Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #1  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Default mini trampoline

i orginally posted this in the excerise forum but recieved no replies so i'm trying it here:

i have been looking for an effective workout to do at home and i have recently been looking into getting a mini tramp but i live upstairs in a small, small apt. and i was just wondering if this is a good idea and if mini tramps are a good thing for daily excerise and weightloss?
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I just got one myself -- and I live in an upstairs apt too So far, I like that it's low impact & the neighbors aren't bothered by it at all. I think calorie wise it is a decent workout - not as high sa jogging but then again, it's MUCH less stress on the knees & ankles (and more fun). I've just been jumping up & down or jogging in place for 5 minutes bursts so far...but so far so good!
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #3  

I loved my mini trampoline when I had it many years ago. I wouldn't mind getting another one. Just jumping up and down is good, you can run on it, jumping jacks were an awesome workout on it.

I would turn on my radio and my goal would be to get to the next commercial. Within weeks, I would end up on it a lot longer I could get through an hour without even realizing it had been that long.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

As long as your ceilings aren't really low - the trampoline is raised about 8 inches so when you're jumping if you get too enthusiastic you could bump your head - the mini trampoline would be a good cardio option.

You can march and do high knees or do a run in place jog or just jump on it. The thing I liked best was that it was easier on the joints rather than running on hard pavement. I love mine too - it's one of my favorite pieces of at home work out equipment.

Put some good songs on the IPOD and crank out a good routine.

Oh and it does have rubber feet on the legs so it doesn't make a thumping noise when you're jumping on it in case you were wondering if it would disturb the neighbors downstairs. When you're done with it you can lay it flat against the wall - might be a bit too high to slide under the bed. And it's a big hit with the little nieces and nephews!

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-08-2006 at 01:05 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #5  

I also love my mini trampoline. I have it set up right next to the weight bag in the garage and I jog on the trampoline while punching the weight bag. When I'm done with a half hour workout, I'm soaked in sweat and I can definitely tell I've had a great work out.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Have had mine over a year and still haven't tired of it. The thing I like the most is it doesn't take any time to do and it's gentle on my knees. I also had my bladder tied back up and can't run, jog, etc. This doesn't seem to irritate it. I think people don't realize yet just how many benefits you receive with rebounding!
Darl2541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm considering one. Are you still in love with it? I can't afford the Urban Rebounder. I think I'll get the one at Walmart. If I like it and it doesn't fall apart, I'll go for a more expensive one.

Where did you get yours?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am reviving this thread in lieu of starting a new one because I want to know what those who have a mini trampoline think of them. Also, I would like brand recommendations. Thank you in advance!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 AM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I have the Wal-Mart one and I absolutely love it (when I actually use it).
It came with a rather low-budget workout video which I also like...For some reason the girl in the video seems like she really cares LOL. I am corny like that.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #10  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I have the Wal-Mart one and I absolutely love it (when I actually use it).
It came with a rather low-budget workout video which I also like...For some reason the girl in the video seems like she really cares LOL. I am corny like that.
I do as well. I love it, I keep it under my coffee table and when I am watching TV I will pull it out and sit on it. Lmao. No, really- I sit on it. When I get fidgety I eventually start jumping and when I am done I sit back down and then I do it again and again. LoL. Sometimes jumping out weighs the sitting and sometimes not. Either way, any movement is good movement and it is FUN!
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #11  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

LOL I remember 4 years ago when I lived in our apartment, I bought a "Fat Burning for Dummies" video. It was a 45 minute aerobics video. I ended up getting a warning because it was disturbing the neighbors below. I received a letter saying "the noise of your jumping around by a person of your size severely disturbs the other tenants of the building, this is your last warning, the next point of contact will be an eviction notice" - not exact wording... theirs was much more rude.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 12-30-2007 at 08:11 PM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 122/119/100

how many calories do you burn with 10minutes trampoline, continuous bouncing. i get so many answer over the web.

any workout to do on the trampoline?
deviline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I just bought one, at a sporting goods store for $39 on sale. I spent a few weeks on vacation with someone who had one, I enjoyed it. I just read a book that said it's the best exercise for that "endorphin" high, to feel good, and bouncing has all sorts of medical benefits besides just losing weight. My friend had hers outdoors for the fresh air but I think I'll keep mine inside while watching tv or in the am. The book said just jumping a few times for 5-10 min does wonders. There's some dvds on bouncing if you google for them, but me, I just want to jog and jump. Really makes you sweat. Sweat is good.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #14  
I think I can...

S/C/G: 230/151/118

Height: 5'0"

I just bought one today... I have been stalking this forum for a while. We are going to New York for our anniversary in a few months, and I really just want to reach a mini goal by then. I am hoping that the mini trampoline will help me. I hate to exercise, but I like trampolines... Does anyone think this really works?
smnolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

I love my urban rebounder. I managed to find a great deal on amazon for a rebounder. It's a bit stiffer than a Needak but I think that is what help builds my leg muscles better.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote