Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default NSV: Doctor Visit / Shoe Shopping

I had a great day! I went to see my favorite Dr. (my ENT) My ENT is great! He is so personable. He performed my surgery last October and every since has been a Godsend. I have known him for about 4 years but last year, he really started getting after me about my weight. He is the ONLY Dr. that I presently have that is concerned about my weight - not even my general practitioner. Anywho, I saw him today after 6 months AND it went just like I wanted. He complimented me; he is proud of me!!! And he said seeing me today made his day! I let him know that the next time he sees me I will be 40-60 pounds lighter. What was really uplifting is that he used the word slim to describe me. I know I am not slim BUT I am slim compared to my former self.

Oh, and he is trying to get me to start running The jury is still out on that one!!

After my Dr. visit, I was on cloud nine. So, I went shopping. I like to shop now...whereas I did not before. I even roam through the mall! I have a whole new wardrobe for size 14-16. So.... I went shoe shopping. I bought 4 pair of shoes. I found out that, I now wear a medium width, I am no longer wide width and definetly a size 9. Although, I did fit into some size 8 1/2s today. Even bought a pair! Ok, I have said enough. Thanks for listening!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:46 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You know, it is wonderful when doctors acknowledge our losses...because ultimately, we're doing this for our health. And I'm sure that you did make his day, because doctors seldom get to see a patient succeed at weight loss on their own.

What a wonderful, wonderful NSV. Congratulations!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #3  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

That's awesome Ann! And you should be proud of yourself!!! You're a hero to me, that's for sure! I'm still way way at the beginning of my weight loss journey...
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

That is awesome Athena!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ok i KNOW i should be the happiest about the Dr. part and the whole "living for a nice long time" thing, and I AM, believe me I am....but shoes..let's celebrate shoes for a while, shall we???

glorious!!!

heheheh
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations you are doing a great job. About shoes, I am wearing shoes one and a half sizes smaller than I did at my all time high of 206.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote