General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default Oh my God, I have to ask...

This is so weird, but I figured I should ask all of you guys, because I know we can all have a good sense of humor about stuff dealing with the body...

Do you ever find a random hair that is growing, like, "out of control" somewhere on your body? I just found a single growing on my shoulder that had to be like over an inch and a half long... can anyone say, eew? How come I never noticed it before???? I have had this happen to me once or twice before too, but in different spots. And, while I may have a little more hair than the average girl, I am certainly no wooly mammoth. LOL, am I the only one that gets these?? I just had to ask...
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #2  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I am hairier than average - a lot. But not on my upper arms, yet I had one long and very dark hair that was growing there on my left upper arm, rather conspicuously. I just kept yanking it out. It grew back finer and lighter each time and now it no longer grows back. It is gone.

(Too bad that techniqe hasn't worked anywhere else on my body.)
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I have one hair that grows long right between my boobs. It disgusts me every single time, but I just yank it out. Thank goodness there is only one!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

LOL okay, so I am not the only one. It's funny how the body does weird stuff like that. Slash... right between the boobs? what a funny spot. I actually found one coming out of the side of my neck once... yanked it out and it never came back. So odd...
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I have 3 really long chin hairs that I have to tweeze every now and again. I refer to them as my "witch hairs." Lol.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Totally common. My partner has one that grows out of the middle of her forehead - her grandmother, when she was little, called it her "unicorn hair" so she doesn't pluck it, just lets it grow. I found a long one on my chest the other day.

Sometimes our bodies just grow a random hair. Nothing to be concerned about.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes, how funny.....I have about 10 chin hairs I tweeze and about 4 hairs on my boobies I pluck. Gets worse with age. YIKES!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Ah, the joys of hormones!

My S/O has a "unicorn" hair too, we call it his "Third Eye". It's grey (he has dark brown hair everywhere else).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #9  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I keep getting these stray eyebrows on my chin.

Honestly, I'll have my face waxed and then in a day or two it's like zuccini! You go to bed at night and there is nothing there. You get up the next morning and there is one the size of Montana!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

So very normal. I'm pretty average hair-wise, but I've got a few random hairs (some lighter, some darker) growin' around. Nothing all too weird. Truly I believe I'm the only person who notices, but if they get to be bothersome I just pluck them and forget about them until they grow back a month later.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I have one long hair that grows above my upper eyelash line, so that everytime I'm trying to apply masacara, that one long hair gets it too--looks pretty darn weird so I always pluck it out when it gets too unruly. The first time I saw it I thought it was a stray strand of cotton from a q-tip or something, then I grabbed it with the tweezer and it was attached to my eyelid!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

yep same here.. I usually just pluck them and sometimes they grow back and some of them don't thank goodness..
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #13  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Every once in a while I'll have a single 2 - 3 inch long "peach fuzz" hair on my chin. LOL I can usually feel it if a breeze is blowing in my face.

Once I had a co worker think it was a stray hair that just fell off my head and stuck to my cheek. She plucked it out for me how embarassing.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #14  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I have a blond hair that sprouts off my left earlobe Every so often, I find it, usually after it gets to be about 1" or so.

If you ever go swimming in muddy water, as I did once, when you come out of the water, you find all kinds of weird ones. I never knew I had thousands of tiny chest hairs until then. Thankfully also blonde! Sure wouldn't want to be Epilady'ing those! Epi-Ow!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #15  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralynn View Post
Once I had a co worker think it was a stray hair that just fell off my head and stuck to my cheek. She plucked it out for me how embarassing.
(ouch!)
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote