Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #1  

Default How much can you lose on take off

I am starting it tomorrow and was curious as to what people's results were.
Also, how often do you do it?
lilird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

LAWL says not to do takeoff more than every two weeks. You don't have to do it that often if you don't want to.

Results vary. I think the more you have to lose, the more you do lose. I only lost a pound or two, but I also didn't do a takeoff until two months into the program...I have heard of great results from people here who started LAWL by doing takeoff
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I like to do the TO every once in a while to get me back on track. When I find myself not measuring enough, picking up little bites here and there, or in general not really focused on my eating I will force myself back onto plan by doing the TO. I do cheat on TO. I allow myself some tomatoes and other non-green veggies. I make a veggie soup and use that as my main course(s) for the two days.
The protein is way too little and I am not really sure why they have us doing this but I do like having a tool to refocus my efforts. Plus, I am usually relieved to be back on regular plan, I can drop 1-2 pounds with TO.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday Cool View Post
I like to do the TO every once in a while to get me back on track. When I find myself not measuring enough, picking up little bites here and there, or in general not really focused on my eating I will force myself back onto plan by doing the TO. I do cheat on TO. I allow myself some tomatoes and other non-green veggies. I make a veggie soup and use that as my main course(s) for the two days.
The protein is way too little and I am not really sure why they have us doing this but I do like having a tool to refocus my efforts. Plus, I am usually relieved to be back on regular plan, I can drop 1-2 pounds with TO.
Is take off different than fast forward? You mentioned that the protein is way too little but I am on day two of fast forward and am allowed unlimited protein.
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I always lose 4-6 lbs when I do a TO. My problem with them is that I always gain some if not all of that weight back the next week when I have a full week of regular portions. COD is trying to figure that one out. They say that's not right. I'm just trying to avoid those now because they frustrate me. I like the loss but am very deflated when it comes back. Please remember I am the exception and not the rule though.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Judy, Yes take off is limited to 6 oz of protein a day, but you get to have two LA Lite bars a day too.

I've done TO somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 times. I've dropped 5 pounds and I've lost nothing...

I'm not sure that I will be doing more take offs. They are great for me to see a temporary weight loss, and it does make me feel good, but the problem is that the loss is very temporary for me and what is the point of that, and I think it has helped to slow down my metabolism a bit... So really... I would use them sparingly and occasionally, just when you really need help to refocus and not as a license to overeat and you will "fix" it with a TO.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #7  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Barbara - a kindred spirit! Nice to know I'm not alone.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #8  

Thank you Barbara for clearing that up for me. I am new to this program and have alot of questions :-)
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

I dont do it often, either, but cause of the special (3 for price of 2) and that XMas is around the corner, thought, why not, so will do once more b4 Xmas and then another after the New Year. Then that's it for at least 2-3 months!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Shannon, I actually was writing about my temporary TO losses while you posted. So it was a group warning of the occasionally temporary nature of the TO loss....

Lucia, I bought the 3 for 2 deal last Christmas for the Take off. I think I did it one time when I caught a stomach flu and just knew I wouldn't eat anyway and that way they didn't lecture me for not eating (not that I ever got a lecture for that!)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #11  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

TO has never done a thing for me and I've tried all the variations of it so I don't even bother anymore
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #12  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

I have always been told that TO is not to cause weight loss. It's to 'restart' your body. It's to remind your body that it's supposed to be loosing, not maintaining. That being said, I usually lose a pound or three. But I don't do them that often either. I've been on the program since late March (about 8 months) and have done 4 TOs. And that's only because when I signed up, they screwed up and gave me 4 bottles instead of the one I was supposed to get. In fact, I joked after my last TO that it was my last one. I can't afford $25 for a bottle of juice!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote