Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default I couldn't do it

I could not do 2 days of TO. I tried but was going a bit nutty. I did it perfect yesterday and today am doing blue plan b/c I just could not survive another moment - I hope I still see a loss by the end of the week. I am going to work out and truly stick to this plan! I want 5lbs off by Christmas.
lilird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
sscott

Don't sweat it! You will still see a loss! Stick to the plan and try to get a little activity during the day and you will be fine. I am doing a TO today and tomorrow and I feel you on the "going a bit nutty". I hate TO's, but I needed to do something after Thanksgiving! Opps But, it sure tasted good Keep up the hard work and you will see that 5 lbs gone in no time!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #3  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Try to get in as much activity as possible! I lost the most weight when I was exercising! I even saw a loss of 4lbs in 4 days! Stay focused and remember you are going to love the new you!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

lillard, TO is hard! I've done a one day TO before, as sometimes it just seems harder than others. Did you just start with LAWL? If you stick with the plan, and you just started, your chances of seeing 5 pounds gone by Christmas are good.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Dear Lilird,
Please do not be disappointed in yourself because you only did one day of take off. I personally think it is a good thing that this happened to you. This is solely my opinion, but I think that TO becomes a crutch for many people. After 9 months of reading the posts on this board, I have followed people's success and struggles to eat healthier and to lose weight. LA weight loss is a life style adjustment plan.

You can loss weight safely and learn new good habits. I have never done a TO and I have had to adjust to eating differently and learning from my past eating pitfalls. Good luck to you and just follow the plan and you will do well.

week 47
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 57 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Ditto here on not relying on TO. I'm actually banned by COD from doing it, they're personal belief that if you're on Red for activity of Blue you are banned from doing one.

Just get yourself back on plan and keep your activity level up, something will still come on off.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #7  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

On the rare occasion that I do TO, I have a hard time as well. I generally do well the first day but by half way through day 2, I have a terrible migraine. You can, though, add 1 slice lite bread and 8 oz. skim milk each day. That's from my COD. Also, I had a counsellor tell me on the side, that adding some extra veggies won't hurt either. The last time I did a TO, I just added a few more things, too, trying not to get that migraine. You just have to limit what you add and make sure it's POP. I added a starch or two and a fat. No extra protein or fruits and that was on top of the bread and milk. Just FYI.
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I always fudge my TO a little. I allow some tomatoes, 1/2 oz LF cheese on an egg white omelet, and 8oz of protein. Plus, by the end of day two I let myself have popcorn or one other starch. The day before TO I make a veggie soup with onion, celery, carrots, frozen veggies, beef broth and one can of crushed tomatoes. I eat that for breakfast and dinner. I eat veggies until my stomach hurts and the gas gets bad (Poor DH).
I really just use TO as a way to get myself back on track, reminding myself what it feels like to be hungry as opposed to just wanting to eat. The next day OP seems so much more doable.
This is supposed to be about a life style change. We cannot do things to lose weight that we would not do in real life. severely restricted diets do not work and if you feel like sh&@ the diet will not work at all.
It took years of poor choices to get us here it will take years for us to really relearn how to choose well.
Think long haul not quick fix. In fact that is my new mantra. Long haul this way!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/195/169

Height: 5'9"

Gosh....I am glad to know that I am not the only one who struggles with TO. I have officially banned doing TO. I kept telling myself that I can do anything for two days, and I did it, but I was miserable the entire 48 hours!!!
proud2bme is offline   Reply With Quote