Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default I can stick to it!

So. I didn't want to come back until I had accomplished something or could stick to something.

While I was gone 260 became my steady high weight, and I tried a few different things and considered going to a therapist for my weight.

While I was gone I broke up with my boyfriend, and suddenly, I just became more relaxed. I didn't have to worry about what he thought of my body nor did I have a deadline of when to lose the weight. I wasn't arguing with someone. I realized that I am too immature for a relationship at this point in time, and even though I love him, we are just living and taking care of ourselves at this point in time. But this isn't about him.

No, I have been worrying about me. I started sleeping on time and I started going to school everyday. I virtually feel no stress...and I feel I am thinking about me.

And tra la la! I see that I can stick to something. I figured out that counting calories or sticking to my rules to a T wasn't for me. I figured out that I needed a realistic guideline, and I've stopped beating myself up if I don't do something like I said I would.

Now I go out for walks until I get tired, not because I need to walk for a certain amount of time. Yesterday I ate more than I would have liked, but I didn't beat myself up and I didn't binge...and I STILL lost weight!

I've stuck to this since the 12th and I've lost about 6 pounds...that's what the scale says. I really don't care as much what the scale says. I know I'm eating less. And I'm not gonna come on here often, but I know I have a long way to go and I will need support occasionally.

Also, I didn't die. I'd also like to apologize to the people I annoyed, and tell people who feel they don't have control over themselves, that they do, but their control weakens if they aren't being realistic and if they worry too much.

My guidelines is 3 meals a day, normal portions, home foods (no fast food, no restaurant food, no extremely unncessary goodies), and go to school everyday.

I eat 3 meals a day and a snack if I am hungry.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

You're doing awesome! Keep it up.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #3  

Great job, good luck with your journey.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gamer,

Good to hear from you again! I think it's good that you are having a more stable life, going to bed on time, going to school. A routine can be really important and helpful.

Good luck with your weight loss! It sounds like you're learning how to do it, and you haven't given up. You really are a diet ninja, and I'm glad you posted!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Gamer!!! It's so good to hear from you.

Sounds like you've really been getting things in order and that you've come to some great realizations. I'm sure this will aid you not only with your weight loss, but life in general. Good luck to you on all fronts. And remember, whenever you need us, we're here for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I remember talking to you before... glad to hear you're doing so well. Keep it up!!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello! And welcome back.

I remember your name, but not much else.

It's amazing how getting rid of a stressor can help. And setting up a routine. Routines that let you get sleep and keep you focused on everthing help a lot I find.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Awesome GAMER!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Nice to hear from you Gamer! Glad to hear things are going well.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm so glad that you have found something that works for you!
Please keep us updated on your progress.
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote