Old 11-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #1  

Default My 6 Week Body Makeover Challenge~

I have decided to put it all out there and do this for six weeks. I will post my current weight - Pics - measurements - times and dates I exercise - and you can follow my progress.

I have been vertically challenged all of my life. I am 5'3". Short with a booty - a big booty. My butt has seen it's betters days, but for the most part I have always had to struggle with my weight.

I was sitting at home watching tube when I cam across Michael Thurmonds 6 Week Body Makeover infomercial, when this diet started to sound strangely familiar. About 10 years ago I went to a "Medical Weight Clinic" and filled out a questionnaire, they took my blood pressure, my weight, my measurements, my money, my time, and gave me a piece of paper that had what to eat, when, and come back in 2 weeks to measure, and take again. Well to my amazement, it worked! I was on my way. I lost all of the weight I wanted too and I wasn't hungry at all I was eating all the time. Well the clinic closed down and they referred out contracts to another facility too far away for me to go. So I followed the plan and gave it to my friend to copy and she never gave it back.....ooops. Since then I have struggled, I have been up and down on every pill and mail order food diet out there to try and get the results I had before....so today is the day I get back to the me I like!

Would anyone out there on the 6WBMO care to share in their experience as well?

Here are my Current stats....
Weight 170
Neck - 13"
shoulders - 42"
chest - 41"
Biceps - L: 14.5" R: 14.5"
waist - 34"
forearms - L: 9.5" R: 9.5"
hips - 46"
Thighs - L: 25" R: 25"
calves - 15"

Goal weight is 125-130lbs

I will post back every Monday to update progress and measurements.
Please feel free to post your questions...I can only answer from my experience as these plans are customized depending on the questionnare that comes with the program. If this works like I think it will - it will be worth every penny spent!

My First Goal is not to cheat on my plan for this whole week if I can do that - I will reward myself with a facial!
ChristinaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/130

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Christine -

I'll join in with you. I just finished my first week on Sunday and lost 5.5lbs so I am psyched. I eat all the time and at first I hated the food but I'm getting used to it now. I'm not hungry and I'm not craving anything so that is good. I am going off the diet on Thanksgiving but will try to practice portion control.

I really hate to post my measurements in public but here goes.

Weight 179/173.5/130
Neck - 15"
shoulders - 42"
chest - 44"
Biceps - 13.25"
waist - 40.5"
forearms - Didn't measure, unless they start looking like Popeye's I don't care
hips - 45"
Thighs - 26"
calves - 16"

I'm weighing in every Sinday but only measuring every other week. So I'll be here to check in with you on Mondays!
NCDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #3  

Yay!!! Wonderful loss! And thanks for posting your stats! It will be so worth it when you can post it all on your goal day! I know this is going to work! And you are right the food takes some getting used to, b/c you think Tuna for snack? lol. We can do this!

Exercise: lastnight Zumba! for 45 minutes.

I will rest today and do my 18 minute sculpting workout Wednesday.

I will post then ~ unless there are some other brave souls who would like to join Deb and myself and put it all out there!!! You can do it! :-)
Old 11-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  

Okay since I only have 3 posts I have to wait till 10 posts to attach pics so my pic in in my Profile picture :-) This picture was taken on the day I ran a 5k in 35 minutes for my Boyfriends dad who has been stricken with LieoMyoSarcoma pm me to learn more about this terrible cancer. I'm not out of shape as far as my muscles and drive go...just my body likes to hold onto the wrong things when I eat them...Keep on keepin on!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #5  

Default Week 2 Weigh In

Hi Christina,

I did go off plan at Thanksgiving Dinner only but here's my stats for Week 2.

Weight - 179/170/130
Neck - 15"/14.75"
Shoulders - 42"/42"
Chest - 44"/43.25"
Biceps - 13.25"/12.5"
Waist - 40.5"/38.5"
Hips - 45"/44"
Thighs - 26"/25"
Calves - 16"/15.75"

I wish I had measured my lower belly roll when I started I can see a big difference there.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #6  

Yay! Deb Look at your stats!!! and your measurements!!! How cool is that!
It's amazing to see your loss b/c when people see these advertisements they are thinking yeah right lose 10lbs in a week and inches... If you stick to this you will lose weight I have no doubt!

This plan does work...and I did have to go off the plan last night...my Boyfriends birthday and he wanted me to have some ice cream so I did... My official weigh in isn't until tomorrow am, but I have lost 6lbs via my scale.

Yesterday I did my day 1 .. 18 minute workout.. on wednesday I will do day 2 I have Zumba class tomorrow night 1 hour and they include abs - and I wouldn't miss that for the world.

Great work Deb!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #7  

Hi Christina - How did your weigh in go?

How long have you been taking Zumba classes and how do you like them?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #8  

I have been taking Zumba for @ 2 months and I love them! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the gym in time for the class b/c I am going full time and the classes start at 5pm .....so I bought the DVD's! :-) They should be here this Thursday!!! It is a blast! You shake things that you didn;t know you had! It's like dancing to Latino music and makes you smile - takes all the stress away....I have literally scheduled things around these classes!
Okay here is my update ~ drum roll please.............

Here are my Current stats.... Week 1 weigh in.....
Weight 170 / 162.5
Neck - 13"
shoulders - 42"
chest - 41" / 39"
Biceps - L: 14.5" R: 14.5"/ L:13.5" R:13.5"
waist - 34"/ 32"
forearms - L: 9.5" R: 9.5" / L:9" R:9"
hips - 46" / 43.5"
Thighs - L: 25" R: 25" / L:24" R:24"
calves - 15"

I also went to my last Zumba class this past Monday and did standing abs with the class....

So now I can say this really does work I am so psyched! Aruba Here I come!
How goes it Deb?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #9  

You go Christine!!! Wow great loss on your inches and weight!

When are you going to Aruba? I'm going to Bonaire in February!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #10  

I was very bad yesterday!!! But am back on track! You when you have a really, really piping hot apple pie in front of you...OMG I had to say yes! I have been good all week! I am on the Type A diet and I seem to be feeling "skinny" like I know I'm losing weight :-)...so yesterday I figured I could be a little bad....

I did Zumba yesterday I received the DVD's Thursday and I did the power DVD It was very fun! If you would like to visit the site to buy the Zumba DVD's it is triple w dot zumba dot com I can't post amy links so you should be able to type this in and get there :-) Weigh in tomorrow! I will do my 18 minute workout today if time permits....we have to put the xmas tree up this afternoon.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #11  

Hi Christine - Hot apple pie - yeah that's a little too hard to resist! I weighed in at 167.5 this week. Will measure next week.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #12  

Super Awesome Deb!!!!
I am not going to measure but I did weight myself and I was 161.5 this am so the apple pie and my boyfriends ice cream did have an effect but I am going to shoot for a goal for the next weight in and when I measure - 157.5 that's only 4lbs I know I can do that!!! So I am gonna be super good ! My business slacks are already starting to drape on me ! I know I have lost more than 2" in my waist!
OKAY! FOCUS ON BEING GOOD!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #13  

Hi Girlz!

I just recently had a baby and need to lose the last 40lbs. I've purchased the 6WM a couple of times, and now I am trying to start the program again. I have misplaced by meal plan (body type C). I need to know the correct amounts of each type of food throughout the day. This is what I remember:

Breakfast: ½c fruit A/B, ½c carb A/B, 1oz Protein A/B
Snack1: 1-2 cups veggies A, 1oz protein A/B
Lunch: 1.5oz protein A/B, 1-2 cups veggies A, ½c carb A/B
Snack2: ½ c carb A/B, 1oz protein A/B
Dinner: 2oz protein A/B, 1-2 cups veggies A, ½c carb A/B
Snack3: ½ c fruit A/B

Is this correct? PM me if you'd like to give me the correct amounts and types. I want to make sure I'm doing it right so that I can get the same results. Last time, I only did it for 4 weeks and lost 15lbs
fraggle499 is offline   Reply With Quote