Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #276

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

yay I get to be the first one to post on the new thread!!!

nothing really new on this end.....Tommy started yet another new job today. I will be glad when we finally hear from the complex about the job here! His last job was for $8 an hour, and this one is for $9 an hour. the kids are doing much better! right now the boys are still taking a nap and Marissa is sitting in the high chair next to me playing with her toys.

I will check back later to see how every one is doing on the start of this short work week.....for some
Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Popping in with a quick hello. I had the CT scan today, and should have the results in a couple of days, which is sooner than I thought.

Did I tell you Katie and Clint picked their wedding date? It's Aug. 9. She's coming over tonight so we can take notes on some of the ideas and details. Yay! Tomorrow I'm going to her work at a huge preschool, as her guest for lunch. Then I'll start getting some things done for T'giving that I can do early.

Have a good one!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Jane--how exciting for Katie--I guess neither her or Teri ended up with Johnny. Hope you get your answers back quick-you are still in my prayers.

Mindee--glad Tommy got a higher paying job.

Everything is going good--my tooth still hurts a little--my cold is gone--still busy at work--Teri is fine....

Goodnight gals!!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hmmm, didn't even know Katie was engaged! CONGRAT'S to her.

Jules...hope the tooth gets better.

Mindee..glad Tommy got a higher paying job and hoping he gets the job in the complex.

Nighty, night
Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick fly by from me......

jane~ it is good to hear from you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you wait for the results.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Chicks.

Hi Chicks.

Well I thought I had gotten all my sleep out of my system, NOT. I slept 12 hrs yesterday! I guess I was just really exhausted!

Sue -- I haven't started shopping either and I probably won't be do much of that anyways, due to our financial situation right now. lol. Luckily I did get my mil and my mom one small thing. lol. So far the neighbor has been quiet. My guess is he got a new desk or something because I think his office is directly below our bedroom. I like short hair too, it is a lot easier, but I know long hair can be nice to do different things with. Sorry to hear about your arm hurting, I hope it feels better.

Mindee -- Evan Almighty was cute, I don't think it was as good as Bruce Almighty, but cute. Hope you hear from the complex soon and glad the kids are feeling better!

Kelton -- back! Glad your computer is fixed, I know that stinks when your computer is "sick" lol. Glad you are back on plan, I am too, well except for this week. lol.

Marti -- Glad your dinner was good, That is a good idea to WI on Thurs. morning. WTG on the exercising. I still have yet to do any......I have spent most of my weekend off sleeping............lol.

Cristina -- So far "Noah" downstairs has been quiet, at least on the weekend he was. lol. Wow 79!! Yeah I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature what time of year it is! lol. WTG on the walking!

Jane -- Fingers crossed that your results come back good. to Katie and Clint! Have fun at lunch!

Jules -- Sorry your tooth still hurts, glad that you are over your cold, I am in the beginning of one I think........

Take Care All!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

'Morning ladies...

Just dropping by to say HI.

Nothing much going on...lots of laundry to do and go for my walk. Going to enjoy this beautiful weather while it's here...tomorrow back to the cold temps.

SASSY...glad you got some much needed sleep! 12 hours though, yikes! You must have been really tired.

Have a good day!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

The doctor's office called - the CT showed nothing suspicious in my lungs, and while she was at it, she gave me the results of the D &C tissue biopsy - all benign! The amazing thing is, I've been OP throughout all this. I was tempted to overeat because of nervousness, but munched on freebie veggies when that hit.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It meant a lot to me!

Today I'm making a cranberry salad and taking care of a couple more things that can be done early. Tomorrrow evening Mary and Katie will be here helping me do all the night-before stuff, and we'll have fun with that.

Later, ladies.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Jane--what great news!! One more thing to be thankful for this holiday!!

Cristina--no laundry for me tonite--it was a baaadddd day at work today!! At least I love my coworkers or it would have been alot worse!! Laundry tomorrow though!! One load is some really cute little baby boy clothes!! That will make me smile!!

Sassy--how tired were you!! Sometimes when I sleep that much I feel more tired!! I forgot my antibiotics and pain medicene at work today. I think the thumping tooth and jaw made my day seem worse than it really was.

Mindee--hi & bye!!

Hi to everyone else--just got home and i really need to relax--I think I am going to bed early tonight.

Last edited by jules1216; 11-20-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been here for a few days getting ready for DD and her family to arrive early tomorrow aftrenoon. I think I have all my food ready for T-day and the week end. I had planned to start SBD after T-Day, but my weight was going up so I am easing into it now. I've been on it for 2 days and I feel great. I will not be 100% OP until after the kids leave starting Sunday because we are going to eat out a lot this week end.

Jane - Terrific news and I am so glad you got the news before T-day so you can relax and enjoy it. CONGRAT'S on Katie and Clint setting their wedding date. A lot to be thankful for.

Cristina - DH walked by and saw your Avatar of Lights and said "How did she do that?"

Mindee - Glad Tommy got a better paying job and hope you get good news about his job soon.

Sassy - Glad it is quiet so you can catch up on sleep lost. I did that one day last week. I couldn't believe I had slept 12 hours. Very rare for me but I needed and you must have too.

Jules - I sure hope your tooth feels better soon.

I don't know how much I will be able to be here with all the company, but I will try to check in. So I will go ahead and wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving Day now and see y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ya Chicks!

Hi Ya Chicks!

Wow this weather is totally nutso! The last few days have been beautiful (what I've seen of them anyways.lol) and then on T'giving its going to be in the 30's??? Totally nuts! No wonder everybody is sick! I am battling a cold now, its in the beginning stages, but I can feel it. I've been taking dayquil when I get home, for some reason that stuff makes me sleepy, I think that is part of the reason I was so sleepy last weekend! lol.

I was a bad girl yesterday, but I am back OP today. Even with DH going through Wendys! I was not even hungry so did not get a thing from there! I ate before I left for work and I brought my dinner! I am drinking my Mt. Dew though, hey I am working. lmao. I know not a good excuse, but one 20 oz can last me a whole shift or two even!

Hi Cristina -- Yeah I guess I was tired! lol. I do feel better now though! lol. I hope you enjoyed your walk in the lovely weather, while you can!!! Oh I see you copied off of me and got a peanuts avatar (in your signature)! lol. Just teasin ya!

Jane -- That is GREAT news! I am sooooooo happy for you! Big Big and WTG staying OP through it all!

Jules -- I was really tired I guess. I actually feel much better, I guess I needed the sleep. I hope your tooth pain eases up!

Trish -- It was nice to get caught up on sleep. I guess I really needed it. Enjoy your company!

Where is Miss Marti??? I hope you are doing well, wherever you are!

I want to wish everybody here a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #13  
a work in progress

Jane...all I can say is...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, that about sums it up

Love,
MK
Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #14  
a work in progress

My DH almost NEVER forwards internet stuff, especially sappy stuff, but he sent this to me because he really liked it -- and I do too. I think it is just so appropriate for Thanksgiving.

I AM THANKFUL:

FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT,
BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA
BEING A COUCH POTATO,
BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME
AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.

FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES
BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME,
NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM EMPLOYED

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,
AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS
WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING
AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH
WHO SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS
I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES
AT THE END OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN
CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF
IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL

BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone...
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Very Sweet, MaryKate, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-20-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Closed Thread