Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default Dairy Question

I am on day 2 of the fast forward and have gone through my materials so that I know what to do starting tomorrow (I am doing the online version). Anyway, does anyone else think it is odd that we only get one dairy? I figured it was because the LA Lights were probably calcium fortified but I noticed that they don't have much calcium either. I also figured a dairy could be substituted for a protein but it doesn't look like it can be.
Has anyone else questioned this?
Judy
judyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Can't say that I ever did... It might be because cheese isn't high on the list of things we're supposed to eat due to all the fat and sodium, not to mention that much of the cheese out there is highly processed..

I'm not a big dairy consumer other than a glass of milk with my toast, but I do enjoy cheese and yogurt..

Hmmmm.. Now you've got me curious too...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Hi
On my program, I get two dairy. Which program are you on? I am on plan 2.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

The newer numbered plans do tend to have more dairy servings (as in 2 instead of 1). Plus they generally add one serving of dairy during stabilization. LF cheese can be counted both ways, as either a dairy or a protein, so there is some that can be used either way. They do recommend calcium supplements (which they sell). If you are on a plan with 1/2 protein servings, the string cheese is a great way to get that 1/2 in.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #5  

This is interesting. I am new to the program but I was not put on a numbered program but the purple program (I am doing the online version).
Lucia I am surprised that we are on different plans because our stats aren't the different.
Judy
Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Judy, the numbered plans were only brought into some centers, not everyone going to a center does the numbered plans. You will find information and people on this site doing either plan

Honestly, only the LAWL dietician can answer why we only have one dairy (I am on purple as well). I figure it was because when they were figuring out the food/calories they decided to give only one dairy so they could alot us more protein. In the coloured plans, the red or red1 plan (can never get the two straight) gets two dairy, but they also have more calories to fill. I could be totally wrong on this reasoning, just my thoughts.

Anyhoo, welcome, and good luck
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyt View Post
This is interesting. I am new to the program but I was not put on a numbered program but the purple program (I am doing the online version).
Lucia I am surprised that we are on different plans because our stats aren't the different.
Judy
Hi Judy,
There now are two different companies selling LA weight loss plans. Some of us are using franchise centers and we are on numbered plans; some are using the corporate center plans which are the color coded plans. So that is why you and Lucia are on different plans while you have similar stats.

The numbered plans which are newer have smaller portion sizes for proteins and therefore there is room for an additional dairy in the menu. I believe, it is assumed or suggested that everyone take calcium especially when trying to lose weight.

week 47
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 57 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Last edited by Lynx; 11-28-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #8  

Thank you everyone for clearing this up for me. I do take a calcium supplement daily. I am just so used to the weight watchers way of thinking (minimum 2 dairy per day).
Judy