General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Crocs Footwear: Love 'em or hate 'em?

I just bought a new pair of Crocs last weekend. They are chocolate brown in color and the Mary Jane style. I LOVE THESE SHOES! They are really comfortable and I even walked around the flea market for 2 hours without a problem, and I have a bum knee! I just wanted to see what others thought of these shoes in general since they were introduced 5 years ago. I find people either love 'em or hate 'em. My BIL bought a pair while on the US mainland a few years ago and when he brought them home, I thought they were ugly as sin! He insisted they were comfortable, whatever! I said.... I wouldn't wear them Then my hubby bought me a pair of Athens slippers while we were on the Big Island 2 years ago and they were great on the boat, no worries about losing your footing. I don't wear them often, but I always do if I'm forced to go to sea

Do you own any? Which style and where do you wear them?
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

I think they are hideous and have heard they cause many foot injuries. To each his own though. if you love em work it out.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlabulessPhyllis View Post
I think they are hideous and have heard they cause many foot injuries. To each his own though. if you love em work it out.
AGREE
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . except in the rain . . . if you step in a puddle your feet get wet.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I think they are ugly, but I like them for around the house or to run quick outside, but not in public. And if you wear them without socks and your feet sweat OMG, they stink. (My sister has some that she wears ALWAYS without socks...BARF!)
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #6  

I have the sandals and they are comfy. Not sure if I will buy the mary janes though, I can't wear them at work.

Last edited by MissGiggles; 11-27-2007 at 06:18 PM.
MissGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I think they're ugly but I've heard they are the most comfortable shoe ever. The injuries are few but they made the news a few weeks back--like with anything you can get hurt if you're not paying attention. Anyway, I just don't like the colors so I doubt I'll buy any (although I am tempted to try them just to see if they REALLY are comfortable).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I agree that they are ugly, but comfortable. The injuries have come with little children getting them caught in things...the material seems to have a propensity for getting caught up in escalators. For adults, though, I don't think they are dangerous. Just UGLY.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think they are ugly and wouldn't wear myself. I tried on a pair of Mary Jane crocs that were $4 at the store (clearance) and uhh my feet looked like stuffed sausages in them. Not a very good look.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I totally agree that they're ugly, but they sort of grew on me. In my old age I go for comfort over style. As for the stinky feet, I think one's personal hygiene comes into play! I take care of my feet and use Melaleuca Sole to Soul foot spray before ever putting on any shoes.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #11  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

I wore mine to work when I worked in the nursing home as a call in I cannot count how many times I nearly fell or tripped ,one of my co -workers actually broke her foot a few weeks ago now they have banned the crocs at the nursing home and the hospital , the crocs for some strange reason seem to stick to the floor , I really like them in the summer when I'm playing in the garden except when it is wet out not so comfortable then.
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Funny, I don't find them comfortable. The nubs on the insoles irritate the soles of my feet. Plus, they make my feet look a lot wider then they are and trust me I don't need wider looking feet!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #13  
No description available.

Love to wear them on-call. Baby goo comes off them very easily.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

They are ugly as sin, and I agree that they make wide feet look even wider. They're like a budget version of Birkenstock clogs.

But I can walk for miles and miles in them and not get sore feet. They're extremely lightweight and you can sanitize them easily. I keep mine in my car for impromptu exercise opportunities.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I think they're nightmarishly hideous and though people claim they're comfortable, they look to me like they would hurt. I'm not going to try them, though, because I can't put something that ugly on my person. Were I a single girl, a man in crocs would be completely undateable no matter what other fantastic attributes he might possess!

That said, I think everyone should rock whatever shoes they want to rock. People might think my shoes are hideous too.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote