! Must be not being woken up every 3 hours by nurses who poke and prod and drug you!

Hope everyone wakes up on the right side of the bed this morning. And here's to hoping I get to sleep! Stay warm!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, fellow night owl! I'm SO glad that you are healing and have so much hope for a happy, healthy future! Big sigh of relief! I hope the insomnia goes away! I assume you've tried chamomile tea, hot milk, etc (if you can have them...)? about being woken up every three hours...it's SO hard to sleep in a hospital!

Okay, off to bed! For both of us!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #3  
I can do this!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes yesterday!

P.P.S. Barb, I'm so sorry that Robert was being such a jerk to you yesterday. You want I should send along a couple of our friends from New Joisey to take care of things? Seriously, you have every right to get out of that situation...and I think you've been way more than generous to offer to support him until he gets a job. Being mean to you is not going to improve the situation...but it might hurt Brian. I hope Robert shapes up and decides to ship out! Next time, any chance you can take a laptop to a local Panera or Starbucks or Barnes & Noble and work from there? I hope you can find a sanctuary!

Last edited by beachgal; 11-29-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Gosh, while you night owls were getting today's thread up and running, I was deep in slumber.

I'm headed over to Cindy's early today to help spiffy up the house for their annual Christmas party on Saturday. Then after I pick up Maggie, we're meeting friends for lunch and a playdate until it's time to get Audrey. It'll be yet another later than usual day today, as I have to drive the girls into the city to meet their parents at a restaurant at 5:30, so I know to expect a grumpy Jake when I get home. I've been late every night so far this week, and he doesn't like it at all. But he's happy enough to see the fat paychecks I bring home.

How's your day shaping up? Survivor tonight!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from cold and snowy Delta! It's great to be home but I have a ton of posts to read to catch-up!

Today will be catch-up day with a whole bag of mail and my laundry to tackle. After a hectic but relaxing week, I should be due for a day at home although I do intend to go out to pick up a special Christmas present. When I was at my DD's, I managed to get some of her family gifts bought and left but still need to get something yummy for her.

Time for coffee, oatmeal and a Hershey cuddle. I managed to sleep in until seven this morning so won't be having a time change problem.

I'll be back to twaddle and catch up on old posts.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls!

Jenn, I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be on the up and up for you!!! Here's hoping those meds do the trick and you are able to eat what makes you feel good soon!

Laurie, I hope you're also feeling better!

Linda, sounds like you've got another busy one planned. Never a dull moment for you!

We had a nice day. The temps almost hit sixty and it was brilliantly sunny outside! I'm hoping the weather holds out for a couple more days so I can get a nice picture of the kids outside in their Christmas outfits. I just haven't been able to find one "perfect" photo of all three of them to send in the cards this year so I'm hoping to stage one! I'm just waiting on Connor's black pants and Christmas sweater to arrive from oldnavy.com. I thought about putting him in his navy blue pants and red sweater and just printing the picture out in sepia or something but I don't know if that would cut it...The girls' dresses are gorgeous - dark red skirts with off-white lace bodices and a black velvet ribbon around the middle. I got them on clearance after the holidays last year! I'll have to post a picture if one comes out well. It seems like it's exponentially harder to get a good photo with every child you add into the equation!

Off to do math with Tom. Have a great day!

Kara
Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi Ruth! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!!! Glad you're back home safe and sound!

Kara
Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Good Morning Ladies and hopefully good night to the night owls

Jenn I'm SOOOO glad you're feeling better and your DR. cleared you to eat this way again. Welcome back I missed you.
Laurie Did the well wishes work? How are you feeling today?
Cottage If you get a chance can you bottle some of your energy and send it out here to CA
RuthI'm glad you're home and your trip was good.
KaraEven though I don't have kids I know what you mean about pictures getting tougher. My best friend now has 4 and I don't think we have even one picture of them all together. Can't wait to see a picture of yours in their new holiday outfits.

Me Day 3 on Phase 1. I seem to recall this one being tough last time around, but I don't remember having the headache and grouchies on days 1&2 last time. Hopefully it's already out of my sytem because I felt great last night and so far so good today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth!!!!!! Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good visit with your DD, I was getting worried that you would decide to stay out there!

Kara, have fun getting a good picture of all three wee ones! It always seem that when you think you have the perfect poise, someone moves at the last minute.

THIN, if I bottled up what precious little energy I have,to share with you, there'd be none left for me. I hope you continue to avoid the SBD flu, make sure you have some beans and diary today to head it off!

Laurie, I hope you're feeling much better today!

Jenn, I'm glad you got some encouraging news from the Dr., and are back on the road to good health! Take good care of yourself.

Yikes, look at the time! Gotta run!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Running late, rushing, rushing out the door, but found this recipe for Lemon Tarragon Chicken that looks great....of course replace butter with olive oil and whole grain bread crumbs sparingly.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Oh, Cottage, you've had a lot of late nights, huh? That's got to be hard for you and Jake! But I can see how the extra money would be helpful this time of year... Hope you have a fun one!

back, Ruthie! I missed you lots! I hope you had a wonderful visit out west, though! Was it nice and warm over there? Glad you got some shopping done. Hope that things go well today. I bet Hersh was thrilled to see you!

Thanks for the get well wishes, Kara! Oh, I totally remember Christmas picture time as a kid--all our photos were staged. I was usually pretty miserable as my mom insisted on all sorts of things to make us look fluffed and pretty...and they usually took about 4 rolls of film. But they always got a great picture to put on the cards and now it's really nice to look back and see that record of our lives over the years. Your kids' outfits sound adorable! We got a Christmas outfit for the little guy in our Christmas Basket family at Old Navy. It's absolutely adorable!

Hey, ThinbyJune! Congrats on day3! Soon the misery will be over and you'll be back to feeling great! I'm not there yet...my silly cold is still here. I feel like I just need one more night of really good sleep and I'll be better...I hope! Thanks for asking!

Me:
Well, Thursdays are my long day, but DH and I were totally thrilled to hear that we have the night off from our prior commitment. Not that we don't like hanging out with our Core group (it's a group of people who've done Marriage Encounter and meet monthly to practice the dialoguing techniques), but I've been out every night this week and DH was really bummed at missing some of the Packer game tonight (he's from WI and a HUGE Packer fan). So, after work, tutoring, and the gym, DH and I will head over to the local sports bar (the game is only on pay-per-view) and we'll watch the game. My psychi says that the bar has fabulous grilled chicken salads, so that's my plan for the night. DH is looking forward to having a huge double-pattied burger. He's skinny enough to handle it, but his cholesterol was borderline last check so I worry. I'll leave early to go home and get to bed! Tomorrow is my day off, so I can sleep in a little. Hopefully the extra sleep will help!

Hope everyone has a little extra energy today and finds a special moment of joy in the craziness of this time of year!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Ooh, Cat, that sounds divine! Let us know how it goes! Hon, do you want the image link in your sig to show the actual image or were you meaning for it to be a link? If you want an image, it has to have the "[img]" codes wrapped around it. Being super tech-savvy, you probably know that, so maybe the link was intentional, but if you want me to fix it, just let me know.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning My Friends! Another chilly start today!

Jenn So glad things are looking better for you! We've missed you posting in the dailys!

Laurie Hope the cold gets better. There sure are alot of people angry about this game tonight being on NFL network! Not only do we deal with that but we also don't get the Indiana University Mens Basketball games here even though we are less than 60 miles from the college. Boy does that have people up in arms including my husband! Glad you have a place that is carrying the game that you can go and still stay OP.

Cottage I don't know how you do it everyday! All that running would cause me to munch and surely slack on the exercise!

Ruth Welcome back! We sure did miss you! Hope you have a calm, restful day ahead.

Kara I am sure the kids are going to look adorable. I really need to get a family picture done but at 20,18 and 16 they just roll their eyes at me. Not to mention catching them all at home at the same time is nearly impossible!

Thin Hope you have sucessfully avoided the SB flu and you have a great day!

Cat Gosh I wish I could try half the recipes you post. My DH is such a pickey eater anytime I try something new he turns his nose up before even trying it. Men!

Me Not a stinking thing new which I guess is good, I have had enough excitement lately. Got in touch with my youthful side lastnight by watching Shrek the Halls and the Grinch! I'm such a sucker for the christmas shows even if my kids are to big to enjoy them anymore. HO HO HO! Tis the season!

Have a great day chicks, check back later!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Awww, Stephanie. Watch Charlie Brown for me, OK? I doubt the Korean cable will carry it...

Kara
Old 11-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just a quick stop-by today. I'm feeling rather terrible and need to go call boss-man and let him know that I won't be coming in today. Sigh. Just when DH is feeling better, I get sick.
Closed Thread