Old 11-22-2007, 07:12 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Thanksgiving Weekend Chat: Nov. 22-25

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Have a great day!!

Last edited by LBH; 11-22-2007 at 07:13 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #2  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

HAVE A GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE...IM OFF TO THE AIRPORT (ITS 530 AM!)...MY MOM AND MY BROTHER WILL BE HERE IN AN HOUR...WE ARE SPENDING THANSGIVING WITH DOMINIC AT HIS PROGRAM WITH ALL OF US AND EVERYONE ELSES FAMILY..SHOULD BE INTERESTING!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gobble gobble. Hope everyone has a beautiful day. DH and I will be spending turkey day here with FIL. Got the turkey in the oven (slow cooking)...soon i need to get the rest ready. Hope everyone has a great day with friends and family.

GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

GG ~ so happy to hear of that you'll be having some serious time off this next month!

Christina ~ you love that boy of yours so much... God bless you and your family for going and spending the day with him. I do hope that it's a good day for all.

BTW, GG you mentioned buying your turkey from Whole Foods. We bought ours from there a couple of years ago ~ delicious! This year we bought one a brined one from Trader Joe's. I'm curious about what it'll taste like. Won't find out though until tomorrow as that is when we're fixing our meal here at home. We're going to my mom's today and the whole family will be there. Time to go finish the topping for the cranberry salad that I've made. DH is working on the pumpkin pies. Hope that it's a great day for everyone!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well I stepped on the scale today and it said I had lost 9 lbs. I think it's all the snot I've been blowing out. No seriously, I worked stock and did lots of lifting and carrying of heavy objects.

I am by myself today, I could go down and see my grandparents ~ but I don't want to get them sick and I need to do some laundry before I leave this house.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #6  

woohooo lisa...congrats

joan - we brine out turkey...it usually helps keep it moist. I'm excieted about the fresh turkey..i've never had one (always had frozen). I've heard they taste great.

Turkey day is going well so far. DH and FIL are putting together his new toy (DH bought a very large table saw)...the turkey is getting there...just checked it...30 more degrees and he's ready to come out of the oven. He's been slow roasting since 6 am. Making him nice and juicy. I've roasted the garlic for my mash potatoes...every thing is prepped..just waiting for mr. bird to do his thing then while he rests...everything gets to cook. So in probably 30 min i'll be doing 20 different things...but i'm excited. I like cooking so its not a problems. Its been a pleasant day so far. Rained this am...which is great since we need so much more...but its nice to see some wettness. Okay hope everyones feast goes well.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!
I miss you all guys, it has been very busy around here, happy to say it has ALL BEEN GOOD!
Happy Thanks Giving every one!

Lisa I would come and get you if you were not so far away, big huge hug to you! hey congratulations on the big 9 loss,that is great!!!! I will probably put on that weight on tonight! lol!

Christina I am sure it is going to be interesting, Enjoy!!!

My dh bought the turkey I have no clue where, but I know he was saying it was pricy this year, there were no offers this year like the do every other year, like buy so many groceries and get the turkey for free or for so much a Lb. Well he put the bird in the bbq about 8 am, I got everything cooked yesterday so today is just relaxing and enjoying the company 15 people are coming over.

HAVE A WONDERFUL GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY!!!

happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #8  

well turkey dinner went pretty well. I actually didn't overeat for once in my life. Now, i do believe i ate a lot less healthier...but normally i gorge myself. Very proud. Most all of the food turned out perfect except the turkey. I think the meat thermometer isn't working right, because i kept waiting for it to read the appropriate temp (160 in the dark meat) and when it finally did and i let the turkey rest..it was a bit dry. It did taste great even if it was a little dry. So i'm happy. We'll have a little pie later. For now the boys are back in the garage. I'm just relaxing after the cooking and cleaning. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #9  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Hello all! Wow has it been a cRaZy thanksgiving here in Texas. Monday we had a tie for the record high temp of 84 degrees. Today, I kid you not, it snowed all freakin' day. Everyone says if you don't like the weather in Texas, blink a couple of times, it'll change. Well this week they're definitely right. I've been griping about the hot weather and wishing for some more fall like temps but we took a long jump from hot to winter in one leap!! But, being a Texas girl and not getting to see much snow I really enjoyed it. So, did the kids. My dad's horse even got excited. He was running up and down the fence line making all sorts of noise. Probably the first time the 'ol boy hasn't been hot in months!!

Dinner was awesome. I ate more than I should have but not nearly as much as I normally would. We went to my parents house. My sister and her family, two of my uncles, and some family friends were there. Nothing like our usual turn out of nearly 40 people but I really enjoyed things being a little more peaceful than normal.

Mom and I are headed out at about 4:00am to get some door buster shopping done. It's a tradition for us and since she's been sick with cancer for the last several years, traditions are more important than ever for her and I.

Well, I wish everyone a !!

BTW-BJ, Joan, GG- TOM prevented child free festivities in my house yesterday!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #10  

happy friday all. Got to go to work soon, but just thought i'd say hey there. Im definately glad i'm working, I don't like shopping like other on black friday. the crowds annoy me. Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #11  

Mornin' Everyone...

4me4ben4will ~ wow! I can't believe the weather that you're having. 84 degrees one day and then the next. Sure did make for a pretty Thanksgiving I bet. Have fun shopping today with your mom.

GG ~ sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving with FIL. Roasting garlic to put in the mashed potatoes ~ YUM!

Today will be spent here at home painting the last room on the main level (yippee!). I have to the living room painted before we bring the tree in around the second weekend in December. I'm also working on our holiday meal for here this evening. I'm doing the whole schmeal and my kids are already complaing... none of them like stuffing, cranberries or mashed potatoes (???). So, I guess they'll fill up on turkey, hot rolls and sweet potatoes. Mike is already working on hanging outside lights up. I love this time of year!!!!!! To those of you that love shopping on this day, here's hoping that you finds many, many bargains!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #12  

could I possibly have more typos? It's too early... must get coffee;-)
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

MOrning All!

Thanksgiving Day was a success here. I was soooo stressed out that we wouldn't get everything cleaned up, plus all the food cooked! But DH got up at 4:30 and got the turkey going on the smoker. I got up at 6 and started cleaning up the kitchen and getting the sides cooked. I actually had the mashies done by 8:30, and the broccoli casserole and stuffing not long after that! So everything went in the fridge until later, and I got to cleaning. The living room and dining room were packed full of furniture and bags of clothes. We put the clothes in the basement and office and the furniture to various places!

I went to Pier 1 and got 3 Sugared Pecan pillar candles in different sizes, and a tray to put them on. I had some fall looking popurri at home that I put around the candles on the tray. It looked really nice. I went to a curtain outlet around the corner from my mom's and got a really nice damask table cloth in a sagey green color. They didn't have any runners, so I got 4 cotton dish towels in a fall leaf pattern that had rust, green and other fall colors in them, and I lined up 3 of them down the center as a runner. The 4th one I put on the buffet with the ice bucket on it.

I took pics with my cell phone, but i have to find my charger and charge it up so I can e/m them to myself and post them!

Glad to hear everyone had a great day! I'll try and check back later.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Same old work grind here. Hope everyone had an enjoyable turkery day.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, for those of you shopping today all I can say is: Are you nuts? I worked today and I must say we had lines at all our registers, and it was a madhouse. We couldn't even get off the register, unless there was someone to step into our place. Everyone was nice about it though ~ "oh it only took us a half hour in line here. At Kohls we had to wait 2 hours." Bah.

Someone said to me, "Oh I just love this time of year, and Christmas shopping, dont you?" My response was "It's already done!" I am not going to be shopping in these crowds, after working with them all day. I know I am a Scrooge. All I can say is: "stop the madness"

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote