General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Dressing rooms....

Am I the only one? I went to try on some clothes today, and I don't know what... but those dressing rooms have the worst lighting, made my hair turn a funny color, showed every little dinky line and I just looked like ****.

Why do they have those crazy lights, when you try on clothes you want to feel as good as you can. I felt fat and frumpy, bought a few basics, dark colors, that was about it.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

You are not the only one, lol. I am too weird about dressing rooms anyway and the majority of time I will just buy something and try it on at home. if it fits then yay, if not I just take it back. I must say though, I haven't had to take many things back so it works for me.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

you would think stores would have great lighting & mirrors in the dressing rooms - the better we look the more we will buy
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

You are right, the lighting is terrible.

I put something on and then go out and have the hubby look at it. If I am trying something " personal" on I have him come to the door and look at it. If I get the Wolf whistle I buy if not I don't lol. Colors look terrible in most dressing rooms and you can't stand far enough away from the mirror to really get a good look at the clothes anyway.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have any of you tried on clothes in higher-end stores? The dressing rooms at White House Black Market are AMAZING - you look good in everything. But their clothes are so pricey that looking good in everything is NOT good for the budget. They are a special-occasion-only stop for me.

In lower-priced stores, where I do the majority of my shopping, the lighting IS terrible. But I use it to my advantage...I have a tendency to buy clothes that I don't -love- because they fit now and I love that things fit. Now I tell myself that I can only buy things that look good in the dressing room lighting, because if they look good THERE, they will look good ANYWHERE.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

manda
That is why I said most. If you want to pay the big bucks they will look like they should in the store. I do not want to pay big bucks for something that is going to fit a month or two lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Dressing rooms always make me really depressed... I've been known to cry in them. That's actually one of the reasons I decided THIS was going to be the time once and for all- because just for once I want to go and try something on and not feel like a fat swamp thing when I look in the mirror.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote