Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default 'CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB' - Nov/Dec 2007

Good Morning Crazies . . . . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the next couple of months.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #2  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Yayy for making it a two month thread! every time I get on it seems like we start a new one and then I'm behind.
Been reeeealllly super busy these past couple weeks. We had our conference, at which I presented my talk, and everyone said I did really well!
AND then this past week I had two days to fill out a scholarship application. I was up late essay writing and got two of my profs to write last-minute recommendation letters and got it all done by the deadline!! Sooo happy about that
But these two weeks have been super stressed, and ended last night - Halloween. Definitely did not do well on the food front. I did get to the gym a few times this week and last, but I think I'll be happy if I haven't gained anything come Sunday.
This Saturday marks exactly 1 month till by mini-goal of looking and feeling good for X ring. I haven't lost anything yet, but I still have that month! I know there will be so many pictures taken that day and I hate it when it's a special occasion and you're all dolled up and so happy, and then you look at your pictures and you're like "I look like a fat cow". I don't want to let that feeling ruin my night!
So now that my stress month is over and maybe things will be a little more relaxed in November (No conferences, and it's before finals), I can make a little more headway on my goal.
I will hopefully be posting here more often too!
Just to refresh (since I may as well be starting new): cut out the junk, eat smaller portions, and exercise more. I've done it before, I can do it again!!

Anyway... enough about me. Loverly weather we are having here today, 14 degrees and sunny!! Beeeeaaaauuutiful!

Meowee: I was lurking and read about your kitten - so sorry to hear about it. I hope his sisters have avoided the plastic bag threat...And hope you're having a better day today.

And happy November, everyone! Can't believe it's here already... craziness!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hiya Canucks!

Meowee - so sorry for your loss of the kitty.

Thin - Welcome last month, I hope you stay with us in Nov!

Thanks to all of you for supporting my grumpiness last thread - I still feel like I need a kick in the butt, but things are improving.

Here's to a happy, healthy, goal-reaching November for all of us!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Yippee . . . finally found some Honeycrisp apples today -- if you haven't tried them, I heartily recommend them -- very sweet and very crisp.

I'm looking forward to a good November, too. Accomplished one great thing (for me) during October -- I actually did some kind of formal exercise every day but one or two. Goals for November -- keep up the exercise, and kick my nasty little Cool Whip addiction (must be the nasty HFCS they stuff in there) . Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little CW but I cannot seem to cope with the "little" part. It's become as bad for me as chocolate, ice cream, and peanut butter. So there are now four things on my avoid list.

Thanks for the good wishes about the kitten situation girls. I appreciate them. The other five cats are doing just fine and the little sisters seem to be coping just fine. Guess we all just know that Freckle has gone to that "good" place.

Anyway . . . hope everybody is having a great day. We've had a very mild, but extremely windy day. Just got home from my normal Thursday "shop 'til you drop" expedition with my buddy LouLou. Just made it in time because if is just pouring now.

Keep doing the good stuff, gang . . .
Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . wherever you are . . .

The weather station is still yelling HURRICANE for Nova Scotia, although so far, it is just overcast and not even particularly windy. Hopefully they are being overly cautious. Guess time will tell.

See you later . . . if I have power, that is.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Just wanted to let you know that our little 'affair' with Hurricane Noel was not as bad as originally predicted. It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad, though -- at least not right around my area, anyway. We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere ).
Old 11-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HAPPY NOVEMBER TO ALL OUR CANADIANS ~ I just happened across this thread by accident, again ... I know that there are lots of Canadians on this site, so it's sad to see only a couple posting here. My big problem is that I keep forgetting where this thread is located, and only seem to find it by accident, every now and then ...

OH, how the memory seems to fade as the years go by; I just turned 49 y/o in October, and I'm already having to make notes for my notes ~ LOL!

LINDA ~ GLAD to hear that you are still attached to us (Canada, I mean). We have a stray kitty out and about our place; a neighbour moved and couldn't catch it before he left, so we have been putting out some food for it, but the dang neighbourhood dogs keep stealing it (we have to shoo them away), so we had to put it somewhere less obvious. Now Dh is trying to figure out if it is the kitty, a chipmunk or bird, or dog eating the food.

WE have been getting our Christmas lights up early, taking advantage of the *** delay up here in the far north. We put up red lights across the roof and today DH put up his favorite ~ a very large cross he made several years ago (he put white lights on it); the neighbours asked him to put it back up this year (he had accidentally knocked it down with his trailer two years back).

So, he got it back up on the building today; I went out to help him, as it is so big, it kept falling down on him ~ poor guy! And then he put back up our antenna wire which our last big storm knocked down. All that is left is a Christmas treeoutside and the indoor stuff which we will have done by the beginning of December, I think.

ANYWAYS, that's all for now; hope you all are having as good weather as we are here. I'll try to drop by more often, and I think that I will put up a sticky on my PC to remind me what forum this thread is in. Take care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

HI everybody . . .

Wow it has been a cold one today. The winds, however, are so calm, the quiet is deafening.

Glad you found us again Rosebud -- try to remember to subscribe to the thread -- click on the "thread tools" button at the top of the first post on the page and follow the directions.

Have a great rest of the day, gang . . .
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #10  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS LINDA ~ I did the subscription thing and then it sent me right back here; not sure what this will do now, but I guess I will find out soon enough ~ LOL! I really didn't know about all that stuff at the top of the page ...

BTW ~ I also finally found those HONEY CRISP APPLES this week too; I just bought a couple to try them (wish I had bought more): they are absolutely delish! They kinda remind me of 'Juicy Fruit' gum in an apple, and they are indeed 'crispy'. My faves before were MacIntosh & Granny Smith, but now I must add the HONEYCRISP too. Someone here at 3fc's recommended them.

WELL, I'm off to start dinner, take care ... ROSEBUD.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Just click on User CP (the first entry on the purple line at the very top of the page). Yoy'll get a listing of all the threads you 'subscribe' to that have new posts since the last time you checked -- very handy little tool.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #12  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies! Hope everybody is doing well! I am (finally) able to report a loss this week.... down 2 lbs!!! woooooo!!!
Very happy that my new resolve is paying off... now I gotta stick to it.

Noel wasn't that nice to us in the Antigonish highlands... lots of broken/uprooted trees, which caused some major power outages. We were okay in town once they cleared the roads, but the county lost power for at least Sunday; they said everybody wouldn't get it back till today or tomorrow.
So still attached, but definitely an impact here.

Anywho... I'll be around! :P
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Beautiful day today . . . high of 10 and lots of lovely sunshine . . . I've been out most of the day.

Hope everybody else is having a good one. . .
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all!

Glad to hear you Nova Scotians are still attached to us! My boyfriend is from Halifax, and his dad and stepmom still live out there, so we were following the storm closely, hoping they'd be okay. Now I can relax.

My big news for today is that we FINALLY sold our old car today! YAHOO! In August it started having problems, and we couldn't afford the repairs. We got signed onto a lease for a new car (VW Rabbit which I loooove) and have been trying to sell the old one since. It finally sold this morning!! I'm happy to see it go, because it's been weighing on me; I'm a little sad, too, though, because we have some great memories tied to that car!

It's a cold and rainy day here, of course. Vancouver in November - nice and predictable. I'm at work for the day, then heading out to go bowling with my brownie group! It should be... interesting.

Hope you're all having a happy hump day!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi Marianne . . . glad to hear the car is sold . . . actually, the pundits have been saying that Pictou County (where I am) took the brunt of the storm this time and that things in Halifax were quite gentle - well compared to Juan four years ago.

Today started out very rainy -- thought I was going to drown putting out the garbage -- but the day finished up quite nice and sunny, although it is not exactly warm.

Hi to everybody else wherever you are hiding. Hope the day has been good to you . . . see you soon . . .
Closed Thread